Zombies never hurt me

serious_ivan

Reaction score
I'm playing Half-life 2 almost every day, and in fact, i never got killed by normal zombie. They are useless. Even on hard they are not some kind of a problem. What do you think?

I think you're awesome. I'm honored to post in a thread created by somebody so skilled.

Ugh. It's not like 'here's a zombie' and you go 'holy **** I'm dead'.
Zombies rush you in gangs, and attack with fast + poison zombies to kill you.

Please, teach us your ways oh great one.

im serious, normal zombies are so slow! I always got killed by fast zombies, but not from normal zombie.

When you kill a zombie, do you beat them into living death, death?

I always die from normal zombies. It's because they're so cute. I can help but try and stroke them.

I never got killed by any zombie, about the fast zombie's i am using shotgun then right click and WHAAAAAAM!!!

wow you are Godlike. i got killed by azombie quiet a few times and ive been playing Half Life since 1998

Try L4D on expert if you yearn for some zombie challenge.

Agreed
Mate even on the demo - 1/3 of the first level - ON EXPERT people were getting the living(un-living?) shit kicked out of them

I wouldnt know.. all my local zombies just nibble .. none break the flesh. they are quite cute really.

Er, the OP is right, you know. Normal zombies are underpowered, even on hard which boosts their health through the roof so you have to empty two dozen SMG rounds into their headcrabs before they go down. They're slow, they make too much noise so they can't sneak up on you unless you're very distracted, etc.

It's not just a gameplay balancing thing, if they're not anywhere near as dangerous as they are scary looking, their fear factor goes down the drain. They look horrific, but you can't really be afraid of something unless it's really dangerous. The Trigens in Far Cry, despite being ridiculous mutant apes on steroids, still scare me more than even the fast zombie in HL2 does, simply because they can tear you to shreds in a few seconds if you're not careful.

i've never been killed by any zombie not even a poison one ;)

In Follow Freeman, when you have to make it through the sludge under the collapsed highway, they can get you pretty good.

Matty, we know he's right, we just prefer to take the piss out of him! I was gonna say it looks like the zombies and ivan have something in common, but then I decided that was little harsh, so I didn't. Although I've just said it now. Oh well.

I'm playing Half-life 2 almost every day, and in fact, i never got killed by normal zombie. They are useless. Even on hard they are not some kind of a problem. What do you think?

barack_obama20dem20convention.jpg

Lol, nah, i dont think valve created the classic zombie trying to make you die all the time ;)

Don't post to old threads!!!

It was only 12 days old. It's not like after 12 days you can never post anywhere ever again.

The casual headcrab zombie is really easy to get by, yes. When they first introduce the zombies for the first time in HL2, just moments before you grab the boat, I never fire a bullet during that scene. You can just as easily run right past everyone suffering maybe one or two headcrab hits, saving you about 5 minutes.

It was only 12 days old. It's not like after 12 days you can never post anywhere ever again.

The casual headcrab zombie is really easy to get by, yes. When they first introduce the zombies for the first time in HL2, just moments before you grab the boat, I never fire a bullet during that scene. You can just as easily run right past everyone suffering maybe one or two headcrab hits, saving you about 5 minutes.

You mean 11 days old?

I don't understand why bumping threads is a big deal. At this point there's almost no topic in HL2 that people haven't discussed.

Dr. Freeman said:
Don't post to old threads!!!

Why? Does God kill a kitten?

Dr. Freeman said:
You mean 11 days old?

So... not even two weeks, whens the cutoff? Should I make a new thread if no one posts in the old one for 7 days?

amaranth said:
I don't understand why bumping threads is a big deal. At this point there's almost no topic in HL2 that people haven't discussed.

Same here, if someone has something legitamately new to add.

... or its still on the 1st page.

i only get killed by fast and poison zombies, unless its on expert, when i get raped by them all

I'm on hardest difficulty at the moment and I haven't reached ravenholm yet :|

Back