Email From Doug L to me

So now we get no explanation either. What a bunch of shit. My guess it that Vivendi is strong arming them - that's a possible reason for them not being able to say anything about it.

It's just they hadn't even given a reason to why. No explanation, they quickly, briefly announced it and left us in the dirt.

for some reason i never was waiting for the 30th to come so badly, because i knew that something would happen and that some kind of EXCUSE would come for a delay.

It was kinda expected..

No company is this silent a few weeks prior to a release of a blockbuster game..

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yay!! It's official.... it's delayed!!!

I don't want all you ungrateful kids to get your hands on this masterpiece yet anyway.. I hope the wait weeds out the weak and only the true HL fans remain! :cheers:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but atleast it cleared some things up.

I just made this thread less than 10 minutes ago, and by the time i hit submit its going to be on page 5 or 6

I'm just pissed cuz I ordered $1000 worth of parts for my new HL2 upgrade from newegg.com last night. I dont know if I should cancel the order or not...

It's just they hadn't even given a reason to why. No explanation, they quickly, briefly announced it and left us in the dirt

You had to be an idiot to believe they would get it out on the 30th anyway. The biggest clue was about 3 weeks ago, when it still HADN'T gone gold.

Then there was the people who insisted it would be a Steam release. Yeah right, after that whole fiasco could you really believe that a 1.5Gb (estimate) file would be downloadable via Steam?

It's been pushed back to Xmas, that's quite a delay considering it was 'supposed' to be released next week. What would constitute a 3 month delay? Unless the game isn't finished.

And yet, it's only a bloody video game.
Real life is much more exciting and cooler...or so they say.
Isn't for me though :(

At least there is resolution...thank God....now we can get back to normal lives once again...well at least until November.

No matter what the reason, at least when it IS done, it should be polished. A silver lining :)

Thanks for clearing it up Spud.

Originally posted by SpuD
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but atleast it cleared some things up.

I just made this thread less than 10 minutes ago, and by the time i hit submit its going to be on page 5 or 6

This is BS !

And you thought we will beleive that huh !

Originally posted by Dax
And yet, it's only a bloody video game.
Real life is much more exciting and cooler...or so they say.
Isn't for me though :(

and yet these days the video game industry is bigger than the movie industry...

Originally posted by Someone
At least there is resolution...thank God....now we can get back to normal lives once again...well at least until November.

I wouldn't call this resolution. We still need the denouement on why they waited til the last second and whatnot.

Doug is probably from France or Britain. I'm so totally mad now , but i hope Valve'll finish the shit before 2004.

Originally posted by CrazyHarij
Doug is probably from France or Britain. I'm so totally mad now , but i hope Valve'll finish the shit before 2004.

what makes you think that ? :dozey:

Originally posted by Oakey
You had to be an idiot to believe they would get it out on the 30th anyway. The biggest clue was about 3 weeks ago, when it still HADN'T gone gold.

Then there was the people who insisted it would be a Steam release. Yeah right, after that whole fiasco could you really believe that a 1.5Gb (estimate) file would be downloadable via Steam?

It's been pushed back to Xmas, that's quite a delay considering it was 'supposed' to be released next week. What would constitute a 3 month delay? Unless the game isn't finished.

for the last time, THERE IS NO SET DATE FOR A GAME TO GO GOLD....get your facts straight, headcrap!

Originally posted by Irs2k3
Cheers mate:cheers:

HL2 is still coming out as schedule....

yeah well lets hope so... /me crosses his fingers :) :cheese:

Do you really think Doug would send out an email like that on behalf of Valve without Gabe's permission?

-Rubeus

Back