Euro and Sterling Now Available

it is still possible that this is some kind of mistake, it's still in beta, isn't it?

If it's not a mistake, **** them, really, I'm not buying anything else on steam.

**** localised prices. **** them.

Ah, good things never lasts. I liked purchasing via steam... most of all I enjoyed being able to download and play the game on day one, instead of waiting the retail day one, buying the game, getting back to the house, installing.....

Very bad news. I am also in an EU country that doesn't yet use Euros, and this made games at least one third more expensive. Their choice of making the games cost as many Euros as they cost dollars is horrid, so there go reasonably priced games. Given the sorry situation of the world economy, this couldn't have come at a worse time, either.

From SPUF:
3steamcreateaccountza4.jpg

Eh, what?

I can accept Steam prices being identical to retail, as I'm fond of how Steam works, but this is nothing short of completely screwing customers over.

But it's not identical to retail. I can and have just bought L4D for 34 euro incl. shipping online, it costs 50 on Steam. If a physical shop can manage those prices, surely an digital distributor can too? And the only reason I bought it at a retailer is because of this change, I love the convenience of Steam but it's not worth 10+ euro.

I find it funny how Valve has waited for Sterling and the Euro to tank against the Dollar before bringing this long due feature.

Back