Diablo 3 announced

Even those arches remind me of WoW, hell I bet the models are straight from WoW! I want my childhood diablo, the one that had this satanic feel to it.

Yeah bros stop with the pessimism. I THINK IT'S GONNA BE FINE.

Have you guys even played WoW? other than a fantasy setting it's nothing like it.

Game looks great.
Stop nitpicking, God, I thought you people were done with complaining about D3's art.

Those screenshots look amazing. I love the art style for D3. The environments are just stunning.

Oh god, a desert. Act 2 was my least favorite in D2. Please nooooo.

Funny thing. I don't think I hate any of the Acts. They're all... good.

Hey guys stop being pessimistic and gargle Blizzard jizz more.

I probably disliked act 2 just as much as act 3, act 3 was slightly worse because I got lost so often.

I hate act 2. The environment, the quests, the enemies, everything. At least when I got to act 3 it was like "Ohhh finally I'm out of that shit hole." But with act 2 its like, "**** THIS PLACE."

I really liked Act 2.

Act 3 was just a royal pain to navigate as a whole.

Hated all the backtracking in act 3 because you happened to go the wrong direction. Why would they think it was a good idea to intentionally insert pointless culdesacs into their map design (randomised as it was)? I did enjoy it a bit more than act 2 though, mostly because it was always a relief to finally be out of the desert.

Also Duriel. **** Duriel.

They added pointless routes because it's a jungle.

A shitty jungle.

Once you get out of the jungle Act3 is quite awesome. Act 2 always felt annoying for some reason. I think it was because of the enemies and the bad design of the 'dungeon' areas, like the arcane sanctum, palace prison, and the maggot lair.
Duriel was just the icing on the cake.
jennifer+v.ow.frosting.JPG

Act 3 usually consisted of getting the HP potion then getting someone to give you a TP to the durance of hate level 2 so you could skip everything else.

Shame if I buy anything from the US I get hit with a 20% VAT.

Act 2 sucked to play. Those beetles with the electric shock after you hit them always destroyed me whenever I got swarmed

seriously how the **** long does it take to make this game? it's been more than 10 years surely they had some idea they might be making a sequel 10 years ago. I cant handle blizzard's glacial pace of game releases. really I dont want to know until release day

"Ah, the great sculptor Petrus, how does the work of my statue go?"
"Lord Grateoudus, it is finally finished, here it is!"
"Very nice, i like it, keep working on it"
"but its already fini-"
"I said keep working on it"

and so Petrus worked on the finished sculpture of Grateoudus for many many years.

I blame Activision

Nah, i dont think they are behind it. Activisions logic is to release games as quickly as possible for a quick buck from the name only. Then release the same game a year later with a slightly modified name but with more bugs.

They do a good job though. When they actually release a new game instead of just expansions it's really a pretty massive step. I mean Warcraft 1 to Warcraft 2. Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3. It's really happened across all of their franchises. Starcraft to Starcraft 2 wasn't a big change in gameplay, but honestly when you have one of the best selling RTS games of all time that 10+ years later is still being actively played - it's hard to say "ok time for a massive changeup." I mean when you make games that hold active players in the numbers they have... you have to be doing something right. I'll always take quality over quantity even if it means I have to spend my lifetime waiting.

I think Diablo 3 will follow the same trend. Hopefully it doesn't get WoWitis and end up getting drilled into the ground by overpopularity... 20 years from now when the fifteenth WoW expansion comes out, they might actually stop producing game content. Maybe when the game population peaks when it rivals the population of Canada...

Honestly I'm still not sure I want to get Diablo 3. Blizz games are more and more being floating toward the realm of ultra gamers who devote 80 hours a week to playing. It's all great stuff but it involves time commitments I don't think I can follow. Yeah I can play Starcraft 2, but if I want to be successful I have to play at least five days a week otherwise I'll get steamrolled by a 12 year old with 450 APM. I could experience alll the end game content in WoW, but then I'd have to raid six days a week for five hours at a time. Diablo was never really like that, but I have a feeling that's what they're going to do with it.

They can keep right on working on the game if it means improvement. I have never anticipated a game as much as Diablo 3. It will be my go to game for probably the next 6 years at least, just like Diablo 2 has been. If there is one game I want polished to perfection before release, it's this one.

Honestly I'm still not sure I want to get Diablo 3. Blizz games are more and more being floating toward the realm of ultra gamers who devote 80 hours a week to playing. It's all great stuff but it involves time commitments I don't think I can follow.

Historically, Diablo has always been a series you can pick up whenever you feel like it and not feel left behind by everyone else. There will always be other players with characters at various levels that you can party up with. You don't need to climb the ladder unless you really care about the temporary notoriety. Also, it's not like there will be mass raiding like MMORPGs where you have to devote most of your time to stay useful. It will all be small scale dungeon crawling.

This is exactly why I want a Diablo 3. I work full time and I'm going back to school for my Master's degree. I need a game that I can play with friends on my own schedule, and not everyone else's.

That Blizzard guy sounds like an arse.

If you had to moderate the Blizzard forums, you'd be bitter too. I know it's his duty to remain professional and everything, but there are certain limits to a person's constitution, and the WoW boards alone are enough to break that many times over.

There's no way I could keep my cool like some of those GM's on the WoW forums, I'd lose the job in a week.

As for the time it's taking to make D3, I'm kind of OK with it, it's better than it being rushed I guess. At least we know they're working on it, as opposed to ****ing Episode 3.

Back