Girl takes Tylenol; skin falls off

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34952768/ns/today-today_health/?ns=today-today_health?GT1=43001

D:
Eva Uhlin’s nightmare began as a fever and a viral infection, and a recommendation that the teenage girl take acetaminophen to combat the symptoms. Then her face fell off.

That is not an exaggeration or a joke. One day, Eva was a normal 15-year-old Swede on vacation with her family. When she came down with a virus, she took acetaminophen — the generic equivalent of Tylenol — and when the symptoms got worse, she went to the hospital. The doctors told her to take more acetaminophen.

When Eva’s parents brought her back to the hospital the next day, her face was a mass of watery blisters. When a doctor touched them, the skin sloughed off on his hands.

For a teenage girl with dreams of becoming an actress, it was devastating for Eva to see her skin falling off and her face and other parts of her body covered with oozing sores and ugly scabs. But she told Lauer that she got over her initial horror quickly.

“I was so determined that I was going to get through it and get better. When you’re in there, you just have to deal with it,” she said.

Too lazy to read closer, did she get plastic surgery or did it heal back okay naturally?

Eva Uhlin’s nightmare began as a fever and a viral infection, and a recommendation that the teenage girl take acetaminophen to combat the symptoms. Then her face fell off.

i know i shouldn't laugh but this line. THIS LINE.

Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide after he had sacked the famous town of Troy. Many cities did he visit, and many were the nations with whose manners and customs he was acquainted; moreover he suffered much by sea while trying to save his own life and bring his men safely home; but do what he might he could not save his men, for they perished through their own sheer folly in taking Tylenol, and hence did their faces fall off.

Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide after he had sacked the famous town of Troy. Many cities did he visit, and many were the nations with whose manners and customs he was acquainted; moreover he suffered much by sea while trying to save his own life and bring his men safely home; but do what he might he could not save his men, for they perished through their own sheer folly in taking Tylenol, and hence did their faces fall off.

I didn't lol until I saw this.

swedish girls are hot
until their faces fall off

However nobody can guarantee you it won't fall off again. Making long term relationships somewhat stressful.

this story is so damn APPEALING I have to read more!

also i'd hit it ;)

but i'd have to make sure i didn't have any Tylenol in my system because hey you never know!

If it's a guy: Thread's full of puns.

If it's a girl: jverne puts serious thought into the consequences of befriending and dating her. Then her face fell off.

She'll never have to worry about a Halloween costume being more than a drugstore away.

I would date that girl, and then put tylonel in her food the night she broke up with me.

Too lazy to read closer, did she get plastic surgery or did it heal back okay naturally?
It healed back, but it's permanently sensitive to sunlight, it peels off, and she has to take eye drops.

226595face-off-posters-tm.jpg

^ I see what you did there...Travolta has the same disease.

Maybe she can act in a remake of "Face Off"

Sounds like a job for Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D.

so the doctors where like

doctors: " give her that stuff"

mother: "but look what happened to her face after taking it!"

doctors: ".............give her more"

Swedes.
They react terribly to medicinal items.

This can only mean one thing.

It's good to see she got through this without loss of face.

It would have been hard for her to face up to the realty of what was happening to her.

You guys are just awful, but I know it's all just internet fun. I mean, I doubt you'd go up and make such jokes to her face.

Except maybe you Sulkdodds, you're just plain unpredictable like that.

It looks like she was exposed to high doses of radiation. Only time will tell if she gets cancer

Back