Diablo 3 announced

Blizzard are dumbasses. They went back to the tetris inventory because of fan pressure, and they should go back to the light radius.

I'm sure a lot of developers have changed parts of gameplay due to negative reception from the fans. Afterall, the fans are the ones buying the game.

I don't mind the tetris inventory. In fact, it's part of the game strategy. A ring does not take up as much space as a giant two handed bastard sword, even if the game was ridiculously unrealistic. One slot per item seems so dumbed down in my opinion, even if it were more convenient. Remember charms? Items that do not need to be equipped but offer a bonus advantage to the character should have a more complicated inventory system to go with it. I remember fixing up my inventory several times in order to have enough room to pick up new items and to fit all my +1 skills large charms.

The idea of a troupe of crafters who follow you around and advance by themselves is really neat, but I wonder how that's going to be represented in multiplayer...

Nothing is set in stone yet, we know how much gameplay changes with a company like Blizzard (who develops games in a very similar fashion to Valve, that is, quality above all).

They might be limiting each room to 4 players due to the difficulty as well as performance. Obviously, with 8 people in a room, the game might become too easy and cluster-****ed to be enjoyable.

4 players allow more loot chances per player, forces more cooperation between players (in D2, it's usually that one or two guy in the game who does pretty much all the killing) and will probably allow more enemies to be in the game on screen (any more players might reduce performance).

In D2, I remember how fast Baal runs were in Hell. When you have a full room, you get a person teleporting to the Baal room, then a cluster-**** of incredibly power heroes who does pretty much all the killing. The gameplay progresses too quickly, and makes you feel redundant.

I think Blizzard should let us decide how we want to play multiplayer, not be decided for us. Difficulty != Fun.

I agree in principle, but anything more than 4 players was always a cluster**** in my experience. That or it was just 2 parties of 4 going their seperate ways in the same world, or other divisions thereof.

That said, there's always other ways to handle things like loot distribution. Torchlight 2 is handling it nicely (in theory at least).

I would really like to own this. And get friends together to play it through.

Luckily it won't be out for a while so I have time to make friends.

I like the crafting system etc, but what puts me off a little bit is the salvaging. Now everyone will just pick up every single item (even the most crap ones) and fill up their inventory just for the sake of salvaging. No longer will you spend time deciding "hm, should i take this one or that one", now you will just take everything in sight.

Just speculating ofcourse.

I like the crafting system etc, but what puts me off a little bit is the salvaging. Now everyone will just pick up every single item (even the most crap ones) and fill up their inventory just for the sake of salvaging. No longer will you spend time deciding "hm, should i take this one or that one", now you will just take everything in sight.

In D2 at least I used to use the Gambling system constantly so I rarely left anything on the ground, even if it meant using four town portals.

That is a.....problem? How is it more of a problem than holding Alt, seeing it's a Rusty Short Sword and walking away? Personally, I like the Salvaging bit, no more shit just laying all over town because nobody wanted to take the time to sell the shit they accidentally picked up.

Also, take your phat lewt to kill monsters and enjoy rainbows.

I am guessing that the materials you get from salvaging will take up bag space as well. Couldn't really see that well enough in the video. But if it's the case you will still be juggling your bag slots.

So this will probably be 10x the price of Torchlight 2. How is it going to be superior?

I think salvaging crap is a great idea
it means you're always earning something; you're always working towards something better and not just spending all your time looking for elite loot

I think salvaging crap is a great idea
it means you're always earning something; you're always working towards something better and not just spending all your time looking for elite loot

Pendle runs ftw

Matt Uelmen is working for Runic now I think. I am quite sure he made the music for Torchlight.

I would really like to own this. And get friends together to play it through.

Luckily it won't be out for a while so I have time to make friends.

I'll be your friend Yorick.

In exchange for you giving me a free copy of Diablo 3, of course!

anybody know yet if Matt Uelmen is doing the SCORE?

Its such a shame he isnt working on D3. Watching this Torchlight 2 trailer reminds me so much of Diablo music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejqCZw4Mua4

EDIT:

Turns out Blizzard has been trolling us all along. Here is a screenshot on the REAL diablo3 they have been working on:

1282509468302.jpg

Wow extremely corny indeed. The class looks a bit like the Vanquisher in Torchlight. Interesting, especially if it has guns.

I like that its a ranged class, and is kinda what the Amazon was. But im not too happy about the guns, not sure if want.

Otherwise i love the new class, its what i expected. Lets just hope that she can use javelins etc :D

I like that its a ranged class, and is kinda what the Amazon was. But im not too happy about the guns, not sure if want.

Otherwise i love the new class, its what i expected. Lets just hope that she can use javelins etc :D

They're crossbows.

Yay, I've always wanted to play Sylvanas! :p

Nah but she looks pretty stylish. Was hoping they'd put another interesting twist on the archer class, and it seems to compliment the existing classes well since there's no real "shadow" class to speak of (unless you count the Witch Doctor's voodoo). Still have my eye on the sorcerer, though - their spells just look like way too much fun.

Yes but there are also guns, in the panel videos they also specifically mention guns once. Or maybe my mind was trippin balls.
She also hands what appears to be a flintlock pistol to the girl at the end (edit: wait nevermind it was just the handle of her crossbow).

Also, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxuadJGDMJA

That looks just like the WoW pvp tournament I saw from last year's Blizzcon videos. :dozey:
I'm not that impressed.

It looks almost exactly like WoW's arenas, honestly. I think the gameplay dynamic will work a bit better here though, more splosions and less pole surfing hopefully.

Blizz also say they want it to be more fun than competitive, so you use your loot from the campaign and the matchmaking system will (try to) pit you against evenly matched players. In any case it'll probably be easy to ignore, as I've always done with WoW's arenas.

Wrap-up of Blizzcon here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-blizzcon-wrap-up-new-diablo-class-cataclysm-preload-and-more/2665/

Also regarding that DOTA rebuild in SCII:

The oddest announcement of BlizzCon thus far is this one: Blizzard plans to release four brand new custom maps for SCII, all based on current games that Blizzard doesn't make. The names, which betray the influence, are as follows: Aiur Chef, Left 2 Die, StarJeweled, and Blizzard DOTA.
Aiur Chef? Am I missing something? Iron Chef maybe?

Hahaha that demon hunter vid was atrocious. Blizzard keep plumbing the depths of cheesiness.

Was listening to random panels at Blizzcon, apparently the Demon Hunter video was made in the SC2 engine. Weird tidbits.

Also - WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

Was listening to random panels at Blizzcon, apparently the Demon Hunter video was made in the SC2 engine. Weird tidbits.

That doesn't really surprise me. It had the same feel to it. It misses the awesomeness of 'real' CGI.

Honestly though, the class name is kind of atrocious. They should've just went with something equally cliched and traditional but less contrived, for example assassin or whatever. In my youth we had to walk at least 5 miles to the nearest healer, and back then classes had simple names like warrior, rogue and sorcerer. Demonhunter is lame guys!

Honestly though, the class name is kind of atrocious. They should've just went with something equally cliched and traditional but less contrived, for example assassin or whatever. In my youth we had to walk at least 5 miles to the nearest healer, and back then classes had simple names like warrior, rogue and sorcerer. Demonhunter is lame guys!

Stay a while, and listen!

I like how they subverted the "doomed acceptance" trope (I just made that up but you know what I mean).

"We're going to die here, aren't we?" :(

"Nope lol" :)

Now that I think about it.. that doesn't look macabre at all.

it looks like a small version of WoW.

I have a feeling this isn't going to be good :<

Back