Being Friends With Girls

Adrien C

Reaction score
Do you guys think it is actually possible to be friends with girls?

I mean, can you realy look for a girl to be friends with out wanting to go out with her in the first place?

The only (girl) friends that I have is because: A- She is an ex or B- Been friends since childhood.

I find it quite impossible to keep a friendship with a girl which did not work out for me.

I try though. It is my new social experiment.

Impossible. Sex will always play a role, even it is just subconciously.

Entirely possible. I have several. Without sexing any of them up.... YET hurr durr

Eejit took my post, though I believe mine started with "Absolutely possible" and ended simply in "YET." I emphasise the full stop.

I'd say it's pretty difficult for a straight guy with normal hormone levels to be perfectly fine with being "just a friend" to a hot woman. He may be content with it, but I think there will always be an underlying desire to be more than that.

I live with three girls, all of whom I'm friends with (even though one of them is ****ing annoying). Unless you have the hormone levels of some pubescent teen I don't see why you can't be just friends with a girl.

And before anybody asks it, all my housemates are attractive.

Eejit took my post, though I believe mine started with "Absolutely possible" and ended simply in "YET." I emphasise the full stop.

The '-YET hurr durr' pre-empts the argument that I "will eventually" while also ridiculing the point. I'm efficient that way.

Well, if there is strong attraction there for one of you, then it's probably not going to work. It will be frustrating and painful for the one who is attracted, and annoying and weird for the other person.

If there's strong attraction from both, then you'll probably be ****ing.

If there is only physical attraction but you don't really like the person, then I can't see how you would want to be friends, really.

But of course it's possible.

Yes, it is possible.

Female friends I don't see on a regular basis aside, I have one best female friend which I spend time with quite often and we can talk openly etc. I don't find her particularly attractive, though she probably is good looking cause when we go out to a club, there are almost always some guys giving her attention and she knows how to seduce. She's just not my type I guess. We joke sometimes how we should finally have sex sometime (but no kissing!), but there's no actual desire. We are also not jealous of each other's partners.

Yep. On the one hand, there's always an element of sexual attraction that intrudes on platonic friendship with women, but on the other, there's an element of competition that intrudes on friendship with men as well. No relationships are immune!

Is it actually possible to be friends with girls? Yes. next question.

I have kept several friendships like that for awhile, and despite finding them very attractive I've resisted thus far. Except for one >_>

Of the girls I'm friends with.. I mean actual friends with... I think I've either tried or have been sexually involved with all of them. Maybe one or two that I haven't and I've wanted to but either didn't have the balls to try or didn't want to make things more complicated. I guess it's possible but for me the sexual aspect will be present.

Just make friends with ugly girls if you have a problem.

Im "friends" with 2 chicks ive known for a long time, I'd like to tap em both to be honest... but i also cherish our friendship to some extent, I do get jealous though when i see a dude hitting on them...

So yes you could fool yourself into thinking that its possible, but you're either friendzoned and are at peace with it, she secretly likes you instead of the otherway around, or you're a homosexual and have a faghag buzzing around you.

There is always a sexual undertone in any boy-girl relationshop/friendship, if you like/know it or not..
Ask yourself this, would you F her? If so, its probably the reason why you are hanging around her in the first place. If not; She's probably into you...

Is it possible? Yes. Is it simple? Depends.

There are times when I start talking to a friend who just happens to be female, and after a while, after several long chats and texts and lots of hanging out, I find myself liking them as something more then just a friend.

Impossible. Sex will always play a role, even it is just subconciously.

pretty much this but you can still be friends with them. hell pretty much every female is fair game so long as she's not obese or fugly. it doesnt mean much and doesnt cloud the fact that they're just your friend. friends can (want to) **** friends and still remain friends. but if you like that person well then it's much more difficult to see them as a just "friend". I pretty much want to screw all my female friends but I dont have feelings for them and wouldnt act out on it but if circumstances were different and there was 100% no strings attached, sure why not

If you can't get past your attraction to them and just be friends, then you really have no self control what-so-ever. A normal person can ignore such emotions, just like you can ignore the urge to punch your idiot co-worker every time you see them.

The 'have sex with every female' gene is implanted in the Y chromosome. The thought is there at some point or another, even if not acted on.

Easy, if she's your sister.

I'm great friends with my sister. We share the same sense of humor, common interests. She's fun to hang out with all the time.

If you can't get past your attraction to them and just be friends, then you really have no self control what-so-ever. A normal person can ignore such emotions, just like you can ignore the urge to punch your idiot co-worker every time you see them.

Of course most dudes have enough self-control to not actually act on it. But the sex is simply always there, if only in thought or even subconsciously.

No, it can't happen. If you become friends and enjoy each others' friendship then you are obviously interested in each other in some way. Which naturally includes sexual thoughts....so "friendship" I guess it could be called, with desires.

Overly horny guys not getting any ITT.

Yeah, like what? Sure, you can't always choose who you find attractive, but it's quite easy to choose (or at least I thought it was) who you're attracted to or who you're interested in? Just because something is walking around, talking to you, and has a vagina doesn't mean that she's fair game and you should definitely sleep with her.

Maybe.

Of course most dudes have enough self-control to not actually act on it. But the sex is simply always there, if only in thought or even subconsciously.

I don't see how that gets in the way of people's friendships. Like I said, its just like having a professional relationship with a person you want to stab.

Yes, it can happen. Someone who tells you otherwise is socially retarded.

pretty much this but you can still be friends with them. hell pretty much every female is fair game so long as she's not obese or fugly. it doesnt mean much and doesnt cloud the fact that they're just your friend. friends can (want to) **** friends and still remain friends. but if you like that person well then it's much more difficult to see them as a just "friend". I pretty much want to screw all my female friends but I dont have feelings for them and wouldnt act out on it but if circumstances were different and there was 100% no strings attached, sure why not

I bet you make your wife feel like a real special lady.

I actually came in this thread to mention how there was a severe lack of Stern in this thread, but there it is. Though admittedly not quite what I expected.

Bravo Stern, BRAVO!

I once made friends with a female Night Elf hunter in WoW, so yes, it's possible.

I once made friends with a female Night Elf hunter in WoW, so yes, it's possible.

Mike feels the same way too. Before he met you, he didn't think he'd ever be able to connect with his own gender in such a way.

Easy, if she's your sister.

But what if she isn't your sister then? What if she's (for instance) some eight year old little girl you're tasked with babysitting? :/

I kid, I kid. Back on topic!

It works for a while, but then eventually i get curious, and can't look them in the face any more because of things I've thought about them... But, then again, I have my father's charm, and my mother's wit, and for the most part, the second I open my mouth I have 4 girls that tell me I'm awesome... Maybe if I wasn't such a chicken shit I'd be up to my neck in poon. Thanks, OP, for making me hate myself for missing out on some great puss. Prickhole.

;)

Back