Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a fact of life that can't be changed in the short-term because it's a cultural disease.

Your great great great grand children will hopefully laugh about it when they learn what their ancestors used to do.

Question from jimmg: "So miss, are you telling us that they used to just own guns for no particular reasons? Why was this problem so prevalent in America?"

Answer from the sexy futuristic teacher: "Good question jimmy (see me after class /licks her lips). Historians aren't entirely sure why american culture in that period of history was so ****ing retarded. Countries all over the world had restrictive gun policies and the gun crime was so much lower. We just don't know. It was some kind of mental illness. Men with small penises felt so powerful when they'd shoot a gun. We believe it was an addiction problem"

I personally believe americans are generally scared shitless little fearmongerers so they arm themselves to the teeth. Both personally and militarily.

At any moment an Iranian terrorist could invade your home. Defend yourself. At the drop of a coin a liberal government may come to power, overthrow it with your weapons.

*sorry for the blatant straight shota reference, that stuff rocks

lol if it were me saying those things I'd have have been crucified by now by our small but rabid pro gun community ..you on the other hand may recieve a few "hmm you have a few points there"

so rant on, brother, rant on.. I'm ranting vicariously through you :)

I personally believe americans are generally scared shitless little fearmongerers so they arm themselves to the teeth. Both personally and militarily.

My dad has a lot of weapons, from hand guns to rifles to shotguns, and I love to go shooting (we only hunt cans and clay pigeons), and we've never had a problem keeping our weapons under control and we've also never had to use them.

However, I am surprised with the amount of people who have never shot a gun before. Almost all of my friends haven't even held a gun before, and when I take them to go shoot some cans (just so they can say they did) they always seem to nervous around the gun.

I know there's other people who own guns, but I'm just saying that none of my friends own any. And I live in alabama....the state where we're supposed to go out one the weekends into the woods in our pickup trucks wearing our KKK hats to kill some deer so we can bring it home and have our women cook it for us and when we're done eating we give them a hearty beating before drifting off to sleep.

I'm just saying, I believe the amount of weapons floating around sorta gets exaggerated. It sounds like you think everybody has a 20 gauge behind their front door.

there's 223 million firearms in the US as of 1995 ...I'm sure there's more now ..the population is around 300,000,000 ..you do the math

however I remember reading a stat somewhere that said someting to the effect that 60% of gun owners owned 2 more guns

My dad has a lot of weapons, from hand guns to rifles to shotguns, and I love to go shooting (we only hunt cans and clay pigeons), and we've never had a problem keeping our weapons under control and we've also never had to use them.
This is the cultural disease i'm talking about.

It will be laughed at in generations to come.

Take as much offence to it as possible. This behavior is symptomatic of a lower form of life. This is the shit i should see on documentaries about 3rd world countries. Not the fricking world super-power.

"And now the tribe ventures into the forest to hunt. This is mainly done for recreational purpose"

lol what are those loincloth wearing primitives thinking!

(do you wear a loin cloth?)

there's 223 million firearms in the US as of 1995 ...I'm sure there's more now ..the population is around 300,000,000 ..you do the math

however I remember reading a stat somewhere that said someting to the effect that 60% of gun owners owned 2 more guns

Yep.

The only people who own and use guns in my area are the hunting yokels, who on average own several guns. People purchasing handguns for protection is actually pretty rare, at least in my group of peers. And in any case in the suburbs you'll mostly see just one or two families that keep a revolver locked away in a cabinet somewhere. It's only in the inner city that you see the highest number of handguns, automatic weapon and gun crime.

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

You basically suck at arguing any sort of point. Pointlessly insulting people you disagree with in this sort of way just makes them more certain that you're totally wrong.

Yep.

The only people who own and use guns in my area are the hunting yokels, who on average own several guns. People purchasing handguns for protection is actually pretty rare, at least in my group of peers. And in any case in the suburbs you'll mostly see just one or two families that keep a revolver locked away in a cabinet somewhere. It's only in the inner city that you see the highest number of handguns, automatic weapon and gun crime.

If you really live in Texas, you're misinformed about your neighbors. People in suburban and rural Texas have guns, and lots of them, and probably the highest amounts in areas that can boast very low crime rates.

a) Please just edit posts if you need to add onto them, Doubleposting is annoying.

b) Provide evidence plz

c) I don't see Mr-Fusion calling anybody homosexual anywhere.

c) I don't see Mr-Fusion calling anybody homosexual anywhere.

Try pushing the back button.

Guns are ****ing retarded and so are all the people who demand to carry one. It's a ****ing shit hobby to go and shoot brick walls and target ranges. GAY GAY GAY Hobby.

And for the people who pretend to be "survival hunters". Well that's just even more gay. Yes even the people who use guns for peaceful purposes (trying to feel powerfull with a device that creates a loud noise).

"lets go to the forest to hunt"

Pure, utter, retardation.

Don't negotiate with terrorists, gun lovers and scientologists.

So we have "****ing retarded," "****ing shit," "GAY GAY GAY," "even more gay," and "pure, utter, retardation." It's not even worth my time to read a post like that.

Oh, whoops.

I see his point though... or rather, I don't see the point of everybody having guns and that somehow magically drastically increases how safe I am.

You basically suck at arguing any sort of point. Pointlessly insulting people you disagree with in this sort of way just makes them more certain that you're totally wrong.
Arguing a point?

You can back in time 500 years and try to argue with people that the world is round. You can't argue. You just have to treat those people as uneducated morons. Victims of the time and culture they exist in. It's not entirely their fault they're so stupid.

That's how i treat you. Like a lower form of life. I won't argue. I'll just criticsize you until my throat is sore. Your beliefs are idiotic.

Sorry mate.

Oh, whoops.

I see his point though... or rather, I don't see the point of everybody having guns and that somehow magically drastically increases how safe I am.

If he tried to make that point in between *'d out words and capitalized "gays," I didn't bother to look for it.

I'm not going to try to convince you that if your country suddenly brought back the gun rights its stripped away, you'd be any safer. Unless of course you got yourself one and had two brain cells to strike together to learn how to use it properly, you probably wouldn't notice a positive difference in your level of security. If you lived in a bad neighborhood things could get worse.

I simply don't believe that the government should ever be allowed to restrict firearms and the people's right to self defense, the same way that I believe it should never be allowed to tell us what not to say, intrude on our privacy, or start a foreign war. Any of the above can arguably improve the security of the nation, but it costs us a lot more in the end. The single place where we differ is you don't believe the right to self defense is in any way comparable to these other rights, and I do, as do enough of the people in my country that it is treated with the same level or reverence (which I'm sorry to say, in the case of just about all of our rights, is often not nearly enough).

That's how i treat you. Like a lower form of life. I won't argue. I'll just criticsize you until my throat is sore. Your beliefs are idiotic.

Okay. Hopefully you have a steady supply of lozenges.

On a more humourous note, our rights to self-defense would be much more awesome if ninja-training was much more widespread and available.

Oh, whoops.

It doesn't, no one claims it does, it increases the safety of the individual who owns a gun, and has little affect on your safety.

Arguing a point?

You can back in time 500 years and try to argue with people that the world is round. You can't argue. You just have to treat those people as uneducated morons. Victims of the time and culture they exist in. It's not entirely their fault they're so stupid.

Sorry mate.

Your way of arguing is stupid you behave like a 11 year old boy.
Just because people have a hobby that includes guns/target practice that doesn't make it idiotic people like you shouldn't be allowed to discus such topics since you clearly lack any form of maturity.

It doesn't, no one claims it does, it increases the safety of the individual who owns a gun, and has little affect on your safety.

Ah. So I am more safe the more weaponry I carry; but the people who are weaponless are less safe.

Logical extremity is to arm everybody. :/

(The Logical Extremity arguement is not a good argument for anything, but I find it amusing.)

Ah. So I am more safe the more weaponry I carry; but the people who are weaponless are less safe.

Logical extremity is to arm everybody. :/

(The Logical Extremity arguement is not a good argument for anything, but I find it amusing.)

No, in cases where the individuals are responsible for their own safety, on their own property, those who have guns would fare better than those without. There is no reason, why people should definitely own a gun, but there is no reason why under such circumstance they definitely shouldn't.

It's about individual choice, and there is no reason to prohibited most people owning a gun, just because you may not want one.

Let's play Logical Extremity with that arguement!

If it's all about choice, let's let everybody murder people! It's oppressing freedom to not let people murder each other just because it doesn't suit my morality core.

:/

I see why this arguement comes up so much, it's right on the border territory between 'It threatens us all!' and 'Freedom for all!'.

Let's play Logical Extremity with that arguement!

If it's all about choice, let's let everybody murder people! It's oppressing freedom to not let people murder each other just because it doesn't suit my morality core.

:/

I see why this arguement comes up so much, it's right on the border territory between 'It threatens us all!' and 'Freedom for all!'.

That's just stupid. Clearly if you murder someone else you're infringing on their rights. Logical extremity is nonsense.

I said that in the first post I mentioned it. :/

So let me get this straight: you are pro-gun, or pro-choice regarding the ownership of guns?

I said that in the first post I mentioned it. :/

So let me get this straight: you are pro-gun, or pro-choice regarding the ownership of guns?

pro-choice, if people want guns they should be allowed to have them, except the crazy people.

Who defines crazy?

Serious question.

But if the majority of people could get hold of a gun, then it would be absurdly easy to get one from da streets or whatever.

People say that cho chung nutter shouldn't have been allowed to buy a gun, whilst that is true, he could have got one anyway 100x easier than in the UK.

The fact is, the UK is a safer place without guns right now. If they were legalized we'd have alot more murders, the streets would be more dangerous, more chavs would get hold of them - my god how terrifying a prospect is that. The reason our murder rate is significantly lower than the Yoo ess of ay is becuase it's significantly harder to murder someone.

It wouldn't really affect 'da street', firstly legal guns are about 20 times more expensive, secondly if regulated properly it would be quite noticeable, if legal firearms were leaking onto the the black market.

Guns don't really affect murder rates, intent is a large part of murder, it's not that hard to kill someone if you try. Chavs probably couldn't afford a legal gun or pass any kind of background checks, of course not everyone in a tracksuit is capable of murder.

Do you want me to compare murder rates between legal-gun countries and non-legal gun countries? Or even better, do you have the stats?

There isn't any point, guns don't cause intent.

Are you just saying that becouse deep down you know that it will work against you? Its not really difficult to realize that people who has easy access to firearms is more likely to murder simply becouse those without may feel it is to difficult.

Are you just saying that becouse deep down you know that it will work against you? Its not really difficult to realize that people who has easy access to firearms is more likely to murder simply becouse those without may feel it is to difficult.

Lets compare gun control to rape statistics, countries like South Africa and America, will do worse than countries like the UK, so statically we can conclude guns cause rape? Maybe there is an underlying social problem behind crime, or maybe it's just because of guns or maybe video games.

Murder is not such a light hearted action, if it was there would be dozens of other factors, than access to gun that could put them off, the weather, distance, having to go up stairs etc.

gun stats prove that you're far more likely to be killed by someone you know rather than a complete dtranger ..simply possessing a gun or knowing somone who has a gun puts you at more risk than the threat of being surprised in the middle of the night by someone attempting to steal your home stereo ...seriously all of you who keep harping on this justification need to get yourselves a dog ..no one is walking into my house in the middle of the night without my dog taking a chunk out of him
about 75% of my friends own guns and not once did any of them have an accident. This is a culture war, and our gun culture should not be fooled around with. The right to own a gun is simply what a free society in America is about, I don't know about you but I don't like being told what I can't do. The last thing I have to say is that just because we live in the modern world, it doesen't mean that we wouldn't stand a chance against the military. The Soviet Union couldn't defeat the Afghans in the 1980's and they had some of the best weapons in the world. The Afghans used WW2 guns too, it proves that if our heart and soul is strong enough then nothing can stop us. Victory does not come at a high price though, but we would win in the long run if we make the right decisions.

As do Kitchen knives and just about every tool I can think of.

Kitchen knife: Short term range weapon; may cut, slice, stab; wounding in rare cases may be severe.

Gun: Whatever calibre, whatever make or model (unless it's nerf or paintball), delivers a high-velocity small-sized object directly into human tissue. Wounding is the norm; killing is likely.

Hmmmmmm...

about 75% of my friends own guns and not once did any of them have an accident. This is a culture war, and our gun culture should not be fooled around with. The right to own a gun is simply what a free society in America is about, I don't know about you but I don't like being told what I can't do. The last thing I have to say is that just because we live in the modern world, it doesen't mean that we wouldn't stand a chance against the military. The Soviet Union couldn't defeat the Afghans in the 1980's and they had some of the best weapons in the world. The Afghans used WW2 guns too, it proves that if our heart and soul is strong enough then nothing can stop us. Victory does not come at a high price though, but we would win in the long run if we make the right decisions.

So freedom to own deadly weaponry + the ability to defeat your own military with the power of heart. I'm sold.

Kitchen knife: Short term range weapon; may cut, slice, stab; wounding in rare cases may be severe.

Gun: Whatever calibre, whatever make or model (unless it's nerf or paintball), delivers a high-velocity small-sized object directly into human tissue. Wounding is the norm; killing is likely.

Hmmmmmm...

Actually statistically you're quite likely to survive getting shot, and a knife is more than capable of killing someone. I still doesn't matter, if either are used by someone with sufficient intent to cause harm to another person or kill them, that's what is going happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back