Half Life (movie)

Reaction score
Okay before any 1 says this is never going to happen.... oh well it is. I'm making it, Valve can't sue me because I'm not selling it. It's there story. So I guess it's a fan film!:D
Besides Valve actually might like this idea.

Okay how many people here have seen Vantage point......
My idea for our movie, is where it starts out at the end of the day, (in op4) There's a Helicopter in the air flying away from the canyon/mesa. The nuclear bomb explodes coming from the ground. Taking down the helicopter! Then the date, time, and place, flash across the screen. Then time seems to rewind. to the very beginning of the day. The time flashes across the screen. This first 7-10 minutes of the movie would through the perspective of Gordon Freeman. Starting from the tram, till the Resonance Cascade. Then time rewinds again... And starts at the beginning of Barney Calhoun.(don't know if I spelled his last name right:hmph:)
So from the tram till he gets on the elevator for the Resonance Cascade.
Then guess whats next. Rewind time to Adrian Shepard.
From Drills at the Marine base to him being shot down toward BMS.
Then it continues from Gordon's perspective.
There will be a few scenes with Kleiner, and Eli.

But that's my plan! I've began writing the script a few days ago. So It's still in preproduction. I thinks it's a great way to make the H-L story into a movie. Vantage Point style! :) So criticize if you must. I'll Post the first draft, of the script in about 2 months! I'll update!
Here's a link to my site

http://www.freewebs.com/gildias/

er, ok. ive not seen vanishing point. you making a storyboard too?

and on your website you've mispelt Cheap I think. You've written Cheep.

Actually, that's a quite feasible way of scripting out a HL movie, if the ideal HL movie would feature all main characters. Sure, I endorse it.

The only Half life Movie i want to see is strictly that of one that takes place during the 7 hour war and nothing more.

using characters that have nothing to do with the game, only make reference to them. maybe a cameo from a small roll character from the games.. but i dont want to see any of the main characters in a movie. I wanna she awesome shit go down in the 7 hour war.. and i want Valve to direct it..

thats the half life movie i want to see happen.

er, ok. ive not seen vanishing point. you making a storyboard too?

and on your website you've mispelt Cheap I think. You've written Cheep.

lol :rolleyes: fixed, thanks, for letting me know!

It's Vantage Point, not vanishing point. :E
And yes, i will have a storyboard.

And when ever this gets done. And if the people like it, I will make another Called (Half-Life - 7Hours)

sorry to pick, but youve also misspelt forums. you wrote fourms.
or was it intentional?

anyways, good luck man.

No one will take you seriously with that website. If you want peoples help, first impressions count (sadly).

But good luck on your venture.

It's Vantage Point, not vanishing point. :E

k lol. Ive not seen that either.

but ignoring the legality of what you claim to be undertaking/embarking upon, to make a film/movie thats a "Half Life movie" as you describe...and im guessing you mean IRL??? jeez. Crashing helicoptors... thats expensive! Im pretty sure the movie ideas been discussed to death in these forums. Have a search around and see. Try to work something out in garrys mod or something.

this will never WORK* but best of luck

*EDIT (sorry ;) )

never this will but luck of best

That made just as much sense as Reflex.

Anyway, you might want to have someone go through and edit your script and fix grammar errors... or learn how to write with proper grammar yourself before you pitch a script. If Valve can't read it, it's bound to fail.

:) I'm not pitching it to valve. and it's going to be CGI or Garry's mod edited to the most realistically possible, for the helicopter. or mini model!
Sorry for some grammar issues. I'm in 9th grade, go ahead flame me for being a teen. :hmph:
My studio is very talented. I have great actors(really)I'm very good at visual effects/acting/directing/writing. So a few grammar mistakes oh well.

No. No. No. NO. NO. NO. NO.

These threads about proposed Half-Life movies only end in excessive tears and bloodshed.

Hi everyone Im new here,

I think this guy should definately play the G-man in your movie, he's the prime minister
of my country Denmark :
anders_fogh.jpg

we've gone over this a million and a half times and im sorry, there has been way better proposals for just about every character in half life .. especially G-man

I'm sorry, but this sounds really really really really really stupid and boring.

Vantage Point wasn't even that great. Its been done before, better in fact, and most of the movie was pretty boring.

Hi everyone Im new here,

I think this guy should definately play the G-man in your movie, he's the prime minister
of my country Denmark :
anders_fogh.jpg

He looks like he wants claw away at my insides. I feel cold now.

Welcome.

I agree vantage point sucks.... But that was the story. I'm taking a similar style, It would work for this story. It was originally going to be a machinima. but my friends and I talked....
Please just give it time. ;)
If you guys want, give me some suggestions. I'll take most of them :cheese:
ps. I'm not using any actors from any Hollywood films..... (Famous people)
The actors I'm trying to get are great. If they will be in the film it would make it 10x better.
I'm playing the role of Gordon
My friend Garrick(Great Actor) is most likely playing Shepard
My other friend Sam,(Pretty good Actor) hopefully Barney
My Friend Adrian (Great Actor,funny) maybe Dr. Issac Kleiner
then there's Extras for zombies, aliens, scientists, security guards

Right now we are about to begin filming a StarTrek parody in January(I didn't write, I'm editing/Acting as a Red Shirt!

:) I'm not pitching it to valve. and it's going to be CGI or Garry's mod edited to the most realistically possible, for the helicopter. or mini model!
Sorry for some grammar issues. I'm in 9th grade, go ahead flame me for being a teen. :hmph:
My studio is very talented. I have great actors(really)I'm very good at visual effects/acting/directing/writing. So a few grammar mistakes oh well.

So... You're not trying to make money off of it, and you're still using Valve's story, but writing your own script... Though you lack the ability to form a sentence correctly you have written a script based on this great storyline... Let me first ask, however, where might a Freshman get the supplies necessary for such an endeavor? Not meaning to sound rude, but this does seem very "daydreamy," as in, sounds like something you though of and wanted to try out without properly understanding what is required for it...

Now, I don't know what your plan is, or what you're going to do to make this, but I'm inclined to be suspicious on weather or not you really know what you're doing.

Yes I do know what to do. I've been an a intern at news channel, I have a film teacher.
I'm great Visual artist, Actor, Director. I have a High Quality camera, It won't be another doom movie ;) Trust me. (I'm not another Uwe Boll :cheese:)

I messed around with the HL story for awhile. And I finally found a way to make this story work, as a movie.
Some of my other Ideas:
Was to make minisodes 5-10 minute long, about The entire Half Life Series, a setup kinda like lost. With Flash backs of BM incident, all the Characters would be able to have special episodes about them, and only them.:p

And don't worry you aren't rude. I can see why you(or anyone else) would think that. I'm a teen that has come on to a internet forum, and said I'm making a movie on one of the best video games of all time. Showing no proof of anything, I've done or know how to do.... Understandable. But like I said before, If anyone has a Idea they think might be cool in the movie, post!

My Plan:
Preproduction
1. Finish script
2. Edit script
3. Draw storyboard
4. Read through with actors
5. Find locations to film
6. Set dates to film
Production
7. Film, Film, Film
Post production
8. Edit shots
9. Add transitions
10. Add any overlay effects
11. Record the mini model of Helicopter
12. Add Muzzle flare, flashes
13. Any other effect
14. Watch movie with crew
15. Twig any footage that doesn't look right
Distribution
16. Release onto internet

Half Life movie??
Hm.... that will be awesome.
I think that we should report to Hollywood about this. :cheese:

The only Half life Movie i want to see is strictly that of one that takes place during the 7 hour war and nothing more.

using characters that have nothing to do with the game, only make reference to them. maybe a cameo from a small roll character from the games.. but i dont want to see any of the main characters in a movie. I wanna she awesome shit go down in the 7 hour war.. and i want Valve to direct it..

thats the half life movie i want to see happen.

Thats the expansion pack i wanna see, not the movie :p

So... You're not trying to make money off of it, and you're still using Valve's story, but writing your own script... Though you lack the ability to form a sentence correctly you have written a script based on this great storyline... Let me first ask, however, where might a Freshman get the supplies necessary for such an endeavor? Not meaning to sound rude, but this does seem very "daydreamy," as in, sounds like something you though of and wanted to try out without properly understanding what is required for it...

Now, I don't know what your plan is, or what you're going to do to make this, but I'm inclined to be suspicious on weather or not you really know what you're doing.

Come on now, lets tone down the criticism to a cooler level. He may really be into making a movie on HL, so let him :). Everyone starts somewhere, i mean, you can't expect a speilberg film judging from his budget. If we get a lego movie out of this, well, hey, at least he tried. BTW, don't judge someone from their posts they make on a forum, everyone forgets correct punctuation here...

[/QUOTE]Come on now, lets tone down the criticism to a cooler level. He may really be into making a movie on HL, so let him :). Everyone starts somewhere, i mean, you can't expect a speilberg film judging from his budget. If we get a lego movie out of this, well, hey, at least he tried. BTW, don't judge someone from their posts they make on a forum, everyone forgets correct punctuation here...[/QUOTE]

;) lol.... I know you were just giving a example, but it's not legos live action = )

OFF TOPIC
I just noticed..... Okay so the Gman, G=Gordon (Man)=Free(man)
hmmmmmm..... Gordon from the future? LOL sorry for going off topic just had to say. = )

The H.E.V. Suits did have a helmet. Don't worry, it will only be on in the test chamber. :cheese: he puts it on right before he enters and takes it off after he leaves and see's the first dead body.

How are you planning to create the test chamber? Greenscreen? If so, are you going to use the enviroment from the game (that would look terrible) or create it from scratch using some sort of 3d modeling program (that would take months to do right)?

green screen. make a mini set ;)

worst case scenario, green screen BM source, chamber.

Well, I'm actually looking forward to this :) good luck. Also, have you ever worked on a similar project before? Can you show any of your previous work in movie making?

Back