Best Buy randomly calls and hires me... drug test in 48hrs HALP LIFE 2 DOT STNRS

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
FORTY EIGHT hours

I just got back from a visit to my college, hence there's some (perhaps lost?) of THC in my system. I am not a reg pot smoker but during the visit I smoked often (I had no idea I got the job).

48hrs and all I have advice for to do is: work out, eat vitamin c / drink cran juice / lots of fluids / starvation diet and creatine/detox beverages and jello packets 1 hr before test

ANY other ideas? I must must must get this job.

I was stupid, I know, but now I beg of you - please help (life two dot net). and no, fake urine or replaced urine is out of the question

D: !

drug test to work at Best Buy? it's not freakin Nasa

actually the only job I can think of in canada that has a drug test is commercial pilot. also you're screwed

why would you smoke up if you knew you were having a Drug Test at some point? Also I hate how the most harmless drug lasts the longest in the system. I would have been screwed over had I had an accident at work

You need to just constantly drink and eat a lot of wheaties.

Working out is the only thing I've heard that gets rid of the THC quicker. I'm sure the more regular weed smokers here will be of more assistance.

If worst comes to worst and they actually discover THC, say people were smoking it in your company during your visit to the uni, but you didn't touch it yourself. A bad excuse, I know, but the only one I can think of.

LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER. I can't emphasize that enough. If you think you've had enough, you haven't.

DhCYc.png

(View image)

I remember reading your thread about applying there and it seems the drugs are doing you a favor. Sounded like a ****ing nightmare job.

I was gunna say you could also tell them that you love Poppyseed Bagels and Poppyseed Salad Dressing, maybe it would confuse the test results

I was gunna say you could also tell them that you love Poppyseed Bagels and Poppyseed Salad Dressing, maybe it would confuse the test results

And if anyone anywhere were ever to actually believe such a bullshit line, I'd swallow my iPod shuffle like a pill. And wash it down with pure unicorn tears.

why would you smoke up if you knew you were having a Drug Test at some point? Also I hate how the most harmless drug lasts the longest in the system. I would have been screwed over had I had an accident at work

good job reading the OP and thread title /sarcasm. They'd basically missed their call window and I figured I wasn't hired. Thanks for being useless as usual, Warped.

@others: ty, esp six - great read. Talked to another friend who was a pharm who had similar advice

No idea, not a concern of mine. But here's a correlation that's useful - exercising means dehydration and thirst, drink water - repeat.

I've passed a drug test after 3 days after smoking ganj every day. You may be able to do it. However if you have any amount of fat on your body that will reduce your chances of success. I'm pretty skinny so I metabolize cannabinoids quickly.

If you don't pass don't worry about it. Best buy isn't a great place to work to begin with.

Really? Drug test for Best Buy?

With only 48 hours to clear your system out you are probably ****ed if you use your own pee. I have heard of people passing one after 6 or 7 days, never 48 hours.

If you can get someone that is clean to pee in a water bottle for you and sneak it in that's your best bet.

If you can't do that drinking alot of water is your only real option, and it probably won't work that well. I heard rumors that detox works but I don't really buy it.

And hey, if you fail as others have said it's only best buy.

If you smoked in the last month, you'll probably fail.

0HWf4.jpg

WTF, drug test? This is Best Buy not the army/police/government agency.

Tell them you were at a party and it was dark and someone offered you what you thought was a cigarette and you inhaled and it wasn't a cigarette after all and you regret this mistake and you will be a good employee and never do drugs or smoke what you think are cigarettes in the dark.

umm you guys never worked retail before?

Drug tests are very common before getting hired.

America is weird.

This.

On a lighter note. You could continually take every drug you can find from now until the test so that when they get it to the lab the results are so high that they decide the equipment must have been contaminated and give you a pass anyway.
And even if you miss out on the job you will have had fun trying.

P.S..... Don't do this.

Please keep in mind many companies don't really "care" about marijuana. I took a hair test a few years ago and asked the girl doing the test a few questions. She said some companies only care about cocaine/heroin and other "hard" drugs.

Use your Straight Edge friend's pee, otherwise just don't get the job for now. Nothing I really know of that can help (Though it would be awesome to know.)

Just say you were at a party where it was being passed around.

That probably only works in movies.

You're most likely boned. I'm shipping you a gallon of my urine, but I think USPS will take longer than 2 days to get it there. Hope for the best!

Please keep in mind many companies don't really "care" about marijuana. I took a hair test a few years ago and asked the girl doing the test a few questions. She said some companies only care about cocaine/heroin and other "hard" drugs.

Dude. You're in California. That's basically 100% the case there and few other places.

But yeah if it's only been 48 hours you're pretty much screwed. THC is fat soluble so that's why it stays in your body for so long. Water doesn't regularly cycle in and out of your fat cells like it does the rest of your body unless you're basically dehydrated so, I'd suggest getting a decent amount of exercising and drinking diuretics like caffeine with PLENTY of water. I guess that's your best bet. I read up on it for a while back when I thought I'd actually get drug tested since I work at a place that deals with mental health and substance abuse (I'm just a programmer) and they have on-site drug testing. After almost two years I haven't been drug tested but I've only smoked a few times in that whole duration.

Well good luck.

umm you guys never worked retail before?

Drug tests are very common before getting hired.

America is weird.

This.

If I was in that situation I would most likely take it as an insult and tell them to shove their job offer where the sun don't shine.

"Herp Deee DERP, before we can hire you we have to test you for drugs, search you for weapons, and take your finger prints."

I dont know why you guys think its so weird. I had a drug test for like every job I've had. Except for a video game company, but I guess thats to be expected. I mean, I sorta get that its not their business to know what you do on your own time, but its not weird that they would want to make sure you're not a crackhead. Hiring crackheads is a bad idea. Maybe they'll let it slip since its only weed (though I doubt it, since it would likely get filed for their corporate office's record).

Drug tests for jobs are quite rare here, never heard of it in a retail position.

so awful that drug test are legal for employers seriously, so so awful, i cant understand the legality of it.

just take it and cross your fingers... most dont give a shit about pot. let us know BHC and good luck :)

when i took the drug test to get in at Safeway, i ended up using somebody elses piss and taping it to my thigh. the facility was in a hospital, so my friend pissed in the little container in the lobby bathroom, i went in and equipped it, then we took the elevator four floors up and i took the test. hope this helps.

Look for men in longcoats hanging around the facility where they do the drug test. They may have some urine for sale.

Sinkoman's idea would probably work if you had a willing counterpart.

drug test to work at Best Buy? it's not freakin Nasa

actually the only job I can think of in canada that has a drug test is commercial pilot. also you're screwed

I can imagine using vehicles would require a drug test, but selling TV's? Its a riskier job than I thought, kind of glad that I'm working back of house

good job reading the OP and thread title /sarcasm. They'd basically missed their call window and I figured I wasn't hired. Thanks for being useless as usual, Warped.
This kind of thing pisses me off no end. Companies just love to bugger you around, not get back to you, do whatever they like, and then phone you out of nowhere one day before the job was due to start expecting you to jump to attention immediately, when, under the impression you had not been picked, you might already have made other plans...

Our time is valuable. Your time is nothing. If you want to work for us, you will drop everything else and love us with all of your heart. So what if you're just stacking shelves?

Back