BNP Lies on Housing Policies

gick

Reaction score
In the local council elections earlier in the year, my town, Redditch, gained its first ever BNP councillor. He won his ward by around 13 votes, unseating a Labour councillor who had served on the council for more than 30 years.

Now it has emerged that he bullshitted his way to victory. The leaflets he distributed claimed such things as 'the local council give asylum seekers priority for local housing', 'council money is concentrated on ethnic minorities', yadda yadda yadda. No evidence has been provided to support these claims.

Here is the full story from my local paper:

Minorities 'favoured' claim is rubbished
by Lianne Cooper 11 August 2006

THE LEADER of Redditch Borough Council has set the record straight over statements made by the BNP party during the build up to this year's local election.

During a full council meeting on Monday (August 7) ex-councillor Albert Wharrad, who lost his Winyates ward seat to BNP candidate David Enderby in May's election, called upon council leader Phil Mould to comment on claims made in leaflets distributed by the BNP during their election campaign.

The leaflets claimed asylum seekers were being housed in the town before Redditch families and council tax raised and used by the borough council was being concentrated in ethnic areas.

Mr Mould said there was no truth in either statement and it was not the responsibility of the council to house asylum seekers.

"I think these leaflets were printed by the BNP nationally and have no relevance to Redditch whatsoever," he said.
"The wards in Redditch are not strongly segregated and council tax money is spent all across the town - if an area is in need regardless of the ethnic background of who lives there, we will look into spending money on the area.
"I don't know how the minds of the BNP work, but it seems to me the statements were a ploy to get votes."

Out of the 459 housing applications granted by the council in the last tax year, five per cent were from black and ethnic minorities and Eastern Europeans.
No applications were made by asylum seekers.

Mr Wharrad added: "I have been in politics for 48 years and don't believe in persuading people to vote for a particular candidate or party by telling untruths and had the BNP taken a bit of time to research these points they would have known these statements were false.
"I don't believe in telling lies and I think it is disgraceful what they did."

However, Mr Enderby said: "Before the election we spent a lot of time collecting information in the local area from newcomers to the country that totally contradicts statements made by the council.
"The strangest thing was that probably 80 to 90 per cent of all newcomers told us they were able to acquire British passports on demand which would entitle them to anything a British citizen would be."

Source

The reason I posted what is a local political issue is that I believe it has wider implications. The BNP have been using this sort of tactic (namely making baseless claims appealing to people's most basic prejudices) all across the country. I remember there was a special report on the front page of the Independent on this a while ago (looking for link now). As yet, the BNP has not produced one bit of evidence to support its claims that preferencial treatment has been given to asylum seekers and ethnic minorities.

It goes to show that their electoral success has been based on lies and falsehoods. The bastards.

Also, the councillor in question has just been charged with assault on his mother-in-law. The bastard.

the leaflets he distributed claimed such things as 'the local council give asylum seekers priority for local housing', 'council money is concentrated on ethnic minorities', yadda yadda yadda. No evidence has been provided to support these claims.

But they do, there was a documentary on BBC1 2 weeks ago and showed how imigrants came into our country, was giving a house & furniture, & claimed benefits for free, for a whole years whilst the goverment in this time was still deciding whether they can stay in Britain or not, They were eventually after 15 Months told they could not stay in Britain (cheers Tony) just wasted shitloads of MY wage on them.

Our TAX doesnt pay for our health, schools, community building it pays so imigrants can come here & sit on their asses whilst we work our hard days, for what? NOTHING!

I'll have to find this program cos i have a feeling you wont believe me.

Maybe someone saw it?

But they do

Not in my town they didnt:

Official council stats said:
Out of the 459 housing applications granted by the council in the last tax year, five per cent were from black and ethnic minorities and Eastern Europeans.
No applications were made by asylum seekers.

To which the BNP guy replied:

However, Mr Enderby said: "Before the election we spent a lot of time collecting information in the local area from newcomers to the country that totally contradicts statements made by the council.
"The strangest thing was that probably 80 to 90 per cent of all newcomers told us they were able to acquire British passports on demand which would entitle them to anything a British citizen would be."

Without providing a single shred of evidence to support his claims

So you are against them? I presume u did vote for them tho didnt you?

Over the last few days three items appeared , tucked away in various newspapers. One referred to a report which suggested that 1 in 10 of UK inhabitants were not born here. Another stated that ethnic birthrates were fifteen times greater than that of the European white races. The third reported Colonel Gadaffi of Libya who told Al Jazeera tv station that "We have 50 million Muslims in the EU already . There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords , without guns , without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within three decades. "

Time is shorter than even we realise. Only BNP policies , applied fearlessly , can avert this disaster which threatens to overtake Britain and Europe. Forget the economy, health, education, crime etc. Immigration , demography and safe borders are all that really matter.

If we dont take serious action soon then , as our immigrant infiltrators claim , " the black flag if Islam will fly over 10 Downing Street . " If that doesnt frighten the hell out of our people and wake them up then surely nothing will.

Over the last few days three items appeared , tucked away in various newspapers. One referred to a report which suggested that 1 in 10 of UK inhabitants were not born here.

Irrelevant

Another stated that ethnic birthrates were fifteen times greater than that of the European white races.

Evidence? Sources? Backup?

The third reported Colonel Gadaffi of Libya who told Al Jazeera tv station that "We have 50 million Muslims in the EU already . There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords , without guns , without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within three decades. "

HOLY SHIT A CRAZY ASS MIDDLE EASTERN DICTATOR SEZ THAT ARABS WILL RUN DOWNING STREET IT MUST BE TRUE!!!ONE!!1 OH NOES D:

Oh, and BTW, before Mechagodzilla, Stern etc appear to tear you a new a-hole, I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Logical Fallacy Thread

Irrelevant

Evidence? Sources? Backup?

HOLY SHIT A CRAZY ASS MIDDLE EASTERN DICTATOR SEZ THAT ARABS WILL RUN DOWNING STREET IT MUST BE TRUE!!!ONE!!1 OH NOES D:

Oh, and BTW, before Mechagodzilla, Stern etc appear to tear you a new a-hole, I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Logical Fallacy Thread

Well we always have to do what they say dont we or is offends them..why r they telling us to change our British government policy. Its not their friggin country, if they demand this type of content & TB goes with it, they will soon get everything they want. We need to stand together & get them out, cos terrorism will not go away otherwise.

Also why is it when the Cartoon of the prophet mohammed were shown around the world, the muslims got really upset & starting shouting abusive slogans, & building buildings, even the British flag (why are we been pblamed) we helped them into our country & they thrown it back in our faces.

So why is it when something like this happens to them they all stick together, but as soon as we uncover a terrorist plat NO-1 in the muslim community steps forward & says i think i know who could be involved, they saty silent & tell the media he was a good lad, worked hard, etc etc.

It needs to stop, if they want terrorism to stop they need to target the issue withing themselves, if they fail to do this, they can fuk off out our country.

yadda-yadda

Also why is it when the Cartoon of the prophet mohammed were shown around the world, the muslims got really upset & starting shouting abusive slogans, & building buildings, even the British flag (why are we been pblamed)

yadda-yadda

meanwhile somewhere in the middle east .....

"We'll show you westerners, <shakes fist at west> KEEP BUILDING MEN! we'll build a building so high that America is sure to notice!!! that'll learn them, praise be god! HiZBOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAHHHHHHHH"

LOL u see im now a racist for defending my own fking country, jeesus fking christ goto hell u sad sadistic pricks.

We cant say anything these days cos its 'racist; well fuk the fking laws & shit the goverments imply, whats the point one rule for them, one for us. bastards

ur all brainwashed, do-gooders. Keep out of my business.

and you, my good Saketi, are a rascist shitbag.

You dont make sense, i said that TB is a liar & u call be racist. I say racist is when u have muslims living in your country whom spit & burn the brittish flag & shout & write slogans about the british ppl & also congratulate the 7/7 & 9/11 bombers. THAT IS BEING RACIST PAL

If there wasnt any of you do-gooders out there & none of this stupid human rights law there would be no racism involved.

Do us all a favour & get sum background info b4 u go point the damn finger, cos if u was here i'd bloody snap it off.

Varg|Hund

Your a stuck up yer own ass student.

I cant be that racist if BNP is a political party..

http://www.bnp.org.uk/

Well we always have to do what they say dont we or is offends them..why r they telling us to change our British government policy. Its not their friggin country, if they demand this type of content & TB goes with it, they will soon get everything they want. We need to stand together & get them out, cos terrorism will not go away otherwise.

Could you clarify exactly who you mean by 'they'? It seems to me you are saying immigrant = islamic terrorist.

Also why is it when the Cartoon of the prophet mohammed were shown around the world, the muslims got really upset & starting shouting abusive slogans, & building buildings, even the British flag (why are we been pblamed) we helped them into our country & they thrown it back in our faces.

That makes very little sense. What are you trying to say?

So why is it when something like this happens to them they all stick together, but as soon as we uncover a terrorist plat NO-1 in the muslim community steps forward & says i think i know who could be involved, they saty silent & tell the media he was a good lad, worked hard, etc etc.

How do you know nobody stepped forward? Has it ever crossed your mind that an informant may even be the reason this latest plot was uncovered? Also, what makes you think that anyone in the community would know what was going on? Did you ever think that maybe the terrorists kept it secret from the rest of the community because they would get turned in by the moderate, law abiding Muslims?

Besides, we are digressing. My point in this thread is to say that the BNP are lying to people for electoral gain. If you believe their claims that councils are giving 'asylum seekers' preferential treatment then back it up with some evidence.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEARN TO SPELL

Edit for Saketi's 10.17pm post:

LOL u see im now a racist for defending my own fking country, jeesus fking christ goto hell u sad sadistic pricks.

You werent defending your country, you were attacking somebody. Exactly who I cant tell (you use of language is pretty atrocious frankly), although I think it is Muslims.

You dont make sense, i said that TB is a liar & u call be racist. I say racist is when u have muslims living in your country whom spit & burn the brittish flag & shout & write slogans about the british ppl & also congratulate the 7/7 & 9/11 bombers. THAT IS BEING RACIST PAL

If there wasnt any of you do-gooders out there & none of this stupid human rights law there would be no racism involved.

I cant make head nor tail of that.

Let me get this straight - you cant be racist, because the BNP is a political party?

What?

What a strange argument....you do remember that Nazism was the ideology of a certain political party in Germany, don't you? But it's ok, they were a political party!

And as for the BNP being a political party; they are more like a group of ignorant, racist thugs who through some weird quirk turn up on voting ballots and acquire the votes of retards.

Saketi, believe what I say or not. What you say can certainly be considered rascist + asylum seekers have the right to claim money whilst waiting to be judged. Whats the point of getting a job when you may be kicked out a few weeks later?

I do declare that I do not like Saketi. Not at all.

We cant say anything these days cos its 'racist; well fuk the fking laws & shit the goverments imply, whats the point one rule for them, one for us. bastards

ur all brainwashed, do-gooders. Keep out of my business.

Do us all a favour & get sum background info b4 u go point the damn finger, cos if u was here i'd bloody snap it off.

Okay.
Grow the **** up.
Learn to spell.
Then use these message boards.

Saketi said:
get sum background info b4 u go point the damn finger, cos if u was here i'd bloody snap it off.

Man, will you look at the size of those Internet Balls? He'd snap it right off!

"Foreign people who wern't born here get the **** out and stop taking money" =/= racism

Just for the record Saketi, i'm unwilling to talk to you in this thread properly as you have failed to prove anything in the thread about Saddam's (Non-exisistant) WMD's, you have just proven yourself incapable of logical thought.

Quote from BBC Have Your Say Site

British foriegn policy is certainly unsound. Trying to enforce democracy on the middle east is a waste of money and lives.

However, we are dealing with fanatics that will only stop when the whole world is dominated by an Islamic caliphate and we all live under the barbarism and intolerance that is sharia law.

This war is inevitable, unavoidable and one that we must win.

Free Mercian, England

Recommended by 36 people

e cannot let foreign policy be determined solely by a need to reduce terrorist threats. If we change policy because of these plots then it encourages people with the opposing view to plot terrorist acts in order to reverse the policy again. Greater security will be achieved if the Muslim community in UK is alert and vigilant in weeding out hatred mongers in their midst like preachers who call for death to US, Isreal etc.

Venkat, Santa Clara, USA

Recommended by 15 people

Whatever your opinion of British foreign policy, it cannot be dictated by terrorists - that would be defeat for democracy. The electorate will deliver its verdict at the next election - as these muslim Labour MPs will discover when they become the opposition.

Nigel, Guildford

Recommended by 23 people

am sick and fed up with the everuone making excuses for the Muslim community not taking responsibility for their folks activities. if they have a problem with the foreign policy, we have a democracy vote this government out of office. Don't blow up innocent people. Do they not understand they are making it possible for the immoral and biggotted BMP to gain ground. The Asian Muslim community need to address this themsleves, as for the MP's who issued their statement about foreign policy creating this situation, they are excusing immoral behaviour. Do you see other relgious groups in UK acting the same way, no this is destroying my country.

marion balsdon, gosport

Recommended by 53 people

Why should Britain change it's foreign policy? That's just like saying, OK terrorists we'll do what you say. This open letter is just propoganda and rhetoric, from a community to scared to root out the rotten ones amongst them.

David, Essex

Recommended by 35 people

If we listen to these Muslim MPs and change our foreign policy to suit that of terrorists then the terrorists will have won and will then push for another demand. It is short sighted and naive to think other wise. Why do Muslims not care for there own kind? before we attacked Iraq and Afghanistan millions were suffering and it appeared nothing was said by them. When we are pro-active in going for the people guilty of terrorism and oppression we are ostricized for it, it makes no sense! I like many millions of others agree with our foreign policy that is why the government is still in governement, it's called democracy, if people don't like that then please move away!

Craig, Cambridge

Recommended by 12 people

Are all these people also Racist?

Note how many ppl on each inout has many peopl recommend it. There is 20+ pages of this on the BBC website, why not take a look.

It would appear most on this site this that the whole of Britain is now racist, lmao

I'd rather die than live under the government of the BNP, and I hope I'd go lengths to ensure that happened, too. And no, those people aren't racist. They're ignorant, stupid and arrogant. Foreign policy deals with things OUTSIDE this country, it is reasonable to say that we need to be less aggressive and supportive of Israel (regardless of your opinion on that, I personally agree with supporting Israel a lot of the time) without saying "ISLAM 4EVAR".

People like you are hilarious Saketi. You realise how many people were in the British Empire at it's peak? 500 millionish. It isn't a "flood". It's just part of Europe as a whole losing it's empire. Secondly, something like 1 in 10 people living in the UK weren't born there? Honestly, not surprising. Think about it. We're part of the EU. Tons of people come and go between EU nations for work and family. And yeah, non-European immigration. But that's only, what, 5.6 million? Not really that many, considering how many people come over here from EU nations.

Saketi: Back on topic - how can you justify the BNP openly lying for electoral gain?

I imagine he justifies it because it's necessary to defeat those terrible, terrible untermensch.

:stare:

I'd rather die than live under the government of the BNP, and I hope I'd go lengths to ensure that happened, too.

Pretty much!

The BNP are a joke. Only problem is they arnt funny. Hence, they serve no purpose. :(

I'm unlucky enough to be doing national polling to get me through the Summer and sadly Saketi's rather bigoted view is fairly prevelant across the nation.
I think this is all stemming from our good friends in the media, Labour's inability to have redefined how British politics could be run, and old fashioned racism.

It really depresses me so I can't be bothered to really get ranting about this, not all free-loaders are immigrants you know. Just because someone is of anglo-saxon origin does not make them incapable of free-loading, people just seem to notice immigrants who benefit from our social services more. Something about their appearance perhaps? The 'War on Terror' is not exactly helping xenophobia which also has an impact.

The BNP are a joke, if by some crazy series of events they got in, as unimaginably unlikely as it is, the nation would shut down.

Unfortunately despite all of this I do believe that we have a real problem with immigration. Namely that our government doesn't have a clue about to deal with it, how much of it there is, or its long term effects. If there could be some honest discussion about our role as a developed society with regards what can be done about housing immigrants, combating problems that encourage the emmigration which causes all of this, and the benefits of multi-cultural progressive societies then maybe people wouldn't be so terrified.

Pretty much!

The BNP are a joke. Only problem is they arnt funny. Hence, they serve no purpose. :(

Just like Tony Blair then, he is a joke & has done nothing for this country, the NHS is suffering from job losses everyweek, there in millions of £ in debt, schools are having to close cos no money/funding, hence he serves no purpose. Bring back Maggie!!

what the hell, isn't it in the BNP mandate that they're opposed to Asylum Seekers, they must have been pretty dumb to believe him on that.

I'm unlucky enough to be doing national polling to get me through the Summer and sadly Saketi's rather bigoted view is fairly prevelant across the nation.
I think this is all stemming from our good friends in the media, Labour's inability to have redefined how British politics could be run, and old fashioned racism.

It really depresses me so I can't be bothered to really get ranting about this, not all free-loaders are immigrants you know. Just because someone is of anglo-saxon origin does not make them incapable of free-loading, people just seem to notice immigrants who benefit from our social services more. Something about their appearance perhaps? The 'War on Terror' is not exactly helping xenophobia which also has an impact.

The BNP are a joke, if by some crazy series of events they got in, as unimaginably unlikely as it is, the nation would shut down.

Unfortunately despite all of this I do believe that we have a real problem with immigration. Namely that our government doesn't have a clue about to deal with it, how much of it there is, or its long term effects. If there could be some honest discussion about our role as a developed society with regards what can be done about housing immigrants, combating problems that encourage the emmigration which causes all of this, and the benefits of multi-cultural progressive societies then maybe people wouldn't be so terrified.

Attention Saketi - this is an example of an intelligent post. Notice the prescence of logic and reasoning, and a distinct lack of spelling and punctuation mistakes - there are also no 'straw man' arguments or other logical fallacies. You could learn from this.

Just like Tony Blair then, he is a joke & has done nothing for this country, the NHS is suffering from job losses everyweek, there in millions of £ in debt, schools are having to close cos no money/funding, hence he serves no purpose. Bring back Maggie!!

This thread isnt about Tony Blair. The subject of the thread is that the BNP have to resort to lies and half-truths to get votes.

I will ask you again - how can you justify the BNP doing this? Surely if they are telling the truth then they should be able to provide evidence?

Whoever said I supported tony blair?

And maggie? You are joking?

She served her purpose, but hell no.

You wouldnt really would you? I mean, sometimes I really cant tell with you Solaris.
Well, I'd imagine she'd be shot during the uprising yes. But I'd rather see her face trial.

Edit: Truthfully, I'd put her on trial for 'crimes against the working man' or something of the sort and then have her imprisoned.
The less shootings the better imo.

I'd have you shot in my revolution Solaris, so we're even.

Over the last few days three items appeared , tucked away in various newspapers. One referred to a report which suggested that 1 in 10 of UK inhabitants were not born here.
Did it mention emmigration even once? British emmigration rates are often higher than immigration, and when they are lower, they're not far off. And even with that figure, the proportion of 10% of the population really isn't that much.
So the usual claim that we're "swamped" and/or "overcrowded" is just silly.
Also, you make it sound like a threat - why is it a threatening statistic?
Besides which, so what if a lot of people living in Britain are not originally from Britain? The UK is and always has been a mongrel nation and a damn good thing too.

The third reported Colonel Gadaffi of Libya who told Al Jazeera tv station that "We have 50 million Muslims in the EU already . There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords , without guns , without conquests. The 50 million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within three decades. "
This would be the Colonel Gadaffi who is a theocratic dictator who's fairly bonkers in general, let alone when it comes to spouting rhetoric. Just because Gadaffi said "Islam will consume Europe" it does not mean that:
1. It's true.
2. It's likely.
3. It's worth listening to.
4. Other Muslims think that.

If Solaris said to Socialist Worker paper that numbers of communists were on the rise throughout the EU and that this heralded the coming revolution any day now, would you believe it?
Or are you just more inclined to be fearful of someone from a different race?

Time is shorter than even we realise. Only BNP policies , applied fearlessly , can avert this disaster which threatens to overtake Britain and Europe. Forget the economy, health, education, crime etc. Immigration , demography and safe borders are all that really matter.

If we dont take serious action soon then , as our immigrant infiltrators claim , " the black flag if Islam will fly over 10 Downing Street . " If that doesnt frighten the hell out of our people and wake them up then surely nothing will.
You are misinformed, you are a racist and you have been suckered in by the blatantly Hitlerian tactics and lies the BNP have been peddling these last few years.

Back