Funniest Parts?

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
I thought most of the jokes in the game were really good. I laughed out loud a few times.

My favorite were actually the more subtle "$60" dollar jokes in the old Aperture Labs. When I came into the waiting room and found the poster with the guy jumping in the air next to a yacht with the price tag of $60, I burst out laughing. Does anyone have a picture of that?

^ Cave's rant about lemons actually made me pause for a bit.

Wheatley and the bird was good too.

Oh and GLaDOS as a potato.

I sat around for at least 15 minutes listening to everything the defective turrets had to say as they were pitched into the incinerator.

I sat around for at least 15 minutes listening to everything the defective turrets had to say as they were pitched into the incinerator.

When I first heard them, I thought they were the Twin Autobots from Transformers: Revenge of the fallen

I literally burst out laughing when the instruction Spacebar=speak came up and Wheatley said, "no... what you're doing there is jumping". It was a wonderful 4th wall joke I would've never expected those things to lie to me. Very clever.

Also, does anyone know if the Glados substitute in the first few chambers has a name? He said some pretty funny stuff.

"How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato."

- The defective turrets flying are very fun.
- Whenever Weastley is "hacking", (in front of GLaDOS, in the deffective turret chamber and inside the neurtoxin chamber).
- That little robot saying "hey, I'm different" in the redemption room with a very shy voice made me laugh too. I picked it up and I got a success :)
- The parts where the IA tries to defend itself with defective turrets are hilarious.
- Weastley reading Machiavel !!

I'm playing my second playthrough with the french langage, as it's my langage, but I can assure you that the english voices are the best. Not that french ones are bad, the english one are kind of exceptionaly funny :) (<3 Weastley)

My favorite were actually the more subtle "$60" dollar jokes in the old Aperture Labs. When I came into the waiting room and found the poster with the guy jumping in the air next to a yacht with the price tag of $60, I burst out laughing. Does anyone have a picture of that?

I didn't get the one with the yacht but I did get this one:

oFCNo.jpg

The part where Wheatley tries to explain what he likes about humans to recover from his gaff where called humans "smelly" is hilarious. He says that he just loves the way humans look... and that their folklore is "colorful."

It was quite an obvious, easy joke, but hard not to laugh at Wheatley's response to being called a moron, in playing classical music and pretending to read Machiavelli. Made funnier later by his shouting 'BANG! MACHIAVELLI!' (or similar) when trying to spring one of many failed traps. Also his lines during the neurotoxin 'hacking' part were chucklesome.

Cave Johnson's parts probably win overall though.

Cave Johnson: Say goodbye, Caroline.
Caroline: Goodbye, Caroline.

The end of Cave's bit about how i takes 40 years for asbestos to kill you: "I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face."

Thank you for posting those, ****ing hilarious.

Anything to do with Wheatley when he wants you to do something, but you just idle around. So much of the enjoyment I had in the game was simply idling and listening.

"Holmes versus Moriarty. Aristotle vs SMASHY SPIKE PLATE!"

I actually died from the smashy spike plate because I was laughing too hard to notice the way out.

The part where Wheatley tries to explain what he likes about humans to recover from his gaff where called humans "smelly" is hilarious. He says that he just loves the way humans look... and that their folklore is "colorful."
Holy crap it's Is This Tea!

Anyway, on topic: GLaDOS being a potato and her "slow clap module" and the cores that you plug into Wheatly. I was actually standing around holding them trying to listen to what they had to say and trying to decided to listen to them till I died or actually try to beat Wheatly on my first go.

Too many funny parts to list! But here are a few of my favourites that I haven't seen here:

"Warning: Neurotoxin levels have reached dangerously non-lethal levels"
"Since we're not going anywhere. Well, we are. Alarmingly fast actually.."
"Now, waddle over to the elevator and we'll begin the next test"
"What's wrong with being an orphan? (seriously you are an orphan and it's terrible, but work with me here)"
"You might remember we inserted a small postcard sized microchip into your skull.."

I thought most of the jokes in the game were really good. I laughed out loud a few times.

Yes, the $60 was my favorite, so I got a couple screenshots of it.

kl81D.jpg

I didn't really. Portal had the annoying cake thing and people were going crazy over a cube. Valve even made a plushie cube I mean who would paid $20 for a cube? TF2 had some funny lines mainly the Heavy when he was on a roll but it was rare. Borderlands is probably the funniest game I have played.

I didn't really. Portal had the annoying cake thing and people were going crazy over a cube. Valve even made a plushie cube I mean who would paid $20 for a cube? TF2 had some funny lines mainly the Heavy when he was on a roll but it was rare. Borderlands is probably the funniest game I have played.

Definitely. I'm glad Valve decided to ditch the cheesy "cake" thing as well as not really incorporate the Companion Cube.

The end of Cave's bit about how i takes 40 years for asbestos to kill you: "I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face."

"At worst all you're missing is a few rounds of Canasta!"

This next test may contain trace amounts of time travel.

Cave was hilarious (Why not marry safe science if you love it so much :D), Glados' pronunciation of "potato" is brilliant. But nothing beats the space core...

"Dad, are you space"

She's the backbone of this facility. Pretty as a postcard, too. Sorry Fellas. She's married... TO SCIENCE!

I have to say I really liked the corrupted cores stuff (Nolan North is the voice master), but I think the fall down the hole with Glados admonishing you all the way was pretty funny as well.

THIS SENTENCE IS FALSE! don't think about it don't think about it don't think about it .....

Cave Johnson had me laughing nearly every time. The "Life gives you lemons" speech is classic, but I also loved the way he matter-of-factly explained how he was going to die from moon rock poisoning.

Glados' "slow clap" module was great too, as were her fat jokes. There were so many funny moments, that I feel like I have to pick a favorite character instead. And that's Cave Johnson, no doubt.

Back