Anger Management Thread

Shyam

Reaction score
In real life, I am a very angry person. Even slight annoyance makes me angry. And it seems I get angry a lot. I do things and I say things I deeply regret, and I promise myself I will never do them again, but the next time I have a rage fit I do them anyway. I am thinking of seeking help for anger management.

Do you guys have any tips for anger management ?

Exercise, great way to relieve tension. Second only to masturbating.

Bomb your school.

You think I don't do that already ? I masturbate pretty much every day.

Well then masturbate pretty much every hour

On a serious note though, pretty much the best way to stop being angry is to stop giving a ****. It's hard to do at first, but every time somebody does something to piss you off (that actually doesn't warrant a response of course), just don't even think about it.

I'm super emotional too, really small things piss me off, make me sad, make me happy, etc etc. Best way i've found to not let the emotions control me is to not even think about it when I can tell something is about to peeve me.

In real life, I am a very angry person. Even slight annoyance makes me angry. And it seems I get angry a lot. I do things and I say things I deeply regret, and I promise myself I will never do them again, but the next time I have a rage fit I do them anyway. I am thinking of seeking help for anger management.

Learn to let go.

Granted easier said than done but you just gotta shrug off shit, people are tossers and its just a reality you gotta live with.

hl2.net is becoming gayer everyday

Just be cool, dude. Take a few breaths. And remember, when you get really, really, unbelievably, pant-shittingly mad at somebody, you're letting them control you. Why don't you think for yourself, instead of letting other people dictate what you do? I mean, seriously, what kind of tag-along jackass are you, anyway?

/provoker

I'm super emotional too, really small things piss me off, make me sad, make me happy, etc etc. Best way i've found to not let the emotions control me is to not even think about it when I can tell something is about to peeve me.

I used (or at least I've conquered it for now) to have a huge problem with this. People around me would bug the piss out of me on a constant basis. I looked around and realized others weren't like this. They weren't always mad at someone just for the sake of being mad at someone. I always felt like I was wronged. I generally hated my friends. The simplest action would cause to ragefest and just be angry for entire days.

I still do, I guess; but much, much less than just two months ago. Letting go feels so good once you do it. It's difficult and hard. Your pride takes a huge hit. You just have to be.

This is kind of what I meant by forgive. Forgiving is extremely hard. But honestly, what's the point of holding on to something that the other person doesn't recognize? Accept peoples' flaws and move on. That was my thing: I couldn't accept that the people around me had personality flaws (well, things that I perceived as flaws). It was difficult, but I've moved on.

Although I am patient and calm on the outside, I can get very, very, angry and frustrated inside often. It's difficult, but I've been slowly managing it. The most important thing to remember is that getting angry won't change a situation at all for the better; It's mostly useless.

This is kind of what I meant by forgive. Forgiving is extremely hard. But honestly, what's the point of holding on to something that the other person doesn't recognize? Accept peoples' flaws and move on. That was my thing: I couldn't accept that the people around me had personality flaws (well, things that I perceived as flaws). It was difficult, but I've moved on.

Exactly my problem. It's very difficult to accept that the world and it's people are imperfect, and that no matter how big of a grudge you get from it, it does nothing to change anyone, but you.

I came to the point where I realized and accepted that I was a misanthrope. Working my way out of that hole.

In reality I'm an angry, terrible, son of a bitch/monster. My advice?

Take it out on people you don't like/don't know.

The path to happiness begins with a trail towards apathy.

Some things about forgiveness really resonating with me right now. I've recently been rediscovering my capacity for just letting things go.
There's a couple of people who I wish had been up to the same thing a few months ago. Would have saved me a lot of heart ache.

Heh.

Being forgiving is difficult, but it's definitely a virtue. It helps deal with anger a lot. But you really have to make a conscious effort to be forgiving I think.

Also; you might be easy to anger because you're in a stressful situation. It could be anything from a poor diet to work or personal problems. Perhaps you should look into things that stress you out and irritate you and see if you can just remove them from your life.

Eh, I have the opposite problem. I forgive people far too easily, even when I know they deserve to be told off.

hl2.net is becoming gayer everyday

I don't think it is even possible for halflife2.net to become more gayer than it already was.

Being forgiving is difficult, but it's definitely a virtue.

Amidst the masturbation jokes, there are some good advice. I have never physically hurt people in my anger, but usually other objects bear the brunt of my rage. Thanks for the advice.

Although I am patient and calm on the outside, I can get very, very, angry and frustrated inside often. It's difficult, but I've been slowly managing it. The most important thing to remember is that getting angry won't change a situation at all for the better; It's mostly useless.

heh. You are similar to me. In university and at work, I am really polite and calm. But at home or sometimes with my friends, it's a completely different story.

Punch them in the dick.

They don't have a dick?

Then punch someone else in the dick.

How's THAT for gayer?

Yeah, everyone knows you don't punch someone in the dick. You jerk them off instead.

I hear sucking other mens' dicks is a good stress reliever.

TLDR

go **** yourself: aka masturbate

I hear sucking other mens' dicks is a good stress reliever.

Especially mine, it's laced with relaxing barbiturate goodness!

Not really, get away from my dick.

Faggit.

Holy shit this board IS getting more queer by the day!

2cwrlhy.jpg

I don't get angry. I try not to take things too seriously, or too personally.

The times that I actually do get angry... well, those times are about betrayal of some sort, or a serious miscarriage of justice (in my opinion, anyway). Although, most of the time, I just act as if I'm angry, in a very controlled manner, so as to convey the message of serious disappointment, but yet stay from doing damage.

I find it hard to get angry, because I just think (or pretend) they're joking when someone insults me. Of course, I give them a piece of my mind in the nicest way possible, and when that fails, I just chuck a fire extinguisher at them.

GIVE IN TO YOUR RAGE

JOIN THE RED LANTERNS

VOMIT ACID BLOOD UPON YOUR ENEMIES

vsl25x.jpg

I usually get pissed at most every little thing, it sucks when you work at a job in the service industry because then you gotta deal with people and when you get a job like that you realize how dumb and most of all - lazy people really are.

There's very little that makes me fly into a fit of rage.

I almost never get visibly angry or lash out at people, though it happens sometimes.

The things that make me incredibly angry are games... and hardware. I've punched my monitor and my blood has boiled many times during frustrating gaming sequences or dealing with failing hardware.

It is because of all this that I'm more likely to be charged for assaulting a computer in a fit of rage than I am a human being.

FU&@^!@ MOTHER#&!(@!S I'll SEE YOU ALL IN HELL!!! (&*^@!(@!$!@@***!

Carry on.

Back