Birthday what should I get?

tesher06

Spy
Reaction score
I'm turning 17 on the 21st and I was wondering if any one has any good ideas as to what I can get. I was thinking of and Iphone (I use a razer still)..., or a new graphics card. Those are the only 2 things I can think of at the moment.

Dell XPS 420
4gigs of ram
E8400 3.0ghz Dual Core processor
Nvidia Gforce 8800GT with a Zalaman heat sink (dropped the temperature alot, idles at 47C Summer Arizona..., and overloads at 65 during the summer.)
450Watt PSU

ps.
Ummm, I have AT&T as a carrier I forgot to mention :p. Just wondering, does an Nvidia 8800gt still suffice or do you think an upgrade would be good now since it's honestly starting to lag behind but still is pretty good card.

Congrats on your 21st coming up soon!

Happy Birthday Dude! - <--- don't read that until the 21st

300px-almanacfront.jpg

You can't lose.

I strongly suggest that you get an iPhone 4.

I doubt my dad would get me the Iphone 4. Him and my sister both have Iphones and he even told me a while back he would get me one but mentioned he would go get the Iphone 4 and give me his Iphone 3gs... so thats a drawback =/.

I doubt my dad would get me the Iphone 4. Him and my sister both have Iphones and he even told me a while back he would get me one but mentioned he would go get the Iphone 4 and give me his Iphone 3gs... so thats a drawback =/.

Take the 3GS, unlock it, and then sell it on craigslist (they fetch around $350-$400 for the 16GB). Take half that money and get the iPhone 4. The other half belongs to me.

Haha the wonders of be a teenager and having no control over what you do -.-... ^ If I lived on my own I probably would do what you said and I probably would of gave you half the money but thats not the case haha. Any other suggestions? Any new tech out or anything that seems worth getting?

Don't be a consumer whore!

Get something quality and worth your while. Don't go chasing the latest gadget.

Don't be a consumer whore!

Get something quality and worth your while. Don't go chasing the latest gadget.

This is why I support Qonfused's idea. Go for the child. With any luck, you'll get a girl and then in 18 years she can get you another child... and that one will be grand, I tell you.

Don't get an iPhone anyways. Get the HTC Incredible and drop AT&T because they're evil corporate assholes and whatever.

Or get something actually useful or worthwhile, like Vegeta said. For instance, pre-order the DVD set of the new Futurama season.

AT&T is perfectly fine... I never have dropped calls and what not nor does my dad or sister get dropped calls on their Iphones really. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards a new GFX card and getting Starcraft 2 but can't decide :/.

Get head. Seriously, best present a guy can get.

Just don't get it from your mom or it'll be awkward.

get some retro gaming system, or start a collection. I never ask for anything rare on my bday and I think I may start because my gaming collection is bigger and bigger. Never trade a game in unless its absolute shit. Ask for copies of ICO on PS2, Lunar on PS1, FFVII on PS1, these are games that will make you a fortune in the future.

I strongly suggest that you get an iPhone 4.

You whould. Lame.

Also,
Get something? How bout the gift of mother ****ing life? Or do you feel like you have had enough?

Yeah that's a good gift. I'm only sad no one bought me anything.

Just get a cake. Cake is always good. And a woman. They're ok too.

iPhone 4.

Or a track day if you can afford it. £350 gets you a ride in Ferraris, Lambos, Aston Martins for 2 or 3 racing laps, then you get taught how to race and end up doing 3-5 laps yourself in a souped-up road-car (usually a Honda Civic or Ford Focus).

Seriously awesome fun.

Theres off-road versions too.

Sell the phone, and give the money to charity for people who don't have enough to eat. I accept pay pal.

If I do go for an Iphone it will most likely be the 3gs because a while back my dad said he would get me one but he said he would end up giving me his 3gs and getting himself the Iphone 4.

If I do go for an Iphone it will most likely be the 3gs because a while back my dad said he would get me one but he said he would end up giving me his 3gs and getting himself the Iphone 4.

Did you even read what I said earlier? Getting your dad's iPhone 3GS can be the same as getting an iPhone 4.

Did you even read what I said earlier? Getting your dad's iPhone 3GS can be the same as getting an iPhone 4.

:LOL: Did you read what I said earlier too? My dad wouldn't let me sell the Iphone on craigslist..

:LOL: Did you read what I said earlier too? My dad wouldn't let me sell the Iphone on craigslist..

Are you referring to:

Haha the wonders of be a teenager and having no control over what you do -.-... ^ If I lived on my own I probably would do what you said and I probably would of gave you half the money but thats not the case haha. Any other suggestions? Any new tech out or anything that seems worth getting?

Where does it say your dad wouldn't let you sell it?

How about you sell me the phone for $200, and I'll craigslist it.

This is getting weird for me.

I'm gonna put my clothes back on.

Can anyone tell me which one is better? I

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127510
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125333

I would also like to know whats a good but cheap psu that would work with it. I currently have a Dell XPS 420 with a 425 watt psu which won't do.

I also talked to my dad when he came home and he first said no you should get a new computer instead I was happy then he said well your going to college next year so I'll give you one of my laptops which is a year old (it's a dell but it's pretty good). I still will probably be able to get a new graphics card but I'll have to wait a week until hes back, so I have until then to decide what I want for my birthday :bounce:.

I would tell you which is better if you didn't mess up the links!

Corsair 400w is the best economic PSU.

Well the MSI has slightly higher clocks.

I can't say anything as to which brand makes a more solid card though.

Don't I need a new PSU to run the gtx 460 though considering it's minimum is 450 watts and I have 425 watts. Hmm about the 2 cards, which do you think would run cooler and quieter if you were to guess?

your going to college next year
Haha seriously?

I've been reading all of your posts in the voice of an overexcited twelve year old. I don't remember if I even wanted anything for my 17th...

Yep :). Well that might be just you than :bounce:. But yes your right about that kind of. I just like having people opinions and thats how my personality is. I will constantly ask and ask and so forth.

Back