Gaining weight?

Reaction score
Anyone here have a decent eating plan for gaining weight?

I'm looking for one that's 3 meals a day not 5/6 throughout the day.

Eat more.

The reason to eat 5/6 meals a day is it's easier to cram in the calories when you're not doing it on a totally full stomach.

Breakfast: Pancakes with a side of waffles

Lunch: An entire tub of ice cream

Dinner: Eight steaks

Eat lots and lots of healthy nuts and seeds.

There are more calories in those than you could ever hope to stuff down your craw eating most other things.

faillife.net , the last place you should ask for advice.

I would have you know that I have successfully gained 2 pounds in the last six months!

Honestly I just feel like shit when I eat a ton of food to gain weight, so I don't do it. I'm content to wait for my metabolism to slow down sometime in my mid-20s.

My doctor prescribed Carnation Instant Breakfast Milkshakes to me when I was a kid. One every morning, and I recall also attempting to get them down in the afternoon. So maybe it was 2 a day.

I don't think it really did anything except make me sick of milkshakes (especially vanilla flavor), but at least my recommendation came from a real doctor?

Eat 500 pounds of chips. Carbs are the best for weight.

Oh HEALTHY weight. Eat craploads of protein, protein shakes, fish, lean chicken, soy, milk, whey protein, flax. No carbs, no sugar.

Don't eat ridiculous amounts of protein however, or you'll cause organ damage to yourself.

If you want to eat 3 meals, you just have to eat like 1500 calories and you'll gain weight. Eating a lot of carbs in each meal will make you gain weight. If you're trying to gain lean muscle though - your best bet is 5-6 meals well balanced at around 500-600 calories each assuming you have a fair workout 3-4 times a week.

It's really quite simple

2gxdvn4.jpg

Eat 500 pounds of chips. Carbs are the best for weight.

Oh HEALTHY weight. Eat craploads of protein, protein shakes, fish, lean chicken, soy, milk, whey protein, flax. No carbs, no sugar.
Um, you need carbs

This has made me laugh and raise an eyebrow.

Two things sprang to my mind; with today's society, I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone WANTING to gain weight, unless you're Cheryl Cole (for the love of god woman, eat something. I miss your 2004 body...ahem...), and I cant actually think of a way of doing it.

''Oh just eat loads of crap'' doesnt really help if you want to gain weight healthily.

What I can imagine is going to be hardest is your stomach size. Increasing your portions and exercising less is key, what you eat is key of course, but you probably wont be able to eat all that much, especially if you're only having small meals numerous times during the day, effectively eating on a small stomach each time.

Eating 3 times a day like the idiots we are as working humans (I still dont know why we eat our biggest meals at night when we dont need it, regardless of work schedule; eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a princess, and dinner like a peasant should be the way of the world), shovels food in and stretches the stomach.

This has made me laugh and raise an eyebrow.

Two things sprang to my mind; with today's society, I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone WANTING to gain weight, unless you're Cheryl Cole (for the love of god woman, eat something. I miss your 2004 body...ahem...), and I cant actually think of a way of doing it.

Um, I'd like to gain weight as well. I'm about 10lbs underweight, I have a really slight build and a fast metabolism. I do eat a lot and nothing happens. Not everyone is fat, like YOU

Eat right before going to bed. Brave the nightmares!

Um, I'd like to gain weight as well. I'm about 10lbs underweight, I have a really slight build and a fast metabolism. I do eat a lot and nothing happens. Not everyone is fat, like YOU

How old are you? I also use to have a hyper metabolism, but now that I'm reaching 24 it seems to be slowing down, I've gained some weigh.

1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh. Whey protein, chicken, spinach, almonds, milk, juices, cottage cheese, tuna, salmon, sweet potatoes, fruits & veges.

WATER.

If you just have about 3 meals per day, and cram in all the calories into those three meals - won't you end up gaining all the weight in fat?

Also toaster for let's say a 135 lb dude, 54 g of protein (40%) seems too little (at least it seems that way because of all the hazy, misinformed reasons I've formed thanks to countless weightlifting/bodybuilding articles) but the general amount (if practicing weightlifting) does seem to oscillate around 1 lb per lean body mass.

Why is this too much?

I found that eating a good breakfast increases my appetite for the rest of the day. I'll be able to eat more for lunch and dinner. Thing is, I don't always have an appetite in the morning. Note that coffee suppresses appetite, so you should avoid it.

Go to a gym and gain muscle mass. Why would anyone just want to gain useless fat? If thats what you want though, just eat bacon all the time.

I found that eating a good breakfast increases my appetite for the rest of the day. I'll be able to eat more for lunch and dinner. Thing is, I don't always have an appetite in the morning. Note that coffee suppresses appetite, so you should avoid it.
This is a fallacy. I drink coffee all the time and still get the urge to eat like a horse.

If your talking about losing weight though, think nasty thoughts. For example,when you reach for a snack, think and visualize things like roach legs, cadaver poop, old man semen, etc. If your easily grossed out like me, this weight loss plan will work, guaranteed. Probably detrimental to those who are trying to eat more to gain weight who also happen to have weak stomachs.

Back