Gears of War (X360) Discussion!

Yeah, good coop support is a big part of why this game is looking spiff to me. The 360 has all the resources to support this but no games have really taken advantage of it so far.

Also, I'm struggling to distinguish which people are hating on Gears of War, which people are defending it, which are defending the haters, or hating on the haters, or... BLAH! Just ****ing buy the game or don't, jesus.

Co-op would be a larger factor for me if I knew somebody getting the game so I could go through it with them :(

I suppose if I eventually get it I could play with you guys.

I know a few people who I'd play co-op with..but we probably wouldn't get very far because we'd be too busy shooting each other and going "LOSER HAHAHAHAHA" on our headsets.....Sounds like a good time :D

Reminds me of the Co-op Doom 3 had for the xbox when it came out :X

"Dude theres nothing in here cmon so we can finish the level"

"Ugh fine alright im comi-WTF DUDE YOU ASSHOLE THERES TONS OF SHIT HERE"

"WUSS"

Is coop going to be for the same xbox too by chance? Split screen?

Play it with me too. Once I get it.. which shouldnt be that lnog after it comes out.
Geuss my gamertag.
Go on, guess.
Have you guessed?
Its acepilotf14.
If you didnt guess that, your a retard.

Seriously. You guys need to be locked in a well for ALL ETERNITY.

If I go, I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!

That's one of the reasons I like Halo so much - i'm fed up with games which issue us increasingly more powerful hardware, making earlier weapons pretty much redundant, in order to fight bigger monsters with more health. It was fine for Doom and Quake back in the day, but now it's time to move on.

Coming from Warbie, who has his head stuck in the N64 era. :p

Why don't we all just shut up until we've had a chance to play it?

Coming from Warbie, who has his head stuck in the N64 era. :p

:p

I wouldn't be if things had moved much on since then. I go where the best games take me ;)

In fact I can't remember one game, on any platform, that has included online co-op out of the box, except for Gears.

Both Serious Sams and Aliens vs Predator 1.

Serious Sam was a blast in co-op :)

It is a real shame that few games support any form of co-op. Of those that do, most balls it up in some way.

Co-op would be a larger factor for me if I knew somebody getting the game so I could go through it with them :(

I suppose if I eventually get it I could play with you guys.
Hell yeah, hope you like lag :D I'll be playing split-screen mostly though.

Also, Serious Sam 2 coop is gawdamn wintastic.

It shouldn't be..especially in co-op :| I've never had any lag problems in game that supported co-op (Doom 3, Splinter Cell: CT and DA)

No, but I am. *points to location*

Think it might have something to do with my modem aswell, or my ISP... I was always getting "could not connect to all players" messages on XBL. Same with Company of Heroes for whatever reason. Signs point to a firewall/router problem, but... *shrug*

Anyway, I'm always willing to give it a shot. Just gotta renew that Live subscription :)

Edit - Oh yeah, that's what I came in here for... is Gears gonna have multiplayer bots? I was just watching the IGN Weekly with all the Gears multi footage (highly recommend giving it a look if you haven't) and it seemed on the map demos they were facing AI opponents rather than other staff. If so, this'd be great for playing with friends, fire up team deathmatch/whatever against AIs when we can't be arsed with full-on campaign stuff. Also doing versus we could chuck a few bots on our teams so screening wouldn't be so effective :p

And yeah, knowing Epic the bots will be great on whatever map :thumbs:

I'm going through the game on co-op with some of you guys. Add me, I've already got Acepilotf14 and DarkStar :)

Also, anyone else preorder the collector's edition?

I'll be doing online co-op heaps but I get GoW like the 26th. :(

gamertag: verisa

Stigmata, I haven't heard anything on bots for GoW but I may have missed something and yes, my preorder is the CE. :)

I'll be doing online co-op heaps but I get GoW like the 26th. :(

gamertag: verisa

Stigmata, I haven't heard anything on bots for GoW but I may have missed something and yes, my preorder is the CE. :)
Added you to my friends list.

I get the game on the 9th for some reason, even though my EB probably already has the game in... Either way, I'll still be up for some co-op by the 26th, just for you :p

I'd be up for it aswell, don't get it till the 27th here. I'm BadHat54 on XBL, don't have gold just yet though.

I'd be up for it aswell, don't get it till the 27th here. I'm BadHat54 on XBL, don't have gold just yet though.
Added as well. Did you already run through your one-month Gold trial?

I'm up for a little for a good 'ol co-op blood bath.

Gamertag: WillehWanks

I've noticed on sites like GameSpot that the release is on the 7th, but I've also seen the 17th.

See, I do look forward to co-op online, I'm just a little disapointed it's going to be in this style of run n' gun which doesn't make me pop a boner unlike my friends. I re-watched another trailer today, the one where after going through 3 continous stages of ''SHIT GET TO COVER! WAIT, NO NEED, YOU HAVE UNLIMITED AMMO!'' the trailer finally got good at the end when some huge ****-off spider errupted out the ground, Starship Troopers style! Now that looks cool.

I think I'm going to have to avoid all GoW threads till it's released here in Australia on the 26th. :(

IGN Weekly has a lot of new GoW MP footage. Some more of my reservations have been relieved after seeing this. The older MP footage I saw was run 'n gun like typical TDM but this seems like it could have some real potential if a team works together.

Who thinks I can just walk into bestbut/target/walmart tonight and just pick up a copy? the places around me arent really pre-ordering... so i was thinkin of going tonight before they close, and maybe go to wal-mart at midnight....

Who thinks I can just walk into bestbut/target/walmart tonight and just pick up a copy? the places around me arent really pre-ordering... so i was thinkin of going tonight before they close, and maybe go to wal-mart at midnight....

You got a pretty decent chance at finding it at some general stores. I'm pretty sure the initial shipments will be more than enough to cover preorders and walk-ins.

Thanks Amish, just watched the whole thing.

This game is going to rock @ LANs, it's a shame basically everyone who goes to your Xbox LANs don't have a 360 yet. :(

I guess I'll just have to convince them to get a 360 like I did to get the original Xbox. :D

I want Guitar Hero 2 now as well. Jack Black got owned by whoever that incredibly cute girl is. :eek:

After watching even more footage elsewhere and remembering co-op my excitement has risen quite a bit for this one.

Question - Is there Split-screen co-op or is it just online? I'd really like to be able to play with my roommate and before now I just thought it was online (been hearing mixed things).

EDIT: Is there health in the game or is it like a COD2 kind of system where you just have to take cover until your health recharges?

TBH, I've never had a problem with finding latest games with just a walk-in on the day of their release...

I'll be getting GoW for XMas hopefully :)

Our gamestop here is getting there copies around 2pm on the 7th and giving them out on the 7th.

I'll have a copy tommorrow and will post pics if you guys want.

Heh, why not! :)

Get on MP and tell us how it is...

Ugh, I really want this game, but can't waste the money. :(

I was hoping some place would have it out tonight right before they close just for the morning :p no luck at wal-mart (guy didnt even know wtf i was talking about)... target, bestbuy, ebgames... nothin... guess i will check tomorrow and hope they get a clue as to what im even talking about, lol

I was hoping some place would have it out tonight right before they close just for the morning :p no luck at wal-mart (guy didnt even know wtf i was talking about)... target, bestbuy, ebgames... nothin... guess i will check tomorrow and hope they get a clue as to what im even talking about, lol

They never do :LOL:

Back