Deus Ex Human Revolution

Unless the damn thing is a year old and it doesn't say *spoilers* in the thread title you should tag that shit.

Even if we granted that, surely one should expect the risk of spoilers when walking into a topic this long for a title that's been out for a fair bit now (IMO).

I personally steer clear of topics on recent releases once their page count is in the double digits for that reason.

Remember, Riomhaire is the guy who, with IRL friends watching over his shoulder, goes into our image dump and doesn't expect to be embarrassed by anything.

I have in the past looked at the dump with friends but I don't remember ever posting about being embarrassed by the contents due to this.

This is a really annoying and shitty habit from devs/pubs, I just saw the Tong's extra mission for $2.99 on Steam. So ****s who preordered ONLY from certain asshole retailers get it for free? I preordered it too ffs, why should I have to pay for this crap just because it wasn't from Lamestop? Seriously, screw them, and screw anyone else who does this.

World we live in I'm afraid.

But yeah, hate getting interested in some pre-order bonuses, which granted are rarely sweet in any way, then only to see ''Gamestop'' underneath it. US only then. ''Sweet''. There ARE other countries you know US devs.

Found a cool Half-Life reference/easter egg in an email on a couple of the computers in singapore
A reminder to all Omega Ranch personnel: Regular radiation and bio-hazard screenings are a requirement of continued employment in the Omega Ranch research facility. Missing a scheduled urinalysis or radiation check-up is grounds for immediate termination. If you feel you have been exposed to radioactive or other hazardous materials in the course of your duties, contact your radiation safety officer immediately. Work safe, work smart, your future depends on it -Omega Ranch Administration
Made me laugh. Sound familiar?

Yeah it was mentioned earlier in the thread. There's references to a few things in the game, Eidos had fun.

World we live in I'm afraid.

But yeah, hate getting interested in some pre-order bonuses, which granted are rarely sweet in any way, then only to see ''Gamestop'' underneath it. US only then. ''Sweet''. There ARE other countries you know US devs.
We have Gamestop in Ireland. Maybe they'll ship it over there :p

i finished this the other day, had a blast with it. as i said earlier, i was let down with the bosses and their simplicity and at the same time tough as nails approach to an open room with corridors and or pillars, but i think most of all i was let down by just how much i didn't care about the villians. who are these guys? why is it that every time adam enters a room to confront someone a big hulking guy in a suit always just happens to be lurking in the shadows? i mean, i know they're the guys who ****ed you up but outside of that i had zero connection with them at all.

on a similar note, the final boss fight was just as underwhelming and really quite irritating in it's technique. those poor people hooked up as nodes... is there a nicer way to put them out of their misery than pumping them full of shotgun rounds? i understand they have to go, but i wanted to put them down a little more subtle than that... just a simple silenced pistol round to the temple, but no, i had to go all out. did i miss something? i felt awful after that! oh, and the level before was such the perfect amazing environment... ruined by what seemed to be an attempt to get in a zombie corridor crawl setting in. i had no fun getting around those crazy guys, even less fun at being chased by them. seriously, the facility was amazing - loved the lift ride down to the core.

but all that aside, yeah, it was a good game. gonna put it down for a long time now and pick it back up on the hardest difficulty later on and play through it a little different. i did quite a few side quests, did a fair bit of exploration but i know i've missed out on stuff, so it'll be good to get back into it.

i was gunning for the pacifist achievement, but after what happened to the malik at the hands of the belltower guys, the next time i accidentally got into a fight i ended up dropping one of them with a pistol round to the head. **** those pawns.

Back