Black Mesa Update News

I've still got my fingers crossed ;) good luck fellas

Fantastics work, Black Mesa team again proved pure talent! I'm impressed by your talent, endurance and professionalism.
But now I should mention some few points what I can't stand. ;)

- In We've Got Hostiles I miss trap with wett floor and elevator shaft, also flowerpots in military storage area looks truly curious
- I want more yellow caution lines, everywhere
- Lambda core is superb but these lights wired with cabels in hi-tech sector looks weird

I hope someone form BM team will read this...

Fantastics work, Black Mesa team again proved pure talent! I'm impressed by your talent, endurance and professionalism.
But now I should mention some few points what I can't stand. ;)

- In We've Got Hostiles I miss trap with wett floor and elevator shaft, also flowerpots in military storage area looks truly curious
- I want more yellow caution lines, everywhere
- Lambda core is superb but these lights wired with cabels in hi-tech sector looks weird

I hope someone form BM team will read this...
Noo it's a old missile silo, they build it, and when there finished they hang the lights in there with sticky tape and old wires.. I said the same thing. Still it looks great.

Is it just me that thinks Lambda core's lighting is totaly wrong?

I was never under the impression that this was a military storage area, just the military were using it as one. It's also next to two offices I have placed there, so it's in an almost administrative area. Which would make it a normalish site.

Is it just me that thinks Lambda core's lighting is totaly wrong?
These sort of comments are going to happen endlessly from half-life 1 fanboys. Fanboys will probably end up hating anything that touches their favourite game.

They can be likened to the special star wars editions. Greedo does not shoot first for ****sake George Lucas you handicapped asshole.

As much as I like the work we've seen, I bet they're only a little over 25% done by now. Still, with the HL2 Episodes releasing as they do, it wouldn't surprise me if BM comes out a half year or so after Episode 3. Now that could be a treat and a half for Half-Life fans.

These sort of comments are going to happen endlessly from half-life 1 fanboys. Fanboys will probably end up hating anything that touches their favourite game.

They can be likened to the special star wars editions. Greedo does not shoot first for ****sake George Lucas you handicapped asshole.

Or... perhaps he just doesn't like the lighting? You are way too angry. Calm down.

Annnyway. This looks awesome; loving the zombie model. :D Too bad I won't be able to play this. I look forward to what the Tentacle is going to look like.

What the hell is wrong with you? I love everything else the team have done you dumbass, I just happen to think that those shots should have dingier lighting and not look so clean.. my opinion has nothing to do with what I think of the original game you incoherent retard.

- In We've Got Hostiles I miss trap with wett floor and elevator shaft
Quoted for Ultimate Truth.

I love the zombie models. Lambda core lighting is fine, IMO. Glock looks a little...flat.

Other than all that, gg BM team! :thumbs:

If you would charge 60 bucks for this, I'd buy it five times.

If we're lucky, a late 2007 release could be possible. But with such a huge project like this a 2008 release is much more likely.

One word, the Forgotten Hope 2 mod, for BF2; it's a mod that strives on quality rather than quantity. It releases it's mod until everything is perfect.

What the hell is wrong with you? I love everything else the team have done you dumbass, I just happen to think that those shots should have dingier lighting and not look so clean.. my opinion has nothing to do with what I think of the original game you incoherent retard.
The point remains.

Half-life1 fanboys will end up slaying this game on forums, because the experience will be so different. This barrel is a different colour, this corner of a wall is shaped incorrectly, this scientists moustache is oddly shaped. ETC.

Drop the flames.

I like this newest stuff, but I agree with Samon that the opening tram bit just doesn't fit. It looks like something from an entirely different game, instead of an upgrade or elaboration on the original.

I gave up on looking at it as an upgrade, its more of a re-creation.

Shh, I'm being diplomatic. :p

Still, it is looking reasonably true to form in much of those scenes, which is why the tram bit is so jarring.
Or maybe the tram scene is making everything else look more accurate than it is by comparison?

Other knitpicks are that the zombie's uniform could use a bit less grey.

Shh, I'm being diplomatic. :p

Still, it is looking reasonably true to form in much of those scenes, which is why the tram bit is so jarring.
Or maybe the tram scene is making everything else look more accurate than it is by comparison?

Other knitpicks are that the zombie's uniform could use a bit less grey.

I think the tram bit is looking a little bit too shiney and high tech. I always thought of it as more gloomy.

Thanks again for the comments, we'll try work them into the mod :)

Easier said than done to make a perfect remake that everyone is happy with, as we have found out. We want something fun and visually appealing (which is what gamers tend to go with these days, bah!) that will actually have playability.

Patches for HL:Source can always be made for those who want a true upgrade.

I think Black Mesa Inbound looks awesome. Yes, everything looks much more advanced, but I don't see this as a bad thing. It just looks awesome.

I'm with TheAntipop. In a lot of places BMRF looks a lot shinier here than it does in HL, but that's fine because if you treat the two as the same thing, then you'll always be able to find something wrong.

EDIT: One thing I meant to ask - why is there an MP5 and an M4?

EDIT: One thing I meant to ask - why is there an MP5 and an M4?
So people cam choose which to use, based on whether they prefered the original HL versions or the model-pack replacement for Blue Shift. There was enough division over which was the "correct" model to justify making two models and shutting both sides up.

Oh now, M4 all the way, looked so much better with the High-Def and the feel will be much better than the MP5 for me too :D

Nah, I'm old-skool :)
Except the beretta was much better than the glock. I do hope they change the glock model for BM because it looks, frankly, rubbish. Not to a beretta (I'm old-skool), but just a bit more interesting.

Nah, I'm old-skool :)
Except the beretta was much better than the glock. I do hope they change the glock model for BM because it looks, frankly, rubbish. Not to a beretta (I'm old-skool), but just a bit more interesting.

Oooh, old-skool stylee :O

Yea the Glock is looking a bit so-so at the moment i must say :hmph:

I'm looking at it as blasphemy!
Joking :p
But I stopped being exited about this mod a good while ago.

I think Black Mesa Inbound looks awesome. Yes, everything looks much more advanced, but I don't see this as a bad thing. It just looks awesome.

Still feel though that the whole intro tram sequence was meant to be gloomy, because it sets the tone of menace rather than, say, "This is high-tech generic lab #21514123 and you're about to have a FANTASTIC day at work!"

Instead, you've got machines dripping sparks, gloomy, dull concrete rooms, and vats of misc. liquids. Mmmmm... atmospheric.

I don't mind the complete overhaul of Black Mesa Inbound at all. That entire chapter is basically all eye candy. It gives the player a snippet of just how big and complicated Black Mesa really is. The player is left in a state of wonder and amazemant at this seemingly endless complex.

I like what the Black Mesa team is doing with this chapter. If they had just remade each section piece by piece I don't think Black Mesa Inbound would have had the same resonance it was meant to. If there was ever a chapter where the BM team were allowed the most artistic freedom, this would be it. By making the tram ride completely new and refreshing, hopefully fans of Half-Life will feel the same sense of awe that they had the first time they experienced Half-Life for the first time.

Well, I've never been interested in the first place really...just doesn't catch my eye. But then, I'm don't really like HL1 enough to actually want some form of upgrade so I can play it again.

lol@rimfire getting fired though.

Still feel though that the whole intro tram sequence was meant to be gloomy, because it sets the tone of menace rather than, say, "This is high-tech generic lab #21514123 and you're about to have a FANTASTIC day at work!"
BM's inbound looks gloomy to me, and if it didn't, we've seen about 2 chambers of the entire train ride anyway, so it is surely too early to say that we won't see the run-down effect of other sections of the transit system. The BM team seem to have been quite effective at giving later chapters a suitably run-down feel, so I see no reason not to expect similar sights along the way in Inbound.
In all honesty Samon, you go quite a way to tell us you don't care.
Watch it Samon, Orcone knows far too much about you! ^^

Sorry to bump this thread but I had to get this off my chest,

You guys are most likely right about it taking probably till 2008 to finish this, because this is only 50% done; they probably have only done most of the Black Mesa research facility, they still have to do Xen & then you have to create an model/skin/code for that Nihilanth creature. There lots of work that need to be done & it is definately far from finished.

Back