Bioware announces announcement

Knights of the Old Republic 3.

I can dream, can't I?

;(

Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and now this? Damn, those guys must be married to their jobs.

Stupid ass glitchy shit effects in the trailer...still able to make out that the gun looked like a Bullpop...so not ME3 :(

Another game that will rip money from my metaphorical wallet no doubt. Those assholes.

We already know ME3 is coming eventually so I'll be glad if it's something new. I really hope it's something like KotOR 3 like Lucid but I doubt it :(. Maybe they could make SW:KotOR 3 as a singleplayer prequel to SW:tOR to tie up the story between KotOR and tOR a little better and at the same time they'd probably get MMO-players from SW:tOR to buy it (who wouldnt normally buy that sort of a game) because the games relate very closely to eachother. It makes sense in my mind! And I really want KotOR 3 :(.

It better not be another MMO. Anyway, I'm curious to see what this actually is.
Kotor 3 would be interesting, but I wouldn't mind something "fresh." I just hope it will engage me like the ME universe has.

Edit: Someone mentioned an ME spin-off, or a prequel of some sort. Wouldn't mind that at all if it were done properly, and had a good story.

Although someone posted on another forum that the rifle he is using appears in the ME games, so...I don't know.

Bioware announces new RPG shooter: GUY WITH A GUN

Bioware Designer: "Really intuitive new design, when you level up, you can shoot more good"

fans: "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Mechs or I'm going to rape every member of Bioware.

Yes this is a threat.

that weapon does look similiar to one in mass effect

You can tell it is not the AR.

Untitled.jpg

Someone said it was the Incisor(sp?) rifle. Haven't compared them yet.

You can tell it is not the AR.

Untitled.jpg

looks more like this sniper rifle

Viper_Sniper.png

anyway I dont think it will be mass effect3 cuz the second one came out not so long ago right? I buyed it when it got a lower price

Knights of the Dragon Age 3: Mass Effect

It's the best I've got.

Mass Effect: Origins

For mobile and iphone.

Sadly with this joke I will be correct.

A new game from Bioware is always a great thing.

(unless it's an MMO)

Ah much better. Yeah, a grey Incisor isn't a bad guess.
Bioware posted a few pics in the 'Forum Home » Mass Effect » Mass Effect News and Announcements' section of their forum. I'm on board the ME bandwagon now.

Announcing another Mass Effect property with ME3 already in development, not to mention they're also making DA2 and have an absurdly expensive MMO on their hands? I'm banking on it being some stupid DLC or something. Or just that ME3 will be coming to PS3, if that wasn't already announced. I mean, have they really gotten so big that they can handle four full games at once?

Its been pretty much translated as a Mass Effect related game, this is what Joystiq came up with:

1) The sniper rifle is supposed to be from Mass Effect

2) 55.845 is the MASS of iron

3) -128.5 F is the coldest temperature recorded in Vostok Station

4)There is a system in Mass Effect called the Vostok system and its asteroid belt is extremly rish with iron ore

5) There is another system called Aequitas, which is famous for its iron canyons and whos surface temperature is -128.5 F

So best guess is that its either Mass Effect 3 or a Mass Effect spin off

That Mass Effect game is not a massively multiplayer online version of BioWare's sci-fi RPG series, but a game that's designed to appeal more to the Call of Duty market, according to that source.

Well, ****.

Always happens. Game company makes decent game, good critical reception, poor initial sales. Makes second game, critically acclaimed, profit flies through the roof temporarily. Company gets used to income, appeals to lowest common denominator with upcoming products to generate revenue. New product considered average at best despite massive sales on release day, brand tarnished as a result.

Otherwise known as the Activision model.

Bioware have only made three games? Only one of them good?

Well ok, it's an oversimplification of the model, but you get the general idea.

That Mass Effect game is not a massively multiplayer online version of BioWare's sci-fi RPG series, but a game that's designed to appeal more to the Call of Duty market, according to that source.
So possibly a good sci-fi space shooter that isn't Halo? Sounds good to me.

Well ok, it's an oversimplification of the model, but you get the general idea.

New Bioware products are considered average at best? Looking at metacritic scores and sales, that is quite ungenerous. I think that Bioware is, at the moment, one of the best company in the game industry. THE best, to me; but that's a personal opinion.

As long as it doesn't mean I have to play this game to understand events and things being referred to in ME3, I have no problem with it.

I do kinda dislike what EA are doing though, splitting up their big franchises into a bunch of different media that means you miss out on a lot if you only play the games.

Like I guess they have already done with Mass Effect, and with Dead Space.:(

I do kinda dislike what EA are doing though, splitting up their big franchises into a bunch of different media that means you miss out on a lot if you only play the games.

Like I guess they have already done with Mass Effect, and with Dead Space.:(
Actually I quite like this approach. It allows the world and mythology to be developed without having to shoehorn loads of intrusive exposition into the games.

Back