BoB no more :o

If anyone is intrested to see some really hardcore live PVP the finals of the alliance tournament is starting today! and will be broadcast on eve TV.

The sixth Alliance Tournament is now heating up to an explosive finale. This weekend, the finals will be broadcast LIVE via a webcast from 14:50 GMT until 21:00 GMT each day.

http://www.eve-online.com/evetv/tunein.asp

Should be really good but I will likely sound like a lot of woffle for a wile when they are talking about setups but you should get a good idea about how tactical pvp can be!

influence.png

That is show brutal, thats how much space these guys lost due to being screwed by the goons. Check down the left hand side. Poor guys.
Any updated versions of this map to see how the territory-grabbing is going?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57098

Some people might be intrested, they got ****ed really hard.:sniper:

You know, for all the drama, the stunning graphics, the great atmosphere to the game, the space pew pews and the plenty of fiction and fluff to it, I just couldn't play EvE beyond the trial.

As for this news, I love epic game drama like this to an extent.

Apparently BoB were rather chummy with the game dev's and also a bunch of berks, so its good to see them fall.

When is that expansion coming out that lets you land on planets and walk around and shit?

I've tried, and I can honestly not figure out what this thread is about at all.

So, this makes you guys want to play this game more?

Yeah, I can see how pouring 100s and 1000s of hours into a game then having some dickweed piss it all away for you would be fun. Unless you were on the other side of the conflict, I guess.
emot-10bux.gif

OMFG I just owned this guy! I was on auto-pilot to the nearest jump gate and I noticed a destroyed "Scorpion". I went through the cargo hold and found a whole bunch of crap belonging to a 3 month old player! I'm wanted now from the "3D Armored Cavalry Corp" for 15min but they can't find me in my space station! I got like tons of advanced stuff like Juggernaut torpedos, "Arbalest" Siege Missile Launcher (http://www.battleclinic.com/eve_online/item/i8117--Arbalest-Siege-Missile-Launcher-details.html), etc. Stormy you gotta contact me bro. This guy has to butt hurt. :D :bounce: All I had to do was get lucky and have a sharp eye.

Screw it. I'm going to download it.

I've tried, and I can honestly not figure out what this thread is about at all.

EVE online is a persistent MMO and after 6 years or so pretty much all of the game universe is controlled by certain long running and highly organised player led corporations (Clans for want of a better word, but with hundreds if not thousands of members). One high ranking individual became disgruntled with the older more established members of the corporation he was part of (they didn't give him enough love apparently), and pretty much undid everything all the membership had toiled innumerable hours/years to achieve by using his privileged access level to disband the clan and sell off a whole bunch of it's assets, before decamping to a rival corporation.

The clan the guy dismantled was called BoB and they were one the biggest and longest running corps, and were super serious. The Corporation the guy fled to was the Goons, who are basically an offshoot of somethingawful members and hate nothing more than (like) people who take the internet super seriously (though the irony of what they do escapes them). Basically one side want to play the game, and the other side only want to play the game to stop the other guys from playing the game, because the internet should not be taken seriously (yes it's that retarded a stance).

Shit like this is hilarious to watch, and it DOES make me want to play EVE a bit, but then I remember that I don't really like spreadsheets that much.

Basically one side want to play the game, and the other side only want to play the game to stop the other guys from playing the game
That sounds like the standoff between the Joker and Batman in The Dark Knight.

I wonder how many other organizations did a quick rank and file check of their own heads, as this vulnerability surely isn't specific to BoB.

That sounds like the standoff between the Joker and Batman in The Dark Knight.

I wonder how many other organizations did a quick rank and file check of their own heads, as this vulnerability surely isn't specific to BoB.

The developers will almost certainly introduce some safety measures to stop a further event like this happening, because 'epic' as some people see it, it's not a good advertisement for newer players ('play this game for years and loose everything overnight at someone elses whim'), and no doubt a few existing will have thrown in the towel over it happening.

They haven't lost everything though, nowhere near.

I see it as a good advertisement. It insures nobody is immune to the game. This game follows rules in life and I think the best corps would be people who run their own companies. Same thing with the economy right now. People took risks and lost it all. If I was to pick a corp and it's top members, I would pick people like CyberPitz, Glenn, etc. I know those people for many years but I think the best corp leaders are people you know in real life.

BoB will be back very quickly.

I haven't been following as to whether they have lost their name, but I know that they arn't just going to dissapear.
They have the more fanatical, well off and battle hardened players in EVE, this won't kill them off.

Hopefully it'll deflate their collective egos, though, because it's pretty much universally known BoB are a bunch of bastards.

They have reformed as KenZoku (RKZ) and have taken back most of their territory accoring to the maps. For now at least. Whether they have enough spare cyno jammers and other POS' to hold it is another matter.

I wonder how long it will take them to get back online, It may just end up being a miner set back. Even tho they lost 15 dreads around 30 billions worth, I'm sure they have plenty more to get them back on their feet.

To get the sovrenty level they had in the systems tho is going to take a good few months so they are going to be pretty vunrable over the next few months, people are going to attack them hard wile they try and get it together.

They have reformed as KenZoku (RKZ) and have taken back most of their territory accoring to the maps. For now at least. Whether they have enough spare cyno jammers and other POS' to hold it is another matter.

*shakes head*

As for taking back space, they shoulda been sports and joined around other alliances and corps. a game stagnates when all the best players stick together, this is why a godly game like World in Conflict is no longer on my computer because the team stacks just ruin it.

It may just end up being a miner set back.
icwydt.jpg

I'm actually not even sure if that was a joke or not, but I seem to recall the game involving lots of mining.

influence.png

Seems that the reformed bob are gaining their space back at a pretty decent rate, they have a nice big blue patch now!

Seems they have stood up from the big kick in the bollocks pretty quickly.

Shame, it would have been best if BoB had just faded away.

Now EvE will chug along with the same stalemates as before.

Guys, I'm giving up on Eve. ;( I'm quitting Eve because this game is just too buggy. I have to rescue these people in "Worlds Collide" mission but it won't let me open the cargo. Everybody complains about the noob missions not paying enough and they are really tough. My missiles do nothing in level 2 missions as well. It might be because of my skills but that shouldn't prevent you from playing the game, even with level 4 rank in heavy missiles. The game is also really laggy due to the server itself. *Also most of the missions are buggy. The dev's it seems really don't care much about missions or fixing them. These complaints have been going on for years it seems like. The game really is for veterans who have no lives or PVP. It's just people talking Eve jargon blowing up noobs. **For more info: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=302071 ***Oh and you have to do the same missions over and over as well.

That's odd hool, I never encountered a single buggy mission.

That's odd hool, I never encountered a single buggy mission.

The only buggy mission I have is the game crashing when I use the acceleration gate on it....I turned sound off and it worked like a charm. WTF?

Only mission bug I've ever seen is that the beacon for one specific level 2 always shows up on the overview for everyone in the system. People always pop in to say hi :)

Goons are ****ing morons in every game they play.

I subscribed today.

Look for me on there bitches via Steam.

Steam: Iced_Eagle

Post your character name eagle, i'll say hello when your online.

Seems that the reformed bob are gaining their space back at a pretty decent rate, they have a nice big blue patch now!

Seems they have stood up from the big kick in the bollocks pretty quickly.

Lack of understanding of Sov mechanics ftw!
:E

I know my character name is CyberPitz2. I just restarted this one, and it takes 10 hours to terminate a character...so I just tacked on a 2.

No real need to integrate with steam, it auto-updates and stuff anyways, launching from steam will give you the overlay, etc.

Back