Fake Half-Life 2 Episode Three plus! Pretty fake next orange box covers.

What's more cool?

• The Orange Box 2.0

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • The Green Box

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The Purple Box

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Episode Three screenshots

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Pink Scottish

Reaction score
Here i can show my fan-made things with Photoshop (jk Macromedia Fireworks) and shows how i would like to see the future of Valve games :p

Half-Life 2: Episode Three fake screenshots:

ep3_artic03

ep3arctic03.jpg

ep3_base01

ep3base01.jpg

ep3_overworld05

ep3overworld05.jpg

Here the fake Next boxes:
pbox.png
ogbox01.jpg
grbx.png

All of this was made by me.
Vote which one is the best cover :)

51hdg.jpg

Incredible.

All of your fake screenshots are rather amateurish, as you seem to think that bumping the contrast up makes them look more realistic, which it really doesn't.

ogbox01.jpg

I actually really like this. This is the best one there. However, EP3 should have a bigger picture and be at the top, then portal 2 with a decent picture, the L4D2 at the bottom. You waste a lot of space at the top, so you should put the title rigth next to PC DVD, and the 2.0 centered below it. Then you have more space for artwork. Looks very professional though :p

The fake screenshots are pretty terrible, except for the second one, which is average.

^Got that image as well. I hope Valve takes note of that design.

error gabe something poo is shit? What? I assume it is some joke aimed at the fact Valve aren't supporting PS3 anymore.

Nice try, why did you pick the purple box?

"error gabe said ps3 is shit" that's what it says on ps3 box

You sure that middle word is 'said' I can see a 'y' or 'g' in it I think :S

Yeah, "Error: Gabe says ps3 is shit", he said that he doesn't like the Playstation 3 fault of a bunch of errors, he said there will be not L4D2 for Ps3, so i can imagine the next box neither...

I'm gonna show a missing g-man audio, sadly in spanish: when Episode One was in production, they used a different G-man line! But when the game was released had some changes and the spanish HL2 team forgot to remove the translated audio line. What a pretty mistake :D.

Up front, good attempts. Thanks for sharing.

ep3_artic03 doesn't make a whole lot of practical sense. It gives me the impression that they are standing in the middle of nowhere with working computers that aren't plugged into anything.

ep3_base01 is a little too "busy" for me. There's something about it that is just plain noisy to me.

I can kind of see how sep3_overworld05 would work, but only because that's how we the players visually see the Gman cinematically 95% of the time: a ghastly pale face with piercing eyes, standing in front of an eerie background or a solid dark canvas. So while it's not entirely creative, it's plausible.

However, Alyx's head looks like E.T., so fail.

I vaguely recall seeing a screenshot with exactly the same hallway as the second image on Google Images before, which leads me to believe that is not your work.

The hallway is from Episodes 1 and 2 when Mossman is talking on the video recorder. The level design itself is not his work.

I think you guys are being a little harsh, again.

Yeah they're all really good, except for the PS3 one, & the secret message was just gay.

PS3 is an amazing console, anyone argues I just say "At least PS3 doesn't have a failure rate of 54%"

Orange Box 2.0 was the best.

The screenshots are kinda meh, but the covers are better than the Orange Box cover, which was pretty awful.

I went with the purple box.I know its fake but its pretty convincing.

Didn't like any, if I were a developer and HAD to choose one, I'd take the Purple Box.

I sent the Orange Box 2.0 and the Green Box to Gabe Newell. I don't know if he liked them, but he gave me a thanks.

Do you know why the Orange Box is called the Orange Box, aspiring design apprentice?

EDIT: My IRL friend once traced over an image of Gabe Newell, depicting him as a crime-syndicate mob-boss; it wasn't the best picture, but he got 3 posters sent to him as a thanks.

this is cool, makes me feel excited for HL2 Episode Three for some reason

Damn if there was something like that actually being released I'd JIZZ IN MY PANTS!

What made you think there will be counter strike 2, on any platform, even xbox?

21/9/09 News:

After i saw the best made box is The Orange Box 2.0, i made a poster about how it could be.

ogbox20.png

Hope you like it.

Back