Arizona Republicans resign after being threatened by Tea Party members

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Several GOP officials from the same area in Arizona have resigned following last week's shooting rampage in Tucson, including a district chairman who said threats from local tea party members caused him to be worried for the safety of himself and his family.

Anthony Miller, 43, stepped down earlier this week as chair of Republican District 20 after his wife expressed concerns about "constant verbal attacks" against him since helping Sen. John McCain win reelection in November, The Arizona Republic reported.

McCain was opposed by some parts of the conservative tea party movement in Arizona. Since the election victory, Miller said he has been the subject of intimidating and threatening rhetoric in person and on Internet message boards.

Still, Miller said, he had no plans to leave his post until the attempted assassination of Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords ..

Miller, who is black, said a number of the attacks were racially based. At an event in Lake Havasu City, Ariz., Miller told The Huffington Post that someone called out, "There's Anthony, get a rope."

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/0...cial-resigns-citing-tea-party-threats-i-dont/

It's difficult to tell the blowhards from the hardcases. I'd probably quit, too, following the events of this last week.

Poppoditch (R) lost an election to Bob Filner (D) by 20 points, so he leads a mob of his supporters to Filner and... well nobody dies but here watch this interesting video:

Interview with Filner on MSNBC

Are Fox planning on turning the heat down on the lunatic fringe yet? Or are they still pumping airtime into the Tea Party and Beck?

Are Fox planning on turning the heat down on the lunatic fringe yet? Or are they still pumping airtime into the Tea Party and Beck?

The latter. This controversy only fuels them further.

The latter. This controversy only fuels them further.

See I find this whole approach kind of weird. The tea party people will always be a minority, and if anything they alienate the rest of the right wing base. I can't see what the gain is for a republican news site like Fox. What's the agenda? And how do they expect to get a viable moderate to stand against Obama in two years time if they keep giving crazy Sarah air time? I mean the woman has not yet said one thing that demonstrates any actual intelligence at work. All the folksy platitudes in the world aren't going to convince the majority of US voters to elect her if she opts to run for the presidency.

A sound bite here or there can get a vote from conservatives. It's all emotion and no thought. Americans just aren't into politics like some other countries. It's a face that people can relate with or something. I don't know, but in my experience, most of the passionately political Americans seem to be conservatives. It's really, really upsetting for me. I don't want to be stuck in the consumption age.

See I find this whole approach kind of weird. The tea party people will always be a minority, and if anything they alienate the rest of the right wing base. I can't see what the gain is for a republican news site like Fox. What's the agenda? And how do they expect to get a viable moderate to stand against Obama in two years time if they keep giving crazy Sarah air time? I mean the woman has not yet said one thing that demonstrates any actual intelligence at work. All the folksy platitudes in the world aren't going to convince the majority of US voters to elect her if she opts to run for the presidency.

Theyre just getting in front so as not to get votes taken by them. If they didnt the Tea party would realize that the Republicans are pretty much everything they hate except they are against all regulation (the stuuupidest part of the tea party thing)

Stupid emotional whining is all the Republicans can deliver really, any idiot is welcome

Ok I am not a fan of republicans or tea partiers
I and a New Englander and i feel ashamed that they named their group after that famouse event

But eter way I am not worried since the "tea Party" is a Tiny group and I will show you a vid that shows you how much they actually know........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilG7PCV448[/URL]

Back