Bye Bye Fast Food

I hate fast food, it usually gives me the shits

They say you should have 2500 calories a day, but I reckon that's based on a moderately active lifestyle. If you're like me and get virtually no exercise because you sit on your arse all day at work and absolutely nothing is walking distance, it's probably more like 1500 calories to maintain weight?

It's a shame Japanese food isn't easily accessible and cheap. So tasty, and so healthy too.

1800 calories probably, depends on your age, and you might lose weight if you eat under 1800, but you will look like a bulb (Won't get rid of fat, just muscle).

Biggest reason Japanese people are so healthy is because they eat balanced meals. Small portions of everything so they get their nutrients unlike us.

If you really want to be healthy, definately look into exercise, you'll feel great if you stick with it.

I very rarely eat fast food.

And I pretty much NEVER drink sodas or juices.

CptStern said:
anyways good luck dumping fast food, even though if you eat a balanced diet the occasional fastfood isnt bad for you

If you occasionally smoke crack it isn't bad for you.

If you're trying to make a point there Virus, I'm missing it.

Yeah... I don't get it either. Crack is not a good comparison for analogy at all.

Everyone's so quick to blame fast food on bad health.
Why is it I am able to eat relatively healthy food most of the time, while also sometimes enjoying fast food while staying relatively healthy? And I'd consider myself the epitome of laziness.

"Oh man I'm so unhealthy, it's all this shitty fast food I'm eating, nothing to do with my abominable lifestyle choices"

If I started being extra uber lazy and ate mostly fast food all the time I would definately put weight on and feel more lousy.

no one should eat fast food "regularly" it should be an occasional treat

Exactly, a lot of people think that fast food is actually harmful in some way. It must be full of mysterious toxins and dangerous chemical waste and shit!
A burger is just a ****ing burger! Some extra fatty low grade meat! Protein is ****ing protein, and fat is fat.
Shit, water can kill you if you drink too much.

Just that fast food fast-tracks the ingestion of a lot more crap?

Exactly, a lot of people think that fast food is actually harmful in some way. It must be full of mysterious toxins and dangerous chemical waste and shit!
A burger is just a ****ing burger! Some extra fatty low grade meat! Protein is ****ing protein, and fat is fat.
Shit, water can kill you if you drink too much.

You're right, its not as if there's a plethora of scientific evidence about the effects of diet on health or anything.

I'll eat my Mcdonalds if I want to.

I'm sick of people saying not to.

GO EAT YOUR SALADS, I WANT TO EAT CHICKEN NUGGETS.

Come on guys! Natural rights, etc etc!

soooooo.....what you're saying is fast food is a "gateway" food? lol

Holy shit! Inform the government! Fast food is now a class C drug, it causes harm and leads to even more harmful substance use!

/kneejerk

If you live off fast food, you will be unhealthy.... is it that fast food is downright harmful for human consumption? Or is it that some people are too stupid to realise that a nutritional diet consists of more than burgers?

That quote was a response to:
"No one should eat fast food "regularly" it should be an occasional treat"

you know what's funny? people here seem to be arguing but they're all agreeing with each other

Neptuneuk....even your response to me seemed hateful at first!

you know what's funny? people here seem to be arguing but they're all agreeing with each other

Neptuneuk....even your response to me seemed hateful at first!

I always appear agressive, even when I'm nice.
Like those sexual encounters I forced upon the opposite sex.
No one understands me. ):

FFS, can we all agree that it's OK to eat fast food in moderation. Like Neptune said...
Too much of anything can be harmful to your body.
One burger a week won't kill you. It doesn't have radioactive waste in it, damn it.

ya, the only time i have it is when im high. it just doesnt sit well with me anymore.

ya, the only time i have it is when im high. it just doesnt sit well with me anymore.

Totally this.
But I've switched to sandwiches these days, they can be tasty AND nutritious! And you can come up with all kinds of crazy combos.

Tip of the week: buy those bags of salad mix and throw them in all your sandwiches to bulk them out and then you can pretend they are healthy!

I get a stomach ache a quarter of the time when I eat fast food it seems. It's basically my body saying "dude, what the ****!?...take THAT!"

I've been losing weight and gaining the past year, some weeks I eat healthily and other weeks I live off fast foods, I just want to stop with the yo-yo weight loss, but I understand how it can be hard for people bigger than me to try and drop the weight, I struggle and im only about 175lbs :|

i forgot to mention part of the reason I'm done with fast food is because I went to wendys completely stoned and ordered 2 whoppers. I was owned by the girl taking my order.

"let's see, you have an empty McDonalds cup, you asked for whoppers, and you're at wendys".

facepalm...

you should've replied: "Just give me a goddamn sandwich woman!"

I don't really eat fast food to *searches for word* sate my hunger, but rather when I'm out with friends or something. I like the taste of it (with the exception of McDonald's).

*edit* I take back that first sentence when referring to Taco Bell. That's actually pretty filling.

I only eat fast food if I don't have time for anything else or if I'm broke (which both tend to be true quite often).

Everyone's so quick to blame fast food on bad health.
Why is it I am able to eat relatively healthy food most of the time, while also sometimes enjoying fast food while staying relatively healthy? And I'd consider myself the epitome of laziness.

"Oh man I'm so unhealthy, it's all this shitty fast food I'm eating, nothing to do with my abominable lifestyle choices"

If I started being extra uber lazy and ate mostly fast food all the time I would definately put weight on and feel more lousy.

The danger of fast food is just simply empty calories. High calorie count with not much nutritional value to count for (Some fat, protein, and carbs.. although the carbs are probably the worst part at fast food). That's it really.

Subway is healthy right? Or do they just tell people they're healthy?

It depends on how you define healthy. Subway deli meats are probably just as unhealthy as any other deli meats... with sodium nitrites and other shit.

The biggest unhealthy factor would be if you try to polish off their sandwiches in one go, and don't plan to make that a big part of your meal for the day because they have a shitload of calories.

Let's all eat dry bread and water. O wait, bread has carbs.... make that celery and water.

Some people speak of eating healthy and being healthy as some sort of religion that everyone must follow. I enjoy my fast food and booze. Sure, if I keep this up I'll die sooner than if I dont. but who the **** wants to live that long anyway?

Eating healthy is all about having a balance of everything, not about cutting out carbs or fat completely - you're bosy won't work without the proper amount of sodium or fat (fat does help with the immune system and such; sodium is an essential electrolyte).

I only eat fast food if I don't have time for anything else or if I'm broke (which both tend to be true quite often).

Same here. There was a time when I ate Wendy's for dinner quite a bit since I didn't have time to get anything else. Now I hardly ever go there except when it's 1 AM and I'm hungry and there's no place to go.

Some people speak of eating healthy and being healthy as some sort of religion that everyone must follow. I enjoy my fast food and booze. Sure, if I keep this up I'll die sooner than if I dont. but who the **** wants to live that long anyway?

It's about quality of life, and everyone is different, but generally I find if I touch fast food, or junk food I feel really down and shitty, where as if I have nutrient rich food steadily I feel really up and easy-going. Some people can go through piles of fast food and do just fine, but I can't.

Back