Daddy Long Legs Galore! D:

Hmm I guess they were "havestman". I call them Daddy Long Legs though. :upstare:

Hmm I guess they were "havestman". I call them Daddy Long Legs though. :upstare:

Well there's two spider looking critters that are called daddy longlegs. One is actually a spider, the other is more related to scorpions and ticks.

800px-Opiliones_harvestman.jpg

vs the actual spider

Pholcus.jpg

If it was the former, he hasn't overcome his fear of spiders ;)

THIS THREAD IS ANOTHER NIGHTMARE...as if the other spider thread wasnt enough.

PS I notice all the spider pictures I found were from the University of Nebraska...go home state! :p

The top one. It was a clear tube full of "havestman" with a mesh at the front to prevent them from escaping. And he basically waited until one bit him.

See them all the time here. They don't really bother us.

I love Daddly Long Legs. Coolest Spider Ever.

pholcid.jpg

These and the large spiders are all eating up the Japanese beetles I hate so much. It doesnt mean I don't throw sticks into their webs and then set them on fire with lighters...
Sounds like a pron star name tbh btw...

We get those in the house sometimes. Some are really small be we had one about 5 inches long once :x

5 inches? pfffft thats nothing, try almost a ft long and still growing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg&search=centipede

I wonder if our natural aversion to spiders (well a lot of people) is due to instincts left over from days when our ancestors were mouse-sized marsupials, and had a chance of being eaten by a large ****ing spider.

no, its just because kids are always taught to be afraid of them, same with snakes and many other animals. I was never taught that and suprise, i have no fear of them today..

A Daddy Long Legs bravley jumped on me when I was having a shower yesterday. D:

Burn. DDT. Cynic. Battery Fluid. Awesome.

Cynic? What do you do, sarcastically comment on the situation of the world until the spider kills itself?

Pronounced "see-nik", it's a cleaner liquid that is extremely alkaline in base.

:LOL:

I don't mind Crane Fly's, they're easy as hell to catch and put outside. I hate normal fly's more. On another note I saw the biggest house spider ever yesterday, it was crawling up my wall. It was about the size of a 5 pound coin (for those who've seen one). Probably not the biggest spider in the grand scheme of things but still massive for a house spider. There's meant to be loads of Spiders around this summer too. Apparantly they had a really good season.

I was ironing my clothes one day, and I spotted a daddy longlegs sprinting across my shirt. I hate spiders, so I grabbed my iron and D:

For you spider lovers out there, this lovely creature dropped right in front of my face while playing some games in the dark. Enjoy.

spider2ln3.jpg

D:

Daddy Long Legs don't scare me at all, Crane flies on the other hand...

Harmful or not... I don't like spiders at all. Any any spider that comes into my house has just committed suicide.

Shit. They're back. Hundreds of the bastards. :(

I've only seen a few but I know that there will be more in the following weeks. D:

Yep. I was welcomed yesterday morning by a HUGE ugly spider on the ceiling.

D:

Year old thread :O

D:

Got a spider in both my wing-mirrors on my car :D

Well get a tube of deodorant, a lighter and... use your imagination:naughty:

emm...stuck the deodorant up your ass, and light a cigarette with the lighter? :LOL: i'm not gay :|

The worst part about them is how fast they run.

I believe they hold the speed record for all of spiders in the world.

But they do keep all the nasty bugs away and they keep away other spiders that might be harmful.

emm...stuck the deodorant up your ass, and light a cigarette with the lighter? :LOL: i'm not gay :|

:|:|

I meant using the tube together with the lighter and voila mini flamethrower, you sick bastard...

D:

Daddy Long Legs don't scare me at all, Crane flies on the other hand...
I was wondering what the Hell those things were called. The only name I hear people use for these things are "Mosquito Hawks".

Also, black widows everywhere in our storage area.

I usually call crane-flies daddy-long-legs, and I call the spider things harvestmen.
Although the spider things that I have here currently are not actually the same as harvestmen (just have the same kind of legs).

don't see many daddy long leg variants around here, but plenty of other types of bugs.

I believe they hold the speed record for all of spiders in the world.

nope, nope this guy does:

"They are fast on land compared to other invertebrates, the fastest can run perhaps 10 miles per hour (16 km/h), nearly half as fast as the fastest human sprinter."

Solfuga_CM.jpg

Back