Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in the head

Your point?

Pretty much: no matter what ideology a crazed gunman conforms to, there will be critics of that ideology who point while nodding their heads saying "see? I told you that these dangerous and ignorant ideas would lead to something like this. Why are there people like this and why do we tolerate this kind of thinking?"

Republicans, democrats, religions people, and Atheists are all guilty of this.

Yes, but Remus never contradicted this. To say, "This idealogy will suffer injustly from these events" is not to say "The opposing idealogy would suffer justly, or not suffere at all, in similar events". The implication is never made, so the response to it is senseless.

Yes, but Remus never contradicted this. To say, "This idealogy will suffer injustly from these events" is not to say "The opposing idealogy would suffer justly, or not suffere at all, in similar events". The implication is never made, so the response to it is senseless.

I think the result if that both liberal and conservative ideologies will be driven to further extremes as both sides defend and rationalize their positions. This further widen's the divide between the sides and damages future chances of cooperation or meaningful dialogue.

Democrats and republicans alike are horrified at this event, but instead of coming together to expresses their mutual condemnation of the shooting they start attacking, not the one crazed man, but a party's ENTIRE ideology regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with the shooting.

oh goddamit sht up ,if a sausage maker was the one who caused this everyone will be blaming those dam sausage makers

it seems the gunnman is not cooperating whit the police and there is aposible second suspect

also this whole thing makes me think about all this stuff of foreign terrorists wanting to attack america but the latest incidents of this kind where made by citizens inside the country so that sure would make people to think more about it

So the bottom line is, crazy people do crazy stuff. Who knew.

I think the result if that both liberal and conservative ideologies will be driven to further extremes as both sides defend and rationalize their positions. This further widen's the divide between the sides and damages future chances of cooperation or meaningful dialogue.

Democrats and republicans alike are horrified at this event, but instead of coming together to expresses their mutual condemnation of the shooting they start attacking, not the one crazed man, but a party's ENTIRE ideology regardless of whether or not it had anything to do with the shooting.

You realize you're only supposed to quote people if you're responding to their post, right?

You realize you're only supposed to quote people if you're responding to their post, right?

I don't remember who was it that said: If you are in an interview, don't respond to the question they are giving you, respond to the question you wish they had given you.

I don't remember who was it that said: If you are in an interview, don't respond to the question they are giving you, respond to the question you wish they had given you.

Except that's what politicians do and it's really dickish. You really think it's a good idea for us to act like politicians?

Wow Reddit is crucifying Palin. But after all that 'target' and 'reload' bullshit she spewed, can't say that she looks all that innocent as far as encouragement goes.

h0NfC.png

LOL Ridge, talk about trying too hard. That's a pretty pathetic attempt at "NAH NAH NAH LIBERALS DO IT TOO" in response to the whole Palin crosshairs thing.

LOL Ridge, talk about trying too hard. That's a pretty pathetic attempt at "NAH NAH NAH LIBERALS DO IT TOO" in response to the whole Palin crosshairs thing.

valid point though.

a wall of text doesn't really have the same provocative imagery.

Uhm.. I think they were just using bulls eye as a figure of speech. Where Palin was literally using sights to bolster her whole shooty conservative motif.

And why would you even bother defending Sarah Palin?

And why would you even bother defending Sarah Palin?

Because it is doubtful that the use of crosshairs was intended to incite violence against the democrats. Pailin was just using gun terminology as party rhetoric and sound-bites. Was it ill times? Yes. Was it, perhaps, in poor taste? Yes? Have people foolishly mistaken this shortsighted use of gun imagery as Palin condoning assassination? Absolutely they did!

Some are trying to blame Palin because of a poster? You will notice that the Tea Party didn't immediately take up guns and go marching for each of those offishals marked on the poster. Look at the suspect (hasn't been convicted yet). If that poster had anything to do with the assignation (probably not) it was because this crazy ass-hole blatantly misinterpreted within his own delusional mind.

Oh my god, no one in here is as stupid as you think they are. Stop stating what's inherently obvious as though it's a revelation. What you're talking about is not even what I'm referring to.

Then explain.

>Ridge posts picture
>"Palin isn't so bad! Liberals do the same crap!"
>Palin is representative of conservatives.

Leaving me to wonder how stupid a conservative would have to be to want Palin associated with conservatives. All you've done is list the situation Palin is, which I'm already well aware of.

>Ridge posts picture
>"Palin isn't so bad! Liberals do the same crap!"
>Palin is representative of conservatives.

Leaving me to wonder how stupid a conservative would have to be to want Palin associated with conservatives. All you've done is list the situation Palin is, which I'm already well aware of.

That's clear now, and you are right. Most conservatives I know don't want to get anywhere near Palin with a pole of any length.

isn't blaming this tragedy on political media comparable to blaming similar tragedies on violent video games?

Westboro often makes me want to be a hypocrite, so I will keep my mouth shut.

That 9 year old girl apparently was an aspiring politician. She was born on 9/11/2001 and grew up to be really patriotic (im sure her parents were the cause of this though), and the reason she was at the spot of the shooting was because she wanted to talk to Congressman Giffords. Just terrible. Hope the guy gets his just deserts. I also hope the Westboro assholes get cockblocked by anti-protesters.

The brown-eyed athletic girl — who was shot in the chest — had just been elected to the student council at Tucson's Mesa Verde Elementary School. She loved to swim with her 11-year-old brother Dallas, her only sibling. Her mother, Roxanna Green, told the newspaper that Christina loved animals, singing, dancing and gymnastics.

She was featured in a book called "Faces of Hope" that chronicled one baby from each state born on the day terrorists killed nearly 3,000 people.

The author, Christine Naman of Monroeville, Pa., said Sunday that Christina playing a role in both events was "somehow particularly tragic."

"I can't believe how a beautiful young life was taken in such an awful, awful way," Naman said.

The girl already had told her parents she wanted to attend Penn State and have a career that involved helping those less fortunate than her.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/113175384.html

isn't blaming this tragedy on political media comparable to blaming similar tragedies on violent video games?

Basically, no, it's not.

Also: Haven't you heard of propaganda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeVa6U9yLCc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNyc_LlJhs

I don't believe the media incited this kid to shoot people, I believe it was more his own psychosis that made him want to kill people. Still, the news media in the wrong hands is easily the most dangerous inspiration for murder in the world. There are dozens of examples throughout history of government propaganda inspiring violence throughout the world.

Even when it's not government propaganda, passionate hate speech has a habit of inspiring people to do some pretty terrible things

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/03/eliminationism-in-america-appendix.html

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mithridate-ombud/2010/03/24/medias-myth-right-wing-violence
(that newsbusters one is a little iffy, considering they mention a guy who bit the finger off of a guy who threw a punch at him in an argument, the punchers finger landed in the guy's mouth during the punch and the biter just bit instinctively. So yeah, that's not exactly fair but there's other examples of environmental extremists torching Hummer dealerships and so on)

If this tragedy encourages people to take it down a notch, I wouldn't consider it bad at all.

I don't think the media caused it, nor do I think his actions were politically motivated.

Dude was off his rocker and chose a public event with some well known people there to make his statement.

He does seem do have crackpot political views, so the shooting was probably politically motivated. Can't help but think Glenn Beck warning how progressives who are akin to HItler, are the enemy and destroying america, may have had an influence.

More crazy people mentioned here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/10/gabrielle-giffords-shooting-grammar-extremist

http://dwmlc.com

I've found our next killers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkHl2AhfFdI
if you had "one" drop of gas left in the car, that last " one ' drop makes guage say "on e", set of one takes three & makes one or 1 or o n e, 3 together as 1, o + n + e = one/1 or? (e)l. if sum-one says, take your pick, choose one, they may say., "o(h) (e)n e one will do, oh any is truly one, its about where the space is put or set, set up/set down/set straight. 1 is the loneliest number, lone say (e)l + one, (e)l &? 1 are one & the same be safe, eleven, (e)l even/11, 10 is i.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LukeCoulson

Anyone check out that guy's youtube page? I can't be sure it's real but it's from October so I'm guessing it is. He has all of these crackpot text-page videos explaining new currency systems and insane logic describing situations he's beeen in. I didn't watch all of them but it was just dumb stuff that you see on youtube from time to time. Nothing that makes you think "hey this guy's gonna go shoot a bunch of people" but something that gives you a little insight into how his mind works.

edit: guess that was posted a long time ago... oh well it was worth mentioning...

Did Palin ever take down that thing that had a a bullseye on her election region?

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ro-fred-phelps-hate-9-year-old-girl-arizona/1

Maybe this should have its own thread?

I'd love to show up to one of their pickets with a mob and mob these bitches.

At this point I'd have been surprised if they didn't. They'll picket any death that has been given media attention. It's how they work.

Did Palin ever take down that thing that had a a bullseye on her election region?

It was taken down shortly after the shooting. I think they immediately knew that a sh*t storm would be heading their way.

You should read minority report.

Is the movie worth watching? I am pretty slow at reading books so, and besides I am currently reading another of Dick's books, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/10/the-miracle-of-gabrielle-giffords-is-the-miracle-of-america/

Yeah... sure is a miracle that the poor little girl died instead of surviving her gunshot wound to the chest, and the other people that died not surviving their wounds either. Some god granted miracle.

I'm very angry. I always am every time some terrible tragedy happens like vehicles crashes etc where many die, but some live.

I'll believe in miracles instead of this offensive bullshit people call miracles when a plane crashes nose first into the ground at full speed and everybody walks away injury free. Other than that, miracles don't happen and it's an insult to the families of the dead that god somehow provided a miracle to save some, but not others... especially young children who had their whole lives to live.

That certainly looks like a reliable news source.

Edit: Haha, no really, this is priceless.

Is it just me or does the shooter in this mugshot look like he's partially cel shaded?

Also... what a deranged ****ing grin that is... goddamn lunatic.

Photograph_of_Jared_Lee_Loughner_by_Pima_County_Sheriff%27s_Office.jpg

Ahh, The DailyKos. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. They often inspire liberals to shoot democrats.

Very reliable source by the way.

On an unrelated note, check out this guys page.

Some nutter said:
I join the growing number Tea Party Patriots who demand that Sheriff Dupnik be investigated by the FBI for civil rights violations in reference to the Arizona Massacre of last Saturday. It would appear for personal reasons - perhaps an affair with Amy Loughner - Sheriff Dupnik, ignored repeated death threats and bizarre behavior by Amy's son Jared.

"Did You know? 90%-95% OF ALL THE CONFLICTS ON THIS PLANET TODAY INVOLVE MUSLIMS FIGHTING NON-MUSLIMS OR EACH OTHER."

OBAMA BOSS ******

Haha, he quotes from some White News website haha.

Back