Avatar: The Legend of Korra; it's steampunk

I'm not going to be posting any links or PMing people if they request me. There was a Vimeo link on the front page of Reddit's video's subsection (and it's been taken down since anyway). Find it yerselves.

you're making a very cute 8 year old boy sad ..and the sad boy's homicidal father angry

Poor Stern is too old to Internet.

I have written a poem to help you through this difficult time.

The best way to find something that you want to
Pirate, is to be diligent, and search from
Bay to ocean, shore to mountain.

Apparently, they're actually releasing the first two episodes on Saturday, although whether both episodes constitute the premiere or not, I do not know. Still, I am excited.

The episodes are up on Korranation.com
I have never been so excited for the rest of a series before in my life! I will probably watch them again tomorrow.
Wow! Go watch it!

That link just redirects me to the official facebook page. Blocked for those outside the US I guess? Any way to get around that (are we allowed to discuss such measures?

Such. Massive. Trolls. on the Zuko's mother bit.

Just saw the two episodes on Korra nation, Tenzin is totally unlike his father. The metalbending cops made me think of Batman with his grapple. Republic City = Gotham City?

Amon has the same voice actor as Starscream (Steve Blum) from Transformers Prime, it's like when Ozai and Mark Hamill (i imagined him doing that laugh)

I kind of want to see who plays the main bad guy's voice. I've heard it before.

The villain named Amon, is voiced by Steve Blum. I think he was in Full Metal Alchemist and Transformers Prime.

Take a shot every time you hear Steve Blum in something.

Just kidding I don't hate you guys enough to turn you into alcoholics.

Amon has that whole Cobra Commander vibe going on, interesting.

But I'm already hearing theories from fans that they think Amon is secretly one of Aang's kids who was jealous of Tenzin's abilities, cliche as ****.

So whats valvetime.nets opinion on season 1 and the season finale?

I liked the Amon and Tarrlok back story.

The ending was way too pat... "we fixed everything in the last 10 minutes". Korra should have had to work to restore her bending (and others), not have it given back straight away. The sudden airbending after getting de-powered seemed odd. I'd have preferred to see the lieutenant allow them to escape while keeping Amon busy instead. Tarlok is quite self centered and selfish, I really don't see him committing suicide so it seemed out of character. He may have been able to convince Amon to restore his bending so he had a reason to not give up right off the bat.

It was entertaining but there were big flaws in the execution of the finale.

I liked Amon's backstory, it was interesting. But there is too many generic characters, Mako, Asami, Korra and Bolin getting massive amount of screen time.

Shipping seems like it took a big priority, too. Not the Equalist movement, and how it affected Republic City. I thought those themes had so much potential, but I don't think Bryke are that competant of writers (some of the writers from ATLA didn't return for LOK). They have an infatuation with cheesy teen romance, for some ****ing reason.

I meant that I expected spirit blocking or whatever Amon was doing to remove bending regardless of if she had leveled up enough to unlock it or not. I think it would have served the series and character development for Korra far better had she lost all of her powers and had to get in touch with her spiritual side to restore them... over the course of the second season. Take 4 or 5 episodes to repower Korra then they can elaborate on what a fully leveled up Korra would do.

The Air Chakra deals with love and is located in the heart. That scene makes a lot more sense with that in mind.

so basically 'hurr durr love triumph over all' (considering Mako was about to lose his bending)

But it was basically a deus ex machina (how could a fully realised Aang couldn't move a muscle against Yakone but Amon who is so much more powerful, Korra is able to wrestle his bloodbending with the power of luv and AIRBEND). Amon probably created a chakra block using bloodbending, which is how he is able to take away bending. Kinda disappointed he turned out to be a waterbender, I wanted a spirit world antagonist.

I just rewatched all of The Last Airbender and I realize now how much undeserved credit I had given Legend of Korra for simply being related. LoK is a decent enough show, but TLA is leagues ahead of it in almost every way.

Looks like after the defeat of Amon, Korra will fight some spirit world monsters. Cool.

Back