Fringe - Season 4 (massive S3 spoilers)

taviow

Tank
Reaction score
Ayu6r.png

Sept 23rd, 9/8C on Fox.

Can't ****ing wait for this.

Seeing the two universes cooperate is going to be a trip.

Well I sure hope they explain 2 things.

How the hell are the two universes connected now? And 2, why did Peter cease to exist. Non of this made any sense to me.

How the hell are the two universes connected now? And 2, why did Peter cease to exist. Non of this made any sense to me.

I haven't seen it in a while, but if I recall correctly, Peter used the machine to create a permanent bridge between the universes. As for him ceasing to exist, the Observers kept him alive because he had a "destiny", which seemed to be doing what he did, so as far as they are concerned, his purpose has been fulfilled. I think what we'll see is that the Observers are wrong, and his life amounted to more than that. I don't think the group is going to work very well without him AT ALL

I just started watching Season 1 through again recently, probably won't get through the entire show before the new season airs, but it shouldn't be too long into it before I'm refreshed on everything.

I love this show because its like Half Life in a way and at the same time its like X-flies and each season outdoes the last season. Cannot wait for the new episodes and I'm so glad this show is thriving

As long as they avoid the godawful monster of the week episodes amd stick with the main 2 worlds mythology stuff the better.

You gays better not have forgotten to watch the show tonight.
It was a phenomenal start.

Nice premiere. The third season's premiere was probably better, but mostly this episode was just setting up the new world.

The crossing over to the alt universe was probably my favorite part. I'm sure we can expect really great things from this season.

Premiere was a pretty miserable episode overall. It was interesting, though.

The one big thing that stood out was Olivia wearing makeup and a relatively bright coloured shirt. But I can't think of a reason the cortexiphan trials wouldn't have taken place. Any thoughts on that one?

I loved the latest one. That planning meeting with alt Olivia, Olivia, alt Lincoln, alt Astrid and alt Broyles was amazing. It's so excellent to see both Fringe divisions working together. I'm surprised there was so much interaction between Olivia and alt Olivia throughout the episode. It was great to see alt Lincoln tagging along too.

Really loved the episode, looking forward to the next one.

2nd episode was pretty good, I'm just so happy I'm all caught up again

I really, really loved the second episode. It totally made up for the weak premiere. I hope the rest of the season continues getting stronger. Curious how long Peter will be gone for.

Fantastic episode, the plot thickens.

4x04 was easily the best episode of the season, finally the main plot is taking off.

That said, it seems we have serious problems:

Fringe was down a tenth of an adults 18-49 ratings point (8%) versus last week to a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.

Fox's (head of schedule?) tweeted yesterday:

#FRINGE people #FRINGE tonight!!!! Can we do a 1.4? Not a lot to ask.

Fringe did a 1.2 last night. If this guy defines 1.4 as "not a lot to ask", and the show fails to do even that... I'm sure this is very bad news. It has been doing very badly the past three weeks.

So I think everyone that can watch it live on TV should do so. Not to mention trying to get friends/family/everyone into it. It's a great show, in fact one of the best sci fi shows on TV right now, in my opinion. I understand how weak the first season is, but I really believe it's worth going through to get to the great parts. The last half of Season 2 is amazing, and so is Season 3 overall. This show should survive. We should watch it.

I loved Friday's episode, very solid, I can't believe how many of my friends like this show too :D

So I think everyone that can watch it live on TV should do so. Not to mention trying to get friends/family/everyone into it.

As has been established before (in the previous Fringe thread, I believe) only people with Nielsen boxes contribute to ratings. It doesn't matter if you get the entire city to watch it if only 3 families have them. It's a stupid and outdated system, but there's little can be done about it.

I'm aware of that. That doesn't mean we shouldn't get people to see it. I think that people should know about/watch the show whether or not they have Nielsen boxes.

Seriously, it can't hurt to get a bigger following.

And yeah, Friday's ep was phenomenal.
A ****ing shame that FOX spoiled the shit out of it with the promo to it though.

I just watched episode 4 last night, but apparently Sky isn't showing the next episode next week. What gives? I thought the show was to stop a few weeks before christmas and then start up again?

[edit] I just saw the episode listings for the US and you guys watched episode 4 last week, and you don't start up again till next week, I guess that explains why we seem to be doing the same thing for next week. Any special occasion?

stupid baseball stopped the show from airing but I don't know if it was a new episode or not

Atleast they're having a bit of fun with the whole baseball thing.

So, decent episode. Looks like next one will be much better though.

Yeah, was kind of an uneventful episode, made worse by the wait.

Still, it was enjoyable.
I look forward to next week's ep for sure.

I'm just happy the show is back on. That waiting felt like forever and yeah this past episode was meh but the plot is still holding together and its nice to see things falling into place

That was dull as shit. It felt like an exact rehash of episodes they've done before.

Promo:
Promo for next week looks like a goddamn monster of the week episode. And meanwhile we have Peter looking for a way to get back to the reality he believes to be his own, which won't be solved in a day either.

Further Ahead:
Episode 8 is called "Back to Where You've Never Been". Taviow said that the summary saw suggested that Olivia and Lincoln try to send Peter back to his own reality. Spending 8 episodes exploring how characters would be different seems like a colossal waste of time. And that in itself would be okay if the episodes in the meanwhile were good, but they aren't.

I feel like everything they are accomplishing with this could have been done in one or two episodes. They're instead introducing a potential third and fourth universe that will likely go nowhere when Peter ends up back in the "proper" one. So far Season 4 has been incredibly weak. Worse, perhaps, than Season 1. The single episode that I liked was "One Night in October" in which they used the criminal profiler to go after his criminal double. That was one of my favourite episodes of the show. But most of this has just been rubbish. They're just dragging something out that isn't interesting.

Almost entirely standalone ep this week but it was a cool premise even though it's been done a million times before.

NO IT WAS RUBBISH I HATED IT.

It wasn't a story episode, it wasn't a good monster of the week episode, and it wasn't even a good character episode.
It was almost identical to the White Tulip episode except that one was unbelievably superior in every single way.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE! .jpg

I liked the episode too.

Completely standalone but there was some great character development and the ending was definitely mysterious, overall an entertaining episode but the promo for the next one just made the wait for January so much worse.

**** THESE DELAAAAYS

And the day is just about here.
Show returns tomorrow!

God damned finally.

Seriously, way too ****ing long. And since the episode we're getting is the one that was supposed to air before the break, I'm totally expecting it to be a good one.

I'll most likely have to wait till Saturday until I watch this but OMFG!! can't wait :D

I dont even remember what was going on in the last few episodes.

Yeah ****all happened. Ready, here's the entire first half of the season we watched: Boy, these characters sure had depressing lives without Peter. Oh hey welcome back, Peter. No one remembers you but I'm sure they will. Or maybe not. Oh you think you're in the wrong place? Okay.

This episode was ****ing brilliant. The subtleties of character are amazing. And it doesn't waste a single moment. It knows exactly where it's going, and it's marvelous. Jesus Christ. I can see why they wanted this to be the midseason break. It totally changes this entire season.

Back