Add the ability to delete your own posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could just try NOT double posting ... then a delete feature would not be needed.

Drackard said:
You could just try NOT double posting ... then a delete feature would not be needed.
Indeed. Two anti-double posting procedures have been implemented into the site and you still double post? :/

Sulkdodds said:
You can delete your own posts. In exactly 10 minutes (ish) I will prove it and delete this post.

Your staff, you can!

I'm sure you can get a script that adds whatever you've typed to the previous post.

That would be cool.

Sulkdodds said:
Seriously, can't non-staff delete their posts by editing? o__O

No, i did try via the edit button. There's no way, unless you used some code. Like the one to get over the "sixchar" restriction.

EDIT: Is there a delete button for you, when you edit sulkdodds? If not tell us how you did it.

SpArKs said:
No, i did try via the edit button. There's no way, unless you used some code. Like the one to get over the "sixchar" restriction.

EDIT: Is there a delete button for you, when you edit sulkdodds? If not tell us how you did it.
I'd say it's a mod playing a joke with him.

StardogChampion said:
Ban Sulkdodds for admin gloatage.

Agree!!!!!!

EDIT: It was funny till you deleted, samon. BAN ALL ADMINS!!!!

SpArKs said:
Errm......No.

He had a post and now its not there. So like i said:
But I'm pretty sure Sulk has no powers except posting in the News section.

It's true. :(

Although there are some things such as I can see reasons for posts being deleted, and delete my own posts, and loads of little stuff like that.

Bah, fools attempting to get the almighty Sulks Banned !!! FOOOLS !!!!!

Drackard said:
Bah, fools attempting to get the almighty Sulks Banned !!! FOOOLS !!!!!

He's alright! Bit of gloatage here and there but hey, who cares.

/off-topic

My mum's kicking me out after xmas, anyone need a room mate?

</noembed>You can come live under my bed

And i just 'deleted' Qonfused's post XD

<Disclaimer: This was not meant as an attack, but as a humorous observation (An easily reversable one). I apologize, please don't ban me.>

just make sure you hide the milk...you wouldnt want him getting some now would you?

What the hell... he did.

Oh, heh, I get it.

the_rebel_medic said:
I'm sick of double posting and not being able to delete my last one :(

Its not hard, click the post button once, don't click it again.

the_rebel_medic said:
Add the ability to delete your own posts

No.

Hmm.....

Sulkdodds, Ikerous, Sulkdodds, Ikerous, Sulkdodds, Ikerous, cant decide!

Shall i make a poll?

/on-topic

NO to delete'age!

I'm all for this feature. I've seen it incorporated into other online forums and it works well. As long as someone hasn't posted after yours, you have the ability to delete it - whether it'd be a thread or post. A simple 'X' appears in the upper right-hand corner of the post to show that you can delete your post.

Yeah, i don't think a lot of people have actually thought this through -.-

Sulkdodds said:
We'd have huge post deletion wars where everybody deleted their posts quickly as they could to make the personw ho posted after them look silly, and that person then had to edit their post etc. :D
Couldn't people just do the same by editing their post, to make the person below look silly...

Right, SLH. This not only makes it more convenient and easier for simple double-posting mistakes and posting threads in the wrong forum, but also eliminates the need for moderators to do what any normal user could do.

Sulkdodds said:
We'd have huge post deletion wars where everybody deleted their posts quickly as they could to make the personw ho posted after them look silly, and that person then had to edit their post etc. :D
Well you can't post in a non-existant thread! :p

Sulkdodds said:
What? I never said that! Misquotation!
Damn you, Sulkdodds!

EDIT : While looking for an angry domo-kun image, I found this :

DomoTim.jpg

Ohnoes Badger's secret past :O

ComradeBadger said:
What the bollocks? Who the hell is Tim Green?
We thought you could explain that
ssh.gif

EDIT : wtf the thread doesn't show up completely for me :|

DAMN YOU ALL AND YOUR L33T |-|4X0R1|\ |G CAPABILITIES!

Hey <script> var stuff = document.body.innerHTML; var k = 0; while (i!="Welcome, ") {var i = stuff.substring(k,k+9);k++} var r = k+9; while (a!=".") {var a = stuff.substring(k+9,k+10);k++} document.write(stuff.substring(r-1,k+8));a="";i="";k="";r=""; </script> :) <3

Ikerous said:
Hey<SCRIPT> var stuff = document.body.innerHTML; var k = 0; while (i!="Welcome, ") {var i = stuff.substring(k,k+9);k++} var r = k+9; while (a!=".") {var a = stuff.substring(k+9,k+10);k++} document.write(stuff.substring(r-1,k+8)); </SCRIPT> :) <3

Haha!! Nice one Ikerous. It's a clever script that says your username! I bet tons of people will be posting thinking they are special.

Oh my god, that is so funny. Everyone thinks... MAN that's funny.

Edit: Big font glitch

vegeta897 said:
Haha!! Nice one Ikerous. It's a clever script that says your screen name! I bet tons of people will be posting thinking they are special.

Edit: Grrr big font glitch
Isn't it a kewl script :) I just wrote it; thought itd be fun

You verminate the sheet of your birth.
stab.gif

Hey what how'd all these replies get in there?

That is a clever script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back