closed thread because moderator to lazy to read

esswok ¿

Reaction score
I have never seen such

this is how you treat a new member

I don't want to be part of your fourm

I have bought and played HL since 1998

STEAM HAS EVEN GIVEN ME COMPLIMENTRY COPIES

your super SUCK BALLS MODERATOR CLOSED MY THREAD because I do not want to buy today?

go begging in the street you whore

lmao

You're hilarious.

I have never seen such

yeah I come here to find an answer to a question and a suck balls lazy ask no reading moderator 2 of them close my thread because they think I need to buy more steam product?

how is it that someone can be a moderator and not even read and post coments like all the other morrons

relax, all you have to add this line to your shortcut:

your_half-life_folder/halflife.exe -32bit

yeah I come here to find an answer to a question and a suck balls lazy ask no reading moderator 2 of them close my thread because they think I need to buy more steam product?

how is it that someone can be a moderator and not even read and post coments like all the other morrons

You're a charming little angel aren't you?

Yeah I am a charming angel, politically correct and eloquent too.

I just joined and askes a simple question and the moderators say no buy no help

what kind of place is this I ask and then you feel that I should be nice?

thanks for the info

your_half-life_folder/halflife.exe -32bit

i'm pretty sure it's just some misunderstanding

Yeah it is missunderstanding but done by 2 moderators.

I am used to people answering a post without reading it. I even understand the fact that they want to help but do not have the time to read and just guess that they know what you are going to ask and assum that the answer is the same as the last post that they answered.

well my good friend google told me that reading is fundimental not optional.

Best troll I've seen in a while, I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Yeah it is missunderstanding but done by 2 moderators.

I am used to people answering a post without reading it. I even understand the fact that they want to help but do not have the time to read and just guess that they know what you are going to ask and assum that the answer is the same as the last post that they answered.

well my good friend google told me that reading is fundimental not optional.

Did your good friend google completely skip the parts about spelling, punctuation and grammar?

You won't find support for any non-Steam versions of Valve's games here. Simple as that.

No nomad not if you read my first post I was looking for an answer to a question.

the moderators simply guessed I wanted to instal maybe a hacked copy? (guessed).

When actualy I wanted to instal my original copy that I bought in 1998 on a new computer but running XP 64.

then they closed the thread without even reading it.

also ....going back and reading your past posts OP, downloading Steam doesn't require you to re-purchase HL to use it. So long as you have the CD key that came with it you can play it. Not that hard really...but no help for you beyond this seeing as a) you're being an asshat and b) ur engrish not so good

heh thanks for the welcome

I don't realy need much safty or protection I am not fragil.

I was looking for the answer to my question (about my instal trouble).

except today I am not buying any new Steam products. If you have access to the Steam records you could check my steam account you will see that steam has given me complimentry games and I have given them to others. no I do not need to buy more today thank you.

No no, you don't have to buy anything. In Steam you can enter the CD-key of your Half Life disc, and it will play your game just fine. But you need steam. Like I said in your other thread, I had this same problem.

Just enter the HL1 CD-key you already have into Steam to tie it to your account and get the latest Steam version of the game, which should solve your problems. You don't have to buy anything.

I do not need more steam

I had my original HL that I bought in 1998 working fine on my XP rig
I have a rig running win 7 with my steam account it is fine no problem.
I just built another rig yesterday it has XP 64bit I want to put HL original without steam.
please3 forgive me
I did not kniow that this is a steam only site I will not need any steam help, I do not have any issue or problem with my steam account, that rig work fine

So really, if all you want to do is play Half Life, there's no problem?

I'm not sure how to technically fix your initial problem, or even if there is a possible fix.

You can't just expect a game from 98 without new patches to continue to work on computers with new technology.

It's like you're complaining that your 8 inch black and white TV can't view HD channels. And we're telling you, dude, you need an HD TV. And you're like no no no, I want it on my old shitty TV, I don't want to buy a new TV. And then we tell you you can trade in your old TV for a new HD one without any cost, and you still, for reasons you have not disclosed, want to stick with your incompatible version.

This is what I'm not understanding. Put Steam on your new super-duper-Uber PC, use your original CD key that you still have to activate your original HL on Steam, which will then download the newest patch, and that's it - problem solved.

The fact that he says he has a Steam account that works fine just makes his resistance even more baffling. At least some use the argument that they aren't touching Steam because they think that if they do, Valve will steal all their money and eat their babies, but he doesn't seem to have that problem.

esswok, it's pretty obvious that what you have is compatibility problem, most likely from having a 64-bit system. Usually the best way to solve such a problem is to download the newest patch. You can get the newest patch for HL1 by registering on Steam and downloading it from there. Simple as that.

ARE YOU GUYS NOT READING THIS GOD DAMN THREAD?

STEAM IS GIVING HIM COMPLIMENTARY GAMES!

IT HAS BECOME SENTIENT! THE MACHINES ARE BECOMING SELF AWARE! DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE MACHINE APOCALYPSE?!!!

ARE YOU GUYS NOT READING THIS GOD DAMN THREAD?

STEAM IS GIVING HIM COMPLIMENTARY GAMES!

IT HAS BECOME SENTIENT! THE MACHINES ARE BECOMING SELF AWARE! DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE MACHINE APOCALYPSE?!!!

honestly

I have multiple PC's maybe that is what is not klear.
1 of my pc's has all of my games including my steam account and works great

I understand that you can not just run new rigs with an old OS it is alot of work. But does work when all of the correct drivers are installed.

XP only usses 128 meg of mem
Vista needs 512~1gig
xp can install and use 4 gig
xp 64 can install and use 8 gig

I have had HL original no steam running fine on my intel duo core E6420 with the OS XP 32 it worked very well.
I looked for a long time for the OS XP 64 bit
I just picked up a amd phenom 64 x4
yesterday I put it all together installed all the software and all works well except for hl.
I will retry to get a different patch

I do not need more steam

I want to put HL original without steam.

Not gonna happen.

I'm positive that if you actually tried spelling words correctly, and used correct grammar, then you would get lots of useful assistance from the members of this forum. Instead, you have done two things:

1. Been an ass to the people that are in charge of this site, which will get you nowhere, and...

2. Made a terrible attempt at communicating a problem that, at first glace, appears to be the result of something that this thread has nothing to do with (illegal copies of HL).

This miscommunication that caused this issue is your problem, not the moderators.

As for the problem itself... not gonna happen. You need Steam to play any ValvE Software game.

EDIT:

PS: This site, and it's moderators, are in no manner affiliated with ValvE Software, or Steam. It is independent. However, the moderats are strictly against the use of illegal copies of and ValvE games, and it did appear that that was your initial intention. All ValvE games run through Steam. It is Holy Law. Attempting to do otherwise is not going to go well with the moderators, as you have learned.

I am pretty sure this thread is going to be closed. Don't ask me why, it's just a random guess that popped up.

I was not an ass to the people in charge

they did not read my post and closed it

then it proceeded from their

PS: This site, and it's moderators, are in no manner affiliated with ValvE Software, or Steam. It is independent.

Actually, the site and admins are affiliated.

But like someone said, nobody here profits or gains anything from getting people to buy from Steam.

Let me try and clarify something to you esswok. Read carefully.

Half-life is a very old game now. Your version you have from 1998 doesn't require Steam. Correct. Also you should realise that it doesn't run well on new / very good computers. Why? Because it wasn't made for computers how they are today.

Your computer (the very good one) runs in 64 bit from what I can understand. Half-life probably won't work with this. In fact the STEAM version of Half-life doesn't work great with 64bit.

NOW, because the old one doesn't work great, people are saying "Get the Steam version!" Why...well because it has been patched many times since 1998 and works very well on new computers. You can even make Steam run it in 32bit when on a 64 bit OS.

You can put your CD key into Steam and install Half-life 1 in around 5 minutes, fully patched. It will work perfectly. Steam uses VERY little resources and there are millions of accounts worldwide. Get used to Steam, it is good.

Don't bother running Half-life without Steam, it isn't anywhere near as good. You will benefit MORE from using Steam.

Any other questions?

Glenn you must have never played HL1 back in 98, you'll never understand! :LOL:

I have steam running fine and love it, when I open my steam accoun it has many active working games

I have a second pc

that is the one I am working on.

I have 2 gamming pc's, it is the 2nd one that I am working on

their are reasons for no steam and HL does run well on new computer my intel Duo core E6420 had hl no steam working fine

XP does not suck it is great! vista is great! so is win 7 great. steam is great!

I will reinstall the program and try a new steam patch for the XP 64 bit if avalible. Last week I did not need it but maybe you are write this week is different.

I don't expect that you would be able to understand how many pc's I go through, I build them test them sell them get a new one. Now I just have a situation that I never came across before.
XP64 pro yes it is a old OS on a new pc but that is what makes it so fast.

Maybe I'm trying to figure out what you just said because all I heard was barking.

Back