Email From Doug L to me

If I hade to take a guess, I would say that the delay is not game related, but steam/VU (as someone said before) or advertising related. I mean, up till now there has been little to no advertising. Maybe valve felt that word of mouth was enough, but since the game has yet to go gold, they decided that they needed to advertise conventionally, and thus need an extra month or two. I don't know that much about the gaming industry, but it seems logical.

Goddamn. Well...a week isn't THAT long.

*goes to NewEgg and buys the new Radeon*

I'm serious, no more waiting for me. Sorry.

Gee, Doug, how about a ****ing apology to the thousands of people you've lied to, ffs.

geez... ppl stop complaining and relax... gabe will explain it all l8r

I've got one word to say about the delay:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the last time, THERE IS NO SET DATE FOR A GAME TO GO GOLD

Yeah, how wrong of me, I mean, I totally forgot, Gabe Newell himself can just run down to the publishers with the master CD, churn out a few million copies of HL2, maybe print the boxes and manuals himself, who knows, maybe with some Crayola pens. Then after that, he can travel the world, in his own car perhaps, and deliver the game to all the stores. In a single day!!

Shut the hell up, you have no idea. If you say your release date is going to be the 30th of september, then you need to allocate at least a week or two, if not more, beforehand for the game to be mass produced and shipped.

I noticed you didn't argue with me over the Steam release.

It's all part of one big publicity stunt. How could valve tell shacknews that they were having mail issues IN AN E-MAIL. Later today they are gonna say that their mailserver was hacked and that the e-mail are not true.

Originally posted by Cypher19
I've got one word to say about the delay:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 words:
DIE YOU ALL ;)

Originally posted by AlCapucci
It's all part of one big publicity stunt. How could valve tell shacknews that they were having mail issues IN AN E-MAIL. Later today the are gonna say that their mailserver was hacked and that the e-mail are not true.

lol i was thinking about that too :/ maybe they got h4xx0red

Originally posted by Schmudi
Halflife 2 comes september 30 2003

informationminister.txt

Valve has just gone from "Best communtiy relations" to "Worst community relations" over night. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

If this is true they dont know how many fans they disapointed.They just get us all excited about HL2:bounce: :cheers: :bounce: and then they just say sorry you're going to have to wait more than six days to get the game.

Awww this sucks:flame: :flame:

wtf is wrong with some of you people

So what, Half-Life 2 is delayed, atleast it wasnt canceled or something. No matter what your going to get it, just find something else to do until it comes out. I'm sure the delay wont be pushed back too far

I think it's Spitcodfry's fault. His visit there last week threw them all off their game! Now we have to wait till "holiday season" Thanks buddy! :cheers:

Say arent there another school holiday coming up? I mean another holiday than xmas. Maybe thats the new date they are aiming at. Keep tha faith. My day is f´|_|cket now :(:(:(:(:(:):):):)(

I was going to buy a brand spanking new monitor and the collectors edition of HL2, but now its been delayed with no release date anounced (I think its gonna come out christmas holidays as theres loads of money to be made this time of the year and valve/vivendi know this) I'm gonna buy myself either xbox or ps2 with loads of games... probably buy the sp/mp version of hl2 IF it comes out before deus ex2 and doom III :cheese:

Originally posted by Mountain Man
"Our customers are going to be pissed."
-Gabe Newell
For a while there it almost sounded like he cared. Great acting, huh?

Feels good to have HL2Files beat Shacknews on this big a story- even if the news is as depressing as it is. ;( Hopefully the editing tools / Hammer will still find a release soon so mods can at least get some quality time in.

Hope it isn't real or is just a publicity stunt.

Gabe just kept reasuring us on sept 30 he should have made the anouncment about the delay.

And what about the mail server shutdown or whatever it was it could stop thousands of gamers asking: WHY GABE???

I sent Gabe an E-mail before the delay and i didn't get a reply.Maybe they're right.

;( ;(

It's particularly ironic that in the Half-Life 2 preview in PC Gamer back in June, Gabe Newell was smugly saying they weren't going to play the W.I.D. game like other developers, that they weren't going to announce the game until they knew they could deliver.

I guess that didn't work out too well, now did it?

Back