Counter-Strike: Source Beta Pre-Loading Phase 2

trylle said:
Yay! Though, only 1.0 mb/s. :( I want it faster, even though I cannot play it till tomorrow! :D

Until wednesday, two days

Shuzer said:
Until wednesday, two days
But wednesday is tomorrow here! Pesky timezones. I guess I'll go have a look at the steam server stats page for entertainment meanwhile. ;)

Mine is steady at about 1.5 mps/sec..Its going pretty good I am already at 20% in 5 minutes

WOOHOO!! it's preloading.... So we wont be able to play till around this time on the 18th as well? i take it.

probably not till this time Wednesday, but for some reason I am still excited over this "preload"...its just the anticipation kickin in. Heck tomorrows HL2 for me is going to send me overboard :)

Shuzer said:
It's preloading! GOGOGOGOGO

OMGOMGOMG!! :D
hehe this is kinda nice.. i mean something finally happening instead of just screen shots and videos.. :cheers:

screen shot of preload

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 314
BringIt.Maximus mine just started :) I got one of your spots :)

garg said:
BringIt.Maximus mine just started :) I got one of your spots :)

Good I could barely hold it much longer then that. I am glad I got you in.

Oh, by the way, good luck, were all counting on you.

haha yea! carryin the torch :-D .. almost done too

Great job, maybe we'll find some more of valves stupidity in this one, MAYBE THEY PUT ALL OF HL2 IN, HAHAHAHAAHA.

I get to do it over 56k cause my dsl term ended last thursday, should be up in time to play with you boys.

Sup guys. preloaded to 58% now and seemed to stop. I guess we get the rest tommorow. I just purshased CS:CZ via steam bout 2 hours ago after noticing the price had dropped to $29.95. Just what i'd been waiting for just in time for CS:S. Looks like good things do happen to those that wait.

man that was easy - kudos to Steam

So I see that CS:S is pre-loading now for ATI/HL2 bundle people. CS is a game I tried maybe three times, then forgot about cause Q3, UT and Rocket Arena took over. The videos of the game look like a ton of fun.

I remember the unscratched HL2 key stuck to my 'fridge since November, when i chucked a Ti500 for a 9800XT @ CompUSA. Read the post about how to be careful removing the cover-up, actually try two different erasers, one sucks, one works fine. Fire up Steam, register the key, half-thinking it will have problems and more-than-likely not register me as a valid ATI/HL2 bundle person, but it does, and quickly. Then it begins the pre-load. If only everything PC game related was this easy :thumbs:

Looking forward to re-vistiting this whole Counter Strike phenom with upgraded, er, everything!

Me too - can't wait to play! Preloading only took me about one hour - now that icon is makin' me go crazy ;)

I think I need to check with my 1337 h4x0r

SKILL to crack this, but I doubt it.

ARR!! I cant pre-load it, the server is overloaded :O :frown:

I fu**ing god damn hate the fu**ing program steam!!

*Update

:D :D :D X9999 It is pre-loading now heh

I was just poking around in the gcf, the only interesting thing is that the counter strike font and all the weapon images (for the Bob [weapon] Bill things) are actualy normal truetype fonts and you can use them how you want :D

Strangy it wasnt encrypted, diddnt they say it would be encrypted?

It's going pretty fast, 53.5% in 30 minutes for me. and I was worried about bandwith :D

i have been playing on the internett a lot so im at 60% now.

I was waiting for ages for the download to start. Then I realised I had to click "download" I felt a little silly.. :rolleyes:

Now its all installed I have to see how it will perform on my p3 667 512mb

when will i be able too play it? tomorrow, today next year ?

4004345i3 0mg 1337 h4xx0r wtf!!ffs! I dont really know.

btw new design on the forums?

Seeing how Source is playable on Thursday

When its Midnight tonight will it be playable?

Back