Diablo 3 announced

If you had to moderate the Blizzard forums, you'd be bitter too. I know it's his duty to remain professional and everything, but there are certain limits to a person's constitution, and the WoW boards alone are enough to break that many times over.

Problem is, the post he was replying to was nowhere near the level of insults and bile thrown around on such forums, so his reaction was unwarranted.

I don't think he was that bad. The guy was making baseless claims the entire time, with a lot of bitching about things that didn't exist.

Problem is, the post he was replying to was nowhere near the level of insults and bile thrown around on such forums, so his reaction was unwarranted.

Straw that broke the camel's back, etc?

The OP was just a moron blowing air out of his ass. He doesn't know jack shit about D3's development, he's just a butthurt fanboy that's too stupid to recognize that he's not smarter than everyone else in the world like he obviously thinks he is.

Blizzard CEO and co-founder Mike Morhaime has announced that the highly anticipated RPG hack’n’slasher Diablo III will undergo an external beta test in the third quarter of 2011.

More

Progress!

Always great to read something like this.

As always we will not compromise the quality of the game in order to hit a window.

Cool video, the Templar looks pretty sick.

Also chilling music.

looks like they're making them somewhat useful this time around

That looks great.
The comments for that video are ****ing retarded, it looks like most of those people didn't even watch the video.

It's interesting that the Followers are only going to be around if you're playing by yourself. Apparently they're worried about excessive clutter. *Thinks back to the D2 days of multiple Necromancers with more than a dozen minions each*

Some things about this worry me. Things like, the Follower doesn't die, because Blizzard didn't want people to have to go all the way back to Town to resurrect them. So instead they just get knocked unconscious for 20 seconds.

Health potions also having a cooldown and being limited reminds me a lot of World of Warcraft. Though I guess you do get health back from things you kill. But still, as excited as I am for this game, I'm also a bit wary.

Those changes don't really bother me. Spamming potions was never a very compelling way to even out the challenge of difficult encounters, and the management involved with keeping potions stocked was always a nuisance to me. As long as the cooldown is reasonable, and they balance the damage accordingly, I'll be happy. Followers dying I could take or leave, but having them die to stupid mistakes in #2 was a bit of a disincentive to sink cash into them, so I can see why they'd do that. Maybe they could take another leaf from WoW's book and give follower death diminishing returns, so it took longer for them to rez each time if it happened in quick enough succession. Either way, ressing them in town was also a bit of a nuisance, so no big loss.

Idunno. The only thing that would really bug me at this stage is if they significantly tuned down the difficulty to make it more accessible, but I don't see Blizz doing something so counter to what their massive, vocal fanbase would actually want.

Putting faith in Blizzards capability in maintaining and restoring a difficulty level for franchise they own, isn't a good place to put it.

So long as they keep the console and PC teams separate, I don't care.

So that looks neat and everything but

wuqLQ.png

dear Blizzard: it's okay to make a mage set that isn't blue or purple once in your life. Honestly, nobody is going to die or anything. You can afford to break that convention once or twice without summoning Lucifer himself.

Yeah not a fan of the one-color sets. Looks like something out of Tron.

I mean I'm mostly joking but come on that looks like it was ripped straight out of WoW. It's basically Netherwind with some of those generic pointy cloth shoulders and pants.

Oh well, some of the other sets look pretty nice so hey.

Blizzard never really had that much of an imagination when it came to armour sets anyway. Wasn't going to expect much innovation in that degree, nor is it the reason why I wish to play. But in all honesty, Blizzard should take a design lesson from Capcom's Monster Hunter series.

really? no one cares about this?
well, beta keys are being churned out now, mostly to community leaders and people close to the dev team
good thing is, people who get a key are allowed to share everything with the world (STREAMS!)

really? no one cares about this?
well, beta keys are being churned out now, mostly to community leaders and people close to the dev team
good thing is, people who get a key are allowed to share everything with the world (STREAMS!)

It's still a F&F beta. I'll get giddy when everyone can get in. Plus I don't want to spoil too much by watching the streams.

EDIT I don't mind watching hi quality vids though.

Why does the monk have a Russian accent? Oh dear god why...

Man, I can finally see what people mean about the stylistic shift from Diablo 2. Like, I recognised it before, but I guess I didn't really acknowledge it? Can't say I really mind though, everything looks so damn sleek.

That definitely looks like Diablo to me.
I have to say, I had almost no interest in this game after hearing all that crap Blizzard was doing but these videos just restored my excitement and faith in them.

Well, I just hope that they don't royally **** the story in the ass like they did with SC2.

Always with the blue for mana. Where did that convention originate from anyway? Diablo?

Pretty much every game adopts it. Red for health, blue for mana, yellow for stamina.

Red is associated with blood and blue with magic. Yellow... well, it was the only primary colour left? Idunno. :v

The Wizard seems to be a tad OP.

EDIT Actually he is very over-leveled for this area apparently.

Well ya, there? is like 1h30min of gameplay available in beta and i played like 14 hours, lol. You would not normally be level 13 or have this much gear, clearly.

I'm not usually one for magic-wielding characters, but I have to say that the Wizard looks like alot of fun

Gosh, that beam attack looks and sounds remarkably like the Alchemist's beam attack from Torchlight. Seems just a boring and spammable, too.

Always with the blue for mana. Where did that convention originate from anyway? Diablo?

Pretty much every game adopts it. Red for health, blue for mana, yellow for stamina.
Certain things just catch on. Health bars are almost always red or green (or green decaying to red as you loose health) as a visual shorthand to easily identify them.

Back