E3 2011

Is anyone trying to watch this (Sony Conference) in PS Home? It keeps giving me a Network Error LOL. :)

PlayStation Vita? I demand someone to tell me what this is. I have been gone for quite some time and want to know what the hell is going on.

Handheld bullshit, that's what it is.

Bullshit?? The Vita looks pretty damn incredible and for $249?? That's like a portable PS3 for CHEAP. I dont care about a lot of the features, but the games will be incredible. For instance, the last game in the Vita montage looks like if Odin Sphere and Golden Axe had a baby. DROOL.

Thanks for the quick response, Remus.

And since everyone cares about my opinion, here's what I think about some of the stuff I saw at the Ubisoft conference (couldn't see any of the Sony conference)

First of all, what happened to Brothers In Arms? I saw the video and my jaw almost fell to the floor. That only happens when I see a terrible idea, and this was one of them. Stupid, idiotic decision to abandon the story-driven, emotionally powerful Brothers In Arms series for four dicks with guns. God damn it, Ubisoft. God damn it.

Far Cry 3. Well, I'm sort of mixed about it. I liked the bad guy's repetition as he repeatedly asked the player, "Do you know what the definition of 'insanity' is?" However, why should I buy it? Why is it called Far Cry 3? Is it a continuation of the first Far Cry or the second one? Does it have its own plot? Is it set in Africa or some other country? Too many questions left unanswered, and I won't even consider buying it until I get some more information.

Tom Clancy Whatever. Didn't really care for it. Enough said.

That's all I saw, so I'll probably go back and watch the whole conference again to get a better feel for it. Then, I'll watch the Sony conference.

Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Skyrim all looked pretty great to me. Was expecting more from Mass Effect 3, but it looks decent enough. Battlefield 3 looked amazing on a technical level, but I'm still not seeing anything particularly special about it (hopefully some proper multiplayer footage rolls in from the floor soon). MW3 was laughable. Besides that, I can't think of anything that really wowed me.

So tomorrow is Nintendo's conference. Screw it, I'm not hiding anything. I'm stupidly excited for whatever shit they are going to bring out. Slap a moderate price tag on the console and ensure I get a new Zelda game and I'll march into the store after the conference and preorder the **** out of it.

yea i'm looking forward to nintendo's conference. This is their best shot they have at impressing me with cafe and the 3ds upcoming lineup.

Bring it nintendo

Wait, so does anyone know if Nintendo's conference is going to be good?

Well Microsoft and Sony just bored us into the ground so the door is open for them to show anything remotely interesting and it be labelled as the best.

Regarding the BF3 presentation: who thought it would be a good idea to show like 2 minutes of tanks driving through open terrain with nothing happening? I know it was kind of a silence before the storm, but I don't think it worked well as presentation material; maybe someone should be talking about the game while nothing was going on.

^^ that's what i thought, i felt it was a disappointing showing and made for a very disappointing conference as its highlight

Even if you buy it from a store, you need to install Origin to play it. It's like Steam, but worse. They use the same system for Old Republic.

Have you used Origin yet Barnz? If so, why do you think it is worth than Steam? I've not had any issues with it so far.

I dont think you need origin for any of EA's games apart from SWTOR right?

Okay, so finally got PC access again, best place to follow E3, GTTV, IGN or GameSpot?

Okay, so finally got PC access again, best place to follow E3, GTTV, IGN or GameSpot?

GT has a good stream. I am also looking forward to the GiantBomb livestream, if it ever comes online.

Whichever stream you decide to pick, prepare yourself. The Nintendo conference is about to start.

zelda video with full orchestra is amazing

heart is swelling right now

Was anybody else hoping he'd actually grab the new console and hold it up when the orchestra played the Zelda chest/item bit?

Deeper and wider. Hmm... I don't know, man.

Miyamoto-san is adorable.

it's all a facade

sjugZ.jpg

You guys saw that part of the ad where the guy is patting the dog on the screen?

That dog's facial expression is pretty much how I feel.

I'm placing a bet that the price is going to be at least $299.

WiiU is the worst name ever. It looks cool though.

I doubt I'll get this, the Wii didn't interest me because of motion-control and this doesn't seem to rectify that.

Still, I must say I am somewhat intrigued by it.

I think Nintendo just won.

Barely.

Back