Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in the head

So what did Sarah Palin do to you or your family to garner your hatred?

Is a terrible excuse for a public official.

People don't like Sarah Palin. I think 'hate' is too strong of a word for most anybody. The reason they don't like her is because she's one of those types of people who want to tell people how they should live their lives. She's very social conservative and social conservatives nearly always seem to be gung ho about social issues that deny the rights of others to do things that they feel as an affront to god or their own personal views of what the country should be.

People don't like Sarah Palin. I think 'hate' is too strong of a word for most anybody. The reason they don't like her is because she's one of those types of people who want to tell people how they should live their lives. She's very social conservative and social conservatives nearly always seem to be gung ho about social issues that deny the rights of others to do things that they feel as an affront to god or their own personal views of what the country should be.

This^

A bunch of lowlifes could run a train on your sister at a party and get her pregnant and in Palins eyes, her getting an abortion would be the bigger crime. She lacks the capacity to see beyond her own belief & value systems. The notion that people might actually try and get her into office is disturbing tbh.

You're being real dumb bro. I don't know whether you can't interpret people's feelings within the context of an internet forum or what, but on the internet, people are passionate and overstate their opinions, not because they may actually feel that strongly, but because that is the style of the internet. That said, I don't even think anyone in this thread even said that they feel hatred or rage towards Sarah Palin. With that said, as Ace said as well, the way we judge public figures is incredibly different from how we judge other people. Which is why it might make sense for some one to say "I hate Reagan", while it wouldn't be okay to hate some Reagan supporter who completely agreed with Bush on everything, because one is a politician who affects the entire country with his decisions, and the other is just misguided and isn't hurting anyone.

And as for actual reasons why, well I mean, let's begin with the obvious: She thrives on the attention of the American public by antagonizing current political efforts. She quit as Governor so she could go off and write a book, give hundred thousand dollar speeches, and find more delusional, idiotic disciples. She does whatever she can to help herself. She is everything that's wrong with politics wrapped into a single human being.

How did a discussion of an attempted assassination of a moderate liberal from Tuscon, Arizona become one about an idiot Vice Presidential candidate from Alaska who holds no position of power in the U.S. government whatsoever? Toss this in the politics forum and let it burn and rot properly.

Yeah, everytime I see this thread bumped I keep thinking "Oh, maybe there's an update on her (Gabrielle's) condition!" and I get disappointed every time :(.

Actually she has been upgraded, from critical to serious condition. Great news.

Ridge, is targetting a state the same as targetting a perticular district with gun crosshairs on a specific district along with the persons full name and the words "Don't retreat, reload"?

Actually she has been upgraded, from critical to serious condition. Great news.

Ridge, is targetting a state the same as targetting a perticular district with gun crosshairs on a specific district along with the persons full name and the words "Don't retreat, reload"?

Great news No Limit! Thanks for the update.

Last I read, she has been moving her arms and feet on both sides of her body. Good signs since usually damage to one side of the brain can paralyze movement on the other side of the body. They also removed the breathing tube and put in one of the neck breathing holes or something, so they can try and get her to say something and see if the speech part of her brain that the bullet went through caused serious damage.

Read the update on her condition yesterday on AP from my cell when I was riding a commuter bus.

It seems her condition has improved greatly, she has been moved to a different hospital now.

According to her husband she is responsive, including actually giving him a neck rub.

Of course, her Doctors explain that a long road of recovery awaits, but things are progressing well, let's just hope it keeps up.

"Oh my god honey you're awake we've been so worried about you also my neck is killing me do you mind."

haha that made me lolz

I wonder what kinds of things she will say to the public if she makes a full recovery.

She'd be a better legislator now than majority of our House of Reps, whom can't fathom basic human rights such as proper health care or stopping mass-slaughter.

Here's to back rubs. Sneers to out of commission liberal House member whom largely voted along the lines of my beliefs.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=13909096

HOUSTON (KOLD) - Doctors have upgraded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords from 'serious' to 'good' condition.

Doctors also say they have determined that Rep. Giffords is ready to move to TIRR Memorial Hermann to begin her rehabilitation.

The move is expected to happen on Wednesday, pending review of her medical condition early in the morning, according to a press release issued by hospital officials on Tuesday night.

Truly amazing. Hopefully she makes a full recovery as far as brain function goes, not sure that there has been a lot of news on that. But from what I heard yesterday she was watching the state of the union address so I would guess her mental functions are doing good as well.

Great news. I honestly didn't think she was going to make it after hearing about her injury, but she defied all odds. I'll be even more surprised if she makes a full recovery and returns to the same state she was in before the shooting.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, double posting, and all that other assorted bullshit excreted from the metaphorical anus of this forum, but I've got some good news on Giffords' recovery. She is continuing to make progress everyday, and her cognizance is quite close to what it used to be before the accident. However, she cannot form complete sentences yet, to her frustration. Here's a picture of her that was taken in May:

220px-Gabrielle_Giffords_recovery.jpg

Does her struggle to communicate mean that she's not using complete sentences?

"Exactly," Carusone said. "She is borrowing upon other ways of communicating. Her words are back more and more now, but she's still using facial expressions as a way to express. Pointing. Gesturing. Add it all together, and she's able to express the basics of what she wants or needs. But, when it comes to a bigger and more complex thought that requires words, that's where she's had the trouble."

Is that frustrating for her?

"Absolutely," Carusone said. "When she is trying to come up with a word or a sentence and she's clearly struggling, putting everything she's got into it, and sometimes she's not successful. When she is, there's a relief that comes across her face that she has found the word. But when she can't come up with that, it is absolute frustration."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...abrielle-giffords-health-issues-revealed.html

she looks like she's doing well, good for her

does that means that she lost part of her mind or something?

Being able to think complex thoughts but not express them sounds like damage to the Broca's area of her brain. Lost of people are able to recover speech after damages to that part of the brain, but its a long process (examples are stroke victims).

As Gabrielle Giffords continues to recover from her ordeal, Jared Loughner, the man who shot her, is currently undergoing psychiatric treatment and is likely to appear in court in September after having been ruled incompetent to stand trial in May.

Back