Diaries of Columbine murderers released

pg 93:
"I know I could get shot by a cop after only killing a single person, but hey guess the f*** WHAT! I chose to kill that one person so get over it! Its MY fault! not my parents, not my brothers, not my friends, not my favorite bands, not computer games, not the media, it is MINE! so shut the f*** up!"

...It's weird reading his stuff. Also weird how they put in their essays at the beginning with his teacher's comments on them. Lots of hatred and racism in it. It's really sad.

Reason why video games get blamed because of teens. Call them saints? No. I call them trouble makers, not peace makers.

If your neighbour is a teenager, be alert, perhaps he or she has a gun on the pocket to stalk you. I thank my God, that my neighbour isn't a teen.

Double_Blade said:
Although this article is old, I find this article useful because it educates us the dangers of teenagers. Two thumbs up for Ron Powers who is alert and careful.

And you're aligning yourself with that article? For the love of god,

Pi Mu Rho said:
Please - don't ever have children.

Double_Blade said:
Reason why video games get blamed because of teens. Call them saints? No. I call them trouble makers, not peace makers.

If your neighbour is a teenager, be alert, perhaps he or she has a gun on the pocket to stalk you. I thank my God, that my neighbour isn't a teen.

What the heck. Not every teenager is an insane murderer.... geez.

Also, that article you linked to is actually saying that teen violence has gone down and, well, "Today’s ephebiphobia is the latest installment of a history of bogus moral panics targeting unpopular subgroups to obscure an unsettling reality: Our worst social crisis is middle-Americans own misdirected fear."

Dan said:
It was probably a secret Nazi code during the war

"Red fox to badger, red fox to badger, the eagle has flown. I repeat, the eagle has flown."

"ub3r l33t3n, ja."

Double_Blade said:

Oh man, you are brainless.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/gamesnotviolence/

Read that.

Also, does anyone have the link to the article where the guy uses FBI and government statistics to show that crime rates for youngsters have actually been declining since the release of DooM? And where he shows that in 2004, crime had dropped by 40%, while GTA: San Andreas was the most sold game that year?

Beerdude26 said:
Also, does anyone have the link to the article where the guy uses FBI and government statistics to show that crime rates for youngsters have actually been declining since the release of DooM? And where he shows that in 2004, crime had dropped by 40%, while GTA: San Andreas was the most sold game that year?
i know what you're talking about i remember seeing it on digg amongst other places, i'm trying to find it too.

since i can't read it, could somebody just type it all up real fast in word in and PM it to me... :\

xcellerate said:
since i can't read it, could somebody just type it all up real fast in word in and PM it to me... :\

I'm really good at reading messy handwriting. How about you say which sections you want.... it's really long.

And it's weird... I know what he did was really terrible but I can't help but think maybe someone could've helped him or something. He was seeing a psychologist for anger issues...

Ennui said:
Raeven0, what's unsafe about keeping a diary?
Too great a chance that the diary in question would be stumbled upon and read.

Beerdude26 said:
Oh man, you are brainless.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/gamesnotviolence/

Read that.

Wow, you had to do a lot better than that to offend me.

Reason why games are in danger of extinction is because of teenagers. You are pretty ignorant and stubborn. I think you need to learn more life lessons and appreciate your life instead of letting yourself get killed by them.

Thanks to the teens out there, video games are now being targeted and were endangered. So sorry, games are only meant for adults. Children and teens should stay at home.

Ennui said:
page 427 is terrifying

Sheesh. that thing real? Frightening what goes on in these ****tards heads.

And then there's the talk about not blaming anyone but them... and the hijacking a plane to crash into NYC.

Those two aspects there make me think its doctored, but seeing as its probably not... ugh.

Double_Blade said:
Reason why video games get blamed because of teens.
Games are just something else politicians can demonise and use to scare parents into voting for them. Just like drugs, gays, racial minorities, terrorists etc. Looks like its worked pretty well on you, if the crazy stuff you say isnt all a joke.

RakuraiTenjin said:
It's mainly nazi-emo. "boohoo people are mean to me"
That's basically what it all boiled down to. They were unhappy, maligned and most importantly angry individuals with access to firearms. That's a potent combination.
Perhaps, possibly Doom contributed to this - although I don't see entirely how shooting the unrealistic pixelated sprites of Doom could desensitise one to the gore of a real-life killing.

There's a very good chance that that day could have been avoided if their oparents or tecahers had realised that those kids were imbalanced and tried to do something about it. Stop blaming games and do some f*cking parenting.
All that scape-goating makes me sick.

Their intelligence and propensity for violence was obviously more influenced by real life... history and the like. You don't develop those deep pondering thoughts about killing people from playing a game. They obviously chose to have put their intelligence to nefarious use... The games didn't put them up to it, or likely even drive them anywhere near it. Their problems and methods were much more attached to the real word, and not fictional ones.

Especially not ones about demons. :|

Double_Blade said:

No one's trying to offend you, champ, you just seem batshit insane to the majority of the HL2.net population.

Reason why games are in danger of extinction is because of teenagers.

Teenagers keep the videogames industry afloat.

You are pretty ignorant and stubborn.

The irony is delicious

I think you need to learn more life lessons and appreciate your life instead of letting yourself get killed by them.

Killed by who?

Raziaar said:
Especially not ones about demons. :|
Nonsense, Raziaar! Demons round by us are always causing problems. It's little-known fact that 56% of all pest control work is to do with demonic infestations.

el Chi said:
Nonsense, Raziaar! Demons round by us are always causing problems. It's little-known fact that 56% of all pest control work is to do with demonic infestations.

learn something new every day D:

Double_Blade said:

Reason why games are in danger of extinction is because of teenagers. You are pretty ignorant and stubborn. I think you need to learn more life lessons and appreciate your life instead of letting yourself get killed by them.

Thanks to the teens out there, video games are now being targeted and were endangered. So sorry, games are only meant for adults. Children and teens should stay at home.

Double blade, you don't seem to have a grasp of reality. Why do you automatically assume teenagers=evil? I just don't see the logic there. Everyone alive was once/are going to be/is a teenager, and an extremley small fraction of them are dangerous psychopaths. The only thing teenagers lead adults in deaths are in car crashes, and that's mostly due to lack of experience.

Were you emotionally abused as a teenager? had no friends? bullied?

That's the only way I can see someone having such a senseless opinion.

Doom and Marilyn Manson had nothing to do with making those idiots Klebold and Harris shoot up the school.

Blame it on the fact they were able to easily get their hands on some tech nine sub machine guns with ammo. If guns werent sold, these shootings wouldnt occur.

Double_Blade said:

Yeah, you're completely right. Forget about ELSPA or ESRB ratings. Woah, I have another great idea: Why not just ban teenagers and children from watching any TV show that has even anything remotely violent? If the kids re-enact something they saw on TV, it'll surely get banned! I mean, there aren't any games or even TV shows directed at teenagers or even children!

Wait, there are.

Some of the levels that he made are available for download. And you'll quickly find that the excuse of "you don't kill humans in Doom" quickly fading away. One of them I recall is titled "Kill 'em all" (or something to that effect) and the level has sound clips of people begging for their lives or screaming in agony and such riddled throughout.

Although, perhaps this is not destroying the argument that Doom did not cause their violence, in fact it is more supporting the fact that video games are a good way to vent such feelings of hate, as he did when he made these levels. However it was not enough, apparantly.

theotherguy said:
Double blade, you don't seem to have a grasp of reality. Why do you automatically assume teenagers=evil? I just don't see the logic there. Everyone alive was once/are going to be/is a teenager, and an extremley small fraction of them are dangerous psychopaths. The only thing teenagers lead adults in deaths are in car crashes, and that's mostly due to lack of experience.

Were you emotionally abused as a teenager? had no friends? bullied?

That's the only way I can see someone having such a senseless opinion.

Yeah, Im abused as a teenager and so? Now I am a adult and now working on a job, life goes a cycle. Senseless opinions? Columbine High School Massacre is a very clear example on teenagers killing, and schools are now vulnerable on school shootings and if you did bother to open your eyes and look at the news, you might probably wonder why teenagers will kill people.

Again, your lack of perspective just floors me. After all, I no need friends. If I want to enjoy, I can spent time with my family and go fly kite and play games.

Double_Blade said:
Yeah, Im abused as a teenager and so? Now I am a adult and now working on a job, life goes a cycle. Senseless opinions? Columbine High School Massacre is a very clear example on teenagers killing, and schools are now vulnerable on school shootings and if you did bother to open your eyes and look at the news, you might probably wonder why teenagers will kill people.

Again, your lack of perspective just floors me. After all, I no need friends. If I want to enjoy, I can spent time with my family and go fly kite and play games.

You are a pathetic human being.

Double_Blade said:

I think they should put you in a camp. With barbed wire.

Guys, I played TONS of POSTAL 1 when it first came out and going around killing innocents has never been so much fun! Of course, I am not doing anything of the sort IRL. That's because I am mentally stable.

People (not just teens) will behave a certain way if it is in their nature and the media and politicians will look to any external sources to pin that behaivor on be it games, books, movies, etc. They usually fail to look at bad parenting though. This is where the most damage is done.

when it first came out and going around killing innocents has never been so much fun!

Camp. Barbed wire. now.

:p

All right fellows, let's lay off ol' Double Blade and bring the "loving kindness" rating of this thread up, eh? Then again, it is a Columbine thread - but we've got site rules to think about!

No matter how confused and amused you are at some of the things Double Blade says, just kind of do what I do - puzzle over if he's human, troll, or something else entirely, and respond like you were talking to someone as respectable and loveable as Lemonking is not.

Ennui said:
No matter how qonfused and amused you are..

Fixed.
ssh.gif

Double_Blade said:
He creates this image of "you say I can't get it, that's because I don't want it!"

- Angry Lawyer

15357 said:
Camp. Barbed wire. now.

:p
In the game they sort of tried to do that by sending all manner of police at you, but you could usually get away with most of your mayhem with a little skill. :thumbs:

I sort of want to put Double Blade on ignore, but then I wouldn't have my morning "wow you're stupid" with breakfast.

OnTopic...

That guy's crazy. People also need to realize that if anything, they would have done more damage if they're emotional desires weren't sated by video games like Doom. People who don't have releases for their emotions cannot function properly. They get it all bottled up and then just lose it on someone or something when they get annoyed.

Oh, and anyone know why it took them 8 years to release the diaries?

Infern0 said:
I sort of want to put Double Blade on ignore, but then I wouldn't have my morning "wow you're stupid" with breakfast.

OnTopic...

That guy's crazy. People also need to realize that if anything, they would have done more damage if they're emotional desires weren't sated by video games like Doom. People who don't have releases for their emotions cannot function properly. They get it all bottled up and then just lose it on someone or something when they get annoyed.

Oh, and anyone know why it took them 8 years to release the diaries?

Go ahead and put me on your ignore list, I sorta of don't care. You people really freaked me out though.

Loving the two pathetic teens who boasted their killings and those 13 teenage victims who are weak and... *BOOM*, get caught in a stray shotgun blast! Oh my...

Back