Fringe - Season 4 (massive S3 spoilers)

This could've worked as the episode that airs right after Peter returns, god damn.
Amazing stuff, the interaction between Walternate and Peter was worth the wait alone.

Also, now we have a new dilemma
Olivia apparently has to die, regardless of the what universe she's in.
Definitely going to want to find out more about that.

Also, **** yeah, Jones is back!

Olivia apparently has to die, regardless of the what universe she's in.

It's weird to me that he told this Olivia, who has never interacted or even seen him before.

I'm sure there will be some kind of loophole with it though, like she'll only be dead for a second, or only one of her has to die. I can totally see her and Fauxlivia getting to that point where one sacrifices themselves for the other.

Also, wasn't this the same case with Peter? Where an Observer told him that he had to die or some such.

Also, wasn't this the same case with Peter? Where an Observer told him that he had to die or some such.

Did that happen? Or are you thinking of when he told Water that to get Walter prepared for the possibility of losing Peter?

Excellent episode, this show kept my attention from start to finish. Also next week's episode looks even radder

That was amazing. Almost definitely the best episode of the season, possibly one of my overall favourites.

Yeah, that was a fantastic episode.
Great performance by John Noble yet again and by Jared Harris, can't wait to see more Jones.

Friday's Episode was awesome! Just finished it a few minutes ago because I was busy but the twists in this show were not easily seen

Meh, tonight's ep wasn't a bad standalone but it didn't move the arc forward at all and that's immensely disappointing since they can't afford to keep doing this much longer.

Jesus Christ, it's going on another ****ing break in March.

Just ****ing cancel the damn show then.

edit:

This week's ep was yet another standalone but atleast the story in it was pretty cool I felt.
The presence of the alties seemed extremely pointless but it was nice to see the two Astrixes interact nonetheless.

Next week's ep looks to also be standalone and rather Michael Bay-esque.

It's FringeFriday again. Be sure to trend that shit on Twitter.

Of tonight's episode, Executive Producer Joel Wyman says: "It's going to answer a lot of mythological questions. It's going to answer one very large mythological question, which we believe is of paramount importance, the answer to that question. It's a big one as far as stakes are concerned."

I'm excited. I hope that means we're moving away from filler episodes. Last week's was excellent, but in general this season has been so weak.

I'd twitter that shit if I used twitter.
And I'm surprised, the promo for tonight's ep looked awful.

edit:
Tonight's ep was pretty great, the ending in particular was interesting to say the least.
I just hope that everything that occurred will actually be important to the overall plot.

Though, I'm a bit confused by what actually transpired.
So, Jones can combine universes or something now?

Also, Joel Wyman completely lied.
As far as I can tell, nothing at all was answered this episode.

Tonight's ep was pretty great, the ending in particular was interesting to say the least.
I just hope that everything that occurred will actually be important to the overall plot.

Though, I'm a bit confused by what actually transpired.
So, Jones can combine universes or something now?

I hated it. Next week's looks shit too.

The promise of answers only seems to have gone so far as "Apparently this is a third/fourth universe after all".

When I first saw people merging with their other halves, I assumed it was the Observers combining universes, which would have been ****ing awesome and horrifying. I've been waiting this entire season for them to demand attention or answers from the Observers, and to actually make the Observers somewhat, you know, villainous. But it seems like the writers can't make up their minds at all with what they're doing, so Jones will pop back up when it's convenient.

So even though Walter checked Olivia's blood, she's apparently merging with her other. Because Jones is trying to combine universes. For some unknown ****ing reason. And out of the ridiculously large number of realities, he just happened to get Peter's original universe. Which is pretty lucky. Especially considering that this universe is already pretty linked with another one, by way of the machine.

Basically this entire season has been a slow, filler, directionless mess, with perhaps 2-3 quality episodes and barely enough good scenes beyond that to fill another 2 episodes. They've done in 12 episodes what could have been done, and done better, in perhaps 6. They have 10 episodes left to ****ing fix this, or I'm going to be so very angry.

I hated it. Next week's looks shit too.

The promise of answers only seems to have gone so far as "Apparently this is a third/fourth universe after all".

When I first saw people merging with their other halves, I assumed it was the Observers combining universes, which would have been ****ing awesome and horrifying. I've been waiting this entire season for them to demand attention or answers from the Observers, and to actually make the Observers somewhat, you know, villainous. But it seems like the writers can't make up their minds at all with what they're doing, so Jones will pop back up when it's convenient.

So even though Walter checked Olivia's blood, she's apparently merging with her other. Because Jones is trying to combine universes. For some unknown ****ing reason. And out of the ridiculously large number of realities, he just happened to get Peter's original universe. Which is pretty lucky. Especially considering that this universe is already pretty linked with another one, by way of the machine.

Basically this entire season has been a slow, filler, directionless mess, with perhaps 2-3 quality episodes and barely enough good scenes beyond that to fill another 2 episodes. They've done in 12 episodes what could have been done, and done better, in perhaps 6. They have 10 episodes left to ****ing fix this, or I'm going to be so very angry.

I agree about the season being ridiculously slow.
Your idea about the Observers is pretty great too, I'd really really love them to have some significance.

And really, if that was the answer they promised then **** off, that was already painfully obvious... that's almost intelligence insultingly stupid.

And really, if that was the answer they promised then **** off, that was already painfully obvious... that's almost intelligence insultingly stupid.

I think it must be. And I don't know, it was still possible that it was merely "The Universe if Peter had died". There wasn't anything we saw (until now) that specifically pointed it in one way or the other. I don't agree that it was painfully obvious. But I also don't see what it matters.

That's the revelation? Really? I knew this from the start of the season.

That was a great episode.

Next week's looks to be like an episode we've been waiting for. :O

Great episode, even though the case itself was kind of eh, there was a lot of other stuff going on that was pretty cool.

Where, the ****, is Olivia getting her memories?

Also the promo for next week's episode looks amazing.

I loved seeing them (almost) properly working together again. :eek:

And yeah, I really want a proper answer for that I mean... cortexiphan is involved but I thought it was meant to enhance once dormant abilities in the human being, so I have no clue.

I loved seeing them (almost) properly working together again. :eek:

And yeah, I really want a proper answer for that I mean... cortexiphan is involved but I thought it was meant to enhance once dormant abilities in the human being, so I have no clue.

Yeah definitely.

Another question for next week:

Which Nina is the shapeshifter? I half-suspect that the one with Walter and Lincoln is the real one, because surely the real Nina couldn't have been so stupid as to think potassium whatever and food colouring would fool Walter Bishop. Meanwhile that leaves shapeshifter Nina to be working with Jones and trying and get into Olivia's head, for whatever reason.

Definitely has to be the one with Walter and Linc for the reasons you've stated.
But, **** that question.
What's the god damned deal with the Observers? What is their purpose? Who are they exactly? Why are they so interested in Walter?

This was a great episode although it would have worked even better without the case.

Promo for the next episode looks excellent.

Remember the cartoon episode from Season 3, in which the guy with the X t-shirt appeared?
This guy:

3fZOc.png

In that episode, Olivia refers to him as the man that was going to kill her. Now, due to his X t-shirt and current lack of name, he has been referred to as Mr. X in the internet. Well, I've seen this in the promo for next week's episode:

gqyZW.png

Hmmmm...

That was a great episode.
Cheesy effects aside.

But, JESUS CHRIST 4 WEEK BREAKKKKKKKKKK

That whole September sequence reminded me a lot of the Dr. Manhattan origin scene in the Watchmen movie with the monotone delivery and surreal feeling of it all.

It was a pretty faithful adaptation of the graphic novel apart from some ridiculous over-stylized fight sequences and odd music placement but whatevs bro.

You realise that the presence of over-stylized fight sequences immediately makes it, you know, not a faithful adaptation, right? Not to mention the completely butchered ending. And the fact that a good 1/3rd or more of the story was left out. Because Watchmen is too complex to be condensed into two hours anyway. But I wouldn't expect you to care about any of that.

Great episode but 4 week break? I have almost next to nothing to watch. (actually might finally watch Boardwalk Empire S1)

You realise that the presence of over-stylized fight sequences immediately makes it, you know, not a faithful adaptation, right? Not to mention the completely butchered ending. And the fact that a good 1/3rd or more of the story was left out. Because Watchmen is too complex to be condensed into two hours anyway. But I wouldn't expect you to care about any of that.

I actually preferred the movie's ending over the comic's.
And seriously, it was pretty damn faithful. Fight scenes or no, there weren't necessarily that many of them to detract from the overall message.
Having seen the Director's Cut that extends the run time to about 3 1/2 hours with the inclusion of the Black Freighter and numerous deleted and extended scenes.
I really felt that they made good usage of the time that they had to squeeze it into a movie.

Sure, I would have either preferred no adaptation at all but a movie was indeed made and it wasn't a terrible adaptation, in my opinion of course.

But, this thread's about Fringe not the Watchmen movie.

I really want to see one of the four Olivia's die. For all the things this show has been great with, they've been so hesitant about killing characters. It was done really well with Alt-Broyles, and I want to see it happen again.

This Olivia seems to be so much stronger than our own, as far as her powers go. I'm wondering if we'll actually see her kill herself to send Peter home. Alternatively, I want one of the Olivia's to die saving another.

I also didn't really care about the whole, answers to the Observers thing. It was kind of what I was expecting, and it doesn't really make any difference. I mean, I guess it's nice to know, but I'm not sure what it matters.

Would be nice for the show to grow some balls.
Though, high body counts aren't really all that necessary.

But, I'm pretty sure that
one of the Olivias will in fact die no matter what, I mean, they can't just say she's supposed to die and then proceed to find a loop hole and not kill her after all.

Though, high body counts aren't really all that necessary.

No, I know, and while it's understandable for shows that only have single characters and don't kill them off, this show is in a unique position to have their cake and eat it too.

I keep thinking of FarScape, when Crichton was cloned, and we had two of him for a while, and they killed one in a pretty rough way, and Aeryn mourned him. I loved that entire arc. I want Fringe to take a leap like that.

I think it's safe to say that this will be the last season. The last episode's revelation and the fact that they're writing out major characters pretty much confirms it. Everything is unfolding and its feels rather rushed. I'd love to see at least another season but it's very unlikely that it's going to happen. This is the Fox Network, after all.

Fringe returning, Mad Men finally coming back this Sunday, and Revenge returning next week.

Going to be a nice couple of weeks for TV.

Back