Yuji Naka wants to make a Dreamcast 2 (but will probably never happen, lulz)

Reaction score
Creator and maker of Sonic The Hedgehog classic games wants to work on a Dreamcast 2.
Yuji Naka was the one behind Sonic 1,2 & 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

Yuji Naka told that he was uninterested by the lastests Sonic games, too different from what he created.
http://www.segashiro.com/2010/10/04/yuji-naka-wants-to-make-a-dreamcast-2/

I will 100% DEFINITELY buy it ONLY if they decide to make another Shenmue title along with it. If not, **** it. :LOL:

Day 1 purchase.

I'd love another Dreamcast. SO many good memories from the first console, it'd be amazing to see some of the old games from the console bought to modern day graphics and such.

I'd do anything for another Shenmue game. Easily my favourite series, such a shame it died :(

I agree with Yuji too, the latest sonic games haven't been anything great.

Day 1 purchase if they bring all the SEGA arcade games that they didn't already bring, like: Sega Super GT (SCUD Race). Especially if they - you know - do the High Definition thing.

Creator AND maker of sonic?!! How could he find the time to create AND make it?!?!!?!

Anyways, I never played the original dreamcast, but you nerds always jizz when you talk about it so I guess it must have been pretty good. Since this one probably won't get made, this is the first and last time I will ever think about a Dreamcast 2.

1251993618612.jpg

I would love if the dreamcast2 is made to be a classic on and play console like the classics one,no startup menu,no "facebook integration" and photo browsing stuff or tv stuff and just straight to the game

and a simple online system where you could host games and maybe having dlc's too

I will really consider it cuz I dont know about you but I find kind of anoying all this munbo jumbo of modern consoles whitt heyr menus and functions while whit the ps1 I have tons of fun whitout that

I know there are *ALOT* of people with old nostalgia feelings for the Dreamcast who would love another Dreamcast system. But if a Dreamcast 2 was released in the market, it would have a very hard time trying to survive. The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 are already heavily competing with each other for titles, with the competition between the two getting pretty severe (especially with grown men working for both companies calling each other names). The Wii is able to thrive by doing it's own thing and not worrying too much about competition from the PS3 and the XBox 360. A Dreamcast 2 may have better luck in the market if it offers something revolutionary not found in the other consoles. Even the Wii. But even then the market would simply be over-saturated with too many consoles. And I get the feeling that Microsoft and Sony would rip on Sega and their new Dreamcase system for trying again in the hardware business after several collosal failures and bad business decisions.

I know there are *ALOT* of people with old nostalgia feelings for the Dreamcast who would love another Dreamcast system. But if a Dreamcast 2 was released in the market, it would have a very hard time trying to survive. The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 are already heavily competing with each other for titles, with the competition between the two getting pretty severe (especially with grown men working for both companies calling each other names). The Wii is able to thrive by doing it's own thing and not worrying too much about competition from the PS3 and the XBox 360. A Dreamcast 2 may have better luck in the market if it offers something revolutionary not found in the other consoles. Even the Wii. But even then the market would simply be over-saturated with too many consoles. And I get the feeling that Microsoft and Sony would rip on Sega and their new Dreamcase system for trying again in the hardware business after several collosal failures and bad business decisions.
Pretty much. The things people seemed to love about the Dreamcast were it's advanced graphics for the time, and it's great games roster. These are both things that can be achieved without a dedicated console.

I mean... unless people actually liked that ****ing controller. :|

SEGA has like 100 different IPs it could reboot new games from, and it doesn't even do that, as strictly a game developer/publisher for other consoles. So what I'm saying is that SEGA's resources must be spread too thin already.

There used to be a reason for a SEGA console. The Dreamcast hardware was basically the SEGA NAOMI arcade hardware (the most successful arcade platform ever - well, a tie with NeoGeo), and the Dreamcast still failed. Similarly, the SEGA Saturn was basically the mega popular SEGA-TITAN arcade hardware (Daytona USA, etc.), and that totally bombed in North America.

SEGA seems to have problems getting 3rd party support - hell they can practically support their consoles single-handed, and almost did.

SEGA's final few arcade systems were simply PCs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_arcade_system_boards

I wish SEGA would bring its games to the PC: [strike]Shenmue 3[/strike] Yakuza 3, Condemned 2

EDIT: SEGA has a patent for a hybrid system like OnLive: http://www.patentgenius.com/subpage.php?page=patent&patent=7618320&search=Search#show-page5

Back