Battlefield 3

Nighttime gameplay is looking awesome.

xhOoY.jpg

man I hope the rumor that the beta starts on the 29 is not true.
I want that shit now,not in 3 weeks

man I hope the rumor that the beta starts on the 29 is not true.
I want that shit now,not in 3 weeks
That makes little sense. Considering that the game is to be released the 25th, that gives about two weeks of beta gameplay and then two weeks for them to make the bug fixes, balancing fixes, and then ship the game? I'd count on seeing it in about a week and a half.

That makes little sense. Considering that the game is to be released the 25th, that gives about two weeks of beta gameplay and then two weeks for them to make the bug fixes, balancing fixes, and then ship the game? I'd count on seeing it in about a week and a half.

yeah but... a beta is really just a demo, and has been for the last however many years. a beta to fix bugs and balances would of been released months ago. if anything, the alpha was the beta, i'd guess.

gaming industry linguistics and all that.

so how many of you have pre-ordered? and from where?
I am seriously considering going retail for the first time in years, simply because I don't want to support Origin
but are there any other digital distributors that offer the same pre-order bonuses (ie. back to karkand, physical warfare packs, early beta access)?

so how many of you have pre-ordered? and from where?
I am seriously considering going retail for the first time in years, simply because I don't want to support Origin
but are there any other digital distributors that offer the same pre-order bonuses (ie. back to karkand, physical warfare packs, early beta access)?

I pre-ordered from Origin last week because it will allow me to get the game almost immediately upon release without having to mess around with trying to transfer my CD-Key from another medium. I just felt that having the copy on Origin would make it as painless as possible.

Also, some leaked single-player footage. I don't really care about single-player, but it might be pretty damn awesome.

That guy has 4 gameplay videos a few minutes long each, and I seriously, SERIOUSLY hope that it is a pre-build that he somehow got his hands on for the 360, as it looks TERRIBLE in places. Maybe its just the resolution (ffs, its 2011, get an HD camera!) or something, but some of the textures look genuinely laughable.

But I dont care. Console owners should suffer more for buying this on consoles. They should get 4v4 maps instead of 12v12.

PC is the way to go for this one. Anyone who doesnt is wasting their time and money.

I wouldn't worry. I don't know if you played the alpha, but there was no question about the graphical quality...

That guy has 4 gameplay videos a few minutes long each, and I seriously, SERIOUSLY hope that it is a pre-build that he somehow got his hands on for the 360, as it looks TERRIBLE in places. Maybe its just the resolution (ffs, its 2011, get an HD camera!) or something, but some of the textures look genuinely laughable.

But I dont care. Console owners should suffer more for buying this on consoles. They should get 4v4 maps instead of 12v12.

PC is the way to go for this one. Anyone who doesnt is wasting their time and money.

I do wish developers weren't as forced to make games like this on the console in order to help their bottom line, assuming that was their motivation here. I still don't wish a 4v4 limit on them though, lol.

You're just a dickhead :D

the closed beta on the 360 started a few days ago my Boss was at in invite only event and played it for a bit he said it's coming along well.

I do wish developers weren't as forced to make games like this on the console in order to help their bottom line, assuming that was their motivation here. I still don't wish a 4v4 limit on them though, lol.

PC Defence Force!

do we have an official HL2.net BF3 Steam group set up yet?

none of this makes any sense

though, i echo the dickhead sentiment. you are one of the many reasons i have to frown upon the certain elitist pc community at times: childish, narrow-minded and arrogant attitudes are not what the gaming community on the whole needs, especially not right now. enjoy the games, you dick, and be happy that your beloved pc version isn't being scaled down. you have absolutely zero reason to be frothing at the mouth over this, so on yer bike.

Wow, wish I could play this but no Steam version still. Sorry Dice.

Wow, wish I could play this but no Steam version still. Sorry Dice.

Seems like you're hurting yourself more than you're hurting Dice.

I don't fully understand this attitude. I would also prefer not to install another platform and have Steam manage the game instead, but if I'm excited about the game I won't let a slight nuisance like this stop me from playing it. It would affect my decision only if I was on the fence about buying the game in the first place - I don't know, perhaps that was the case with you, Glenn.

I don't fully understand this attitude. I would also prefer not to install another platform and have Steam manage the game instead, but if I'm excited about the game I won't let a slight nuisance like this stop me from playing it. It would affect my decision only if I was on the fence about buying the game in the first place - I don't know, perhaps that was the case with you, Glenn.

Maybe he meant as in "no dice." Sorry dice, no you.

I don't get it either. To me, it's people trying to feel self-righteous.

What makes it worse is that the beta is ready, but Microsoft and Sony are being dicks, thus the beta won't come out until 2-3 weeks from now.

What makes it worse is that the beta is ready, but Microsoft and Sony are being dicks, thus the beta won't come out until 2-3 weeks from now.

sources? i've seen nothing of the sort that suggests that, though it's pretty widespread right now that the beta is expected to the drop quite soon. the login page surfaced the other day, after all.

edit: i'm not calling you out so i can be console defence force, i'm actually genuinely interested in where you've heard that sony and MS are the reason the beta hasn't came out yet.

i check battlefieldo nigh on 10 times a day, but somehow i managed to miss that post. bizarre! thanks though

i'm presuming that the beta was sent off for confirmation a while ago though, i don't think this is something they would only realize now re: 2-3 week waiting period. if i was to be honest? i'm anticipating it dropping next week, personally.

edit: i see that post has literally just gone up in the last 15 or so minutes, haha. i checked there earlier to see if there was anything new from the squad leader post, and now i just look silly. bah.

God damnit! I want to sign up but your there be server errors! :(

Yeah I quite disappointed with BC2 in the end, it wasn't a bad game...it just didn't reach my expectations as the next BF (my last one having been BF2). So I've been hesitant to fall for that again as well as being irked by the Steam 'restrictive terms' smear campaign and the promotion of Origin agenda via BF3. I think I've reached a point in my life where I don't need a particular game in my life, I can do without quite happily. This situation annoyed me so I'm happy to skip it. I guess the fact that I feel so nonplussed or not bothered by not playing BF3 is testament to that I genuinely feel like that?

Pretty much feel the same way. I was already a little iffy because while I enjoyed BC2 it didn't feel all that great to me. And if they're going to start trying to tell me how I should buy and play my games, then they lost the purchase altogether.

I'll just have fun with RO2 thanks.

Pretty much feel the same way. I was already a little iffy because while I enjoyed BC2 it didn't feel all that great to me. And if they're going to start trying to tell me how I should buy and play my games, then they lost the purchase altogether.

They told you how to buy and play your games? I must have missed that.

Last I checked, when I bought HL2 (from the store, no less), I needed to have Steam and I needed to verify my game data ONLINE before I could play. This took hours because Steam was a steaming pile of shit back in 2004.

So, explain to me why it's so different now with BF3 rather than in 2004 with HL2? Is it because it's EA?

If you don't want to play the game or are not interested by the game - fine - leave it at that. But, please, keep the side notes that your feel victimized by their means of distribution.

Yeah I quite disappointed with BC2 in the end, it wasn't a bad game...it just didn't reach my expectations as the next BF (my last one having been BF2). So I've been hesitant to fall for that again as well as being irked by the Steam 'restrictive terms' smear campaign and the promotion of Origin agenda via BF3. I think I've reached a point in my life where I don't need a particular game in my life, I can do without quite happily. This situation annoyed me so I'm happy to skip it. I guess the fact that I feel so nonplussed or not bothered by not playing BF3 is testament to that I genuinely feel like that?

I get where you're coming from. I also don't consider BC2 as "the next BF" and I'm a bit afraid that BF3 will still feel more BC2 than BF2, though I have faith that it will be a step in the right direction. But I guess I just focus on that and disregard the whole distribution platform thing.

And if they're going to start trying to tell me how I should buy and play my games, then they lost the purchase altogether.

While I don't exactly like having to install Origin, I don't think we can blame EA for trying to push out their own platform, having seen the success of Steam.

God damnit! I want to sign up but your there be server errors! :(

Battlefieldo y u no work?

Heh sorry guys :) We get a TON of traffic these days and our server buckles under the load from time to time (and we have an entire dedicated server purely devoted to hosting the site). Should be working better now. In general if you encounter server errors or time-outs, try again in an hour or two and it should be working better.

I'm guessing the irony of you making this statement on a Half-Life 2 forum completely flew over your head, eh? :p You do realize that HL2's release was one of the first AAA titles to require a service like Steam, if not THE first?

Also, Gabe has repeatedly made statements implying that he thinks Valve should adapt to fit EA's requirements for digital distribution, so it seems quite likely we'll see BF3 on Steam sometime down the road post-release.

Back