Halflife2.net Minecraft Server

It might have to be until tomorrow or sometime until it's up and running.

The server is up and operational, but doesn't yet contain our world file and all our whitelist information and stuff. He said I can send him that stuff and he'll get it all working properly and I sent it off to him, but he hasn't responded back yet. Will have to wait until tomorrow for him to get it done likely unless he's busting his ass currently working on it.

At any rate, don't expect the server info or anything until I get back from work tomorrow at 8:00 central time. Gotta work two hours late.

Sucks, but the downtime will be worth it when we get this all working without one of our members dying trying to keep it running.

^ Thanks!

In the end it's worth the wait, resulting in less lag and downtime.... as well as reducing strain and dependency on one of our members.

^ Thanks!

In the end it's worth the wait, resulting in less lag and downtime.... as well as reducing strain and dependency on one of our members.

Yep. It'll also reduce my strain too if I don't have to do the minecraft overviewer stuff myself.

Apprently there was going to be a price increase or something(for new customers only) and we might have slipped in shortly before that was implemented, so we might be clear of it. I don't know any of the details on that price increase though, and hopefully we'll have avoided it in the long run.

I found out the info from his blog posts.

http://mynecraft.com/info/mynecraft_blog.aspx

"The site needs a lot of work, but then again so do the servers. So what's to be done about it? I'll get to all of it eventually I assure you. You've all known for awhile now that I plan on raising prices (for new customers only), yet I just haven't had the time to work on mynecraft.com. Create a new order form, add content, etc. The servers are more important at the moment, as well as connectivity for them."

EDIT:

This guy is a ****ing champion.

Tim,

I've been working on porting everything over, and preparing your map for the new server. You're certainly welcome by the way. This was supposed to be a "project" to help the Minecraft community, and it's turned into a full-time job. I enjoy it.

As for support, you need not worry about it. You're neither a pester nor bothering me. It's my job, and I'm glad to be doing it. Anytime you need any help just let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

Glad to see they're dedicated and have the hardware for it.

Alright... well he hasn't finished it yet, or at least hasn't fired off the finalized e-mail for it. I'm going to go to bed now. Stayed up extra late to try and wait for it so I could give you guys the info.

So there won't be any news updates from me on it(unless I have it in my inbox when I wake up) until at around 8:00 PM Central US time.

Alright... well he hasn't finished it yet, or at least hasn't fired off the finalized e-mail for it. I'm going to go to bed now. Stayed up extra late to try and wait for it so I could give you guys the info.

So there won't be any news updates from me on it(unless I have it in my inbox when I wake up) until at around 8:00 PM Central US time.

it'll be worth the wait, thanks for all that your doing Raz and Hokey, we'll always remember how much you sacrificed for Minecraft

Thanks for setting everything up Raz, and thanks again to Hokey for hosting it until now (also Veg for hosting the overview). Much appreciated. :)

...let the countdown begin!! T-Minus 3 hrs amirite??

Hey guys. I'm home now.

He says he got it done, but the Minecraft servers themselves are down yet so I haven't been able to check it yet.

EDIT: of all ****ing nights, why tonight?

Login appears to be up now. Any updates on the server?

EDIT: Apparently minecraft.net is under a DDOS attack.

Yup, DDoS, wonder what the motives are, aside from the obvious to crash the servers.

Personally, if I was the one going to all the trouble to get botnets and shit to DDoS him, I'd try to like at least blackmail him or something, like say if he doesn't pay me a certain sum I'd continue acquire new botnets to **** him up.

They are attacking the site because they are upset about a lack of updates.

Bunch of angry kids if you ask me. The comments section on his various blog posts, make the community look like one of the worst there is, even WoW has less whining.

I'm sorry but when you pay for early access to an Alpha, you have to be prepared for bugs and a dodgy update calendar, especially when it is an indy game with one person actively updating it (Who has been pretty honest with his reasoning), this spoiled brat behavior just makes them look frikkin nieve.

Sadly given the nature of the servers, when the toys leave the pram, we all have to suffer.

Is our server up yet? I tried the IP in Hokey's Sig, it just gives me "timed out, end of stream" error.

Or maybe i'm off the whitelist? I dunno.

I'm trying to get it all resolved. I honestly don't know what the deal with it is. I'm opening up a ticket with mynecraft and seeing if they can figure it out.

This is entirely frustrating guys I know, and believe me I am way more stressed out about this than you are(and I'm currently sick, ugh) and so I'm trying everything I can to make sure we can get it working and have it up and operational for a good long time. I really want it up by friday evening or sooner without any more of these issues.

It's certainly a shaky start, but I just ask that you please bear with it for now. I'll post information when it seems to be back up.

I'm trying to get it all resolved. I honestly don't know what the deal with it is. I'm opening up a ticket with mynecraft and seeing if they can figure it out.

This is entirely frustrating guys I know, and believe me I am way more stressed out about this than you are(and I'm currently sick, ugh) and so I'm trying everything I can to make sure we can get it working and have it up and operational for a good long time. I really want it up by friday evening or sooner without any more of these issues.

It's certainly a shaky start, but I just ask that you please bear with it for now. I'll post information when it seems to be back up.

Was it working before mate? Maybe he released an update, since all the internet posts i've read say that if you get the error I had you need to update the server jar file.

Anyway, i'm sure you'll sort it out. I wasn't being pushy, was just gonna poke my head in and make sure warped hadn't moved my castle block by block to confuse me.

PS Get better soon dude.

Seems logging in is now working... However, I'm getting "connection refused."

Been playing single player over the last few days and experimenting with minecarts.

lol I wouldn't do that!! but maybe 5 years from now if we're going to close the server we can rig our castles with TNT together and blow it all to hell!

They are attacking the site because they are upset about a lack of updates.

Bunch of angry kids if you ask me. The comments section on his various blog posts, make the community look like one of the worst there is, even WoW has less whining.

I'm sorry but when you pay for early access to an Alpha, you have to be prepared for bugs and a dodgy update calendar, especially when it is an indy game with one person actively updating it (Who has been pretty honest with his reasoning), this spoiled brat behavior just makes them look frikkin nieve.

Sadly given the nature of the servers, when the toys leave the pram, we all have to suffer.

Hmm, true, checking comments etc it does seem that people fear they've been "lied to" and that now that he's starting his own commercial company he will abandon Minecraft.

Not saying I agree with these opinions but I can in a way understand their concerns, that doesn't justify being assholes though.

It's ironic that this came like exactly a week after his success was chronicled in Sweden's biggest newspaper.

The fact that the update he was already working on is now behind schedule thanks to these morons should say it all.

Hmm, true, checking comments etc it does seem that people fear they've been "lied to" and that now that he's starting his own commercial company he will abandon Minecraft.

Those people are illiterate or have severe issues with reading comprehension, though.
Minecraft.net said:
Although we are very passionate about this project, we cannot guarantee that it will be completed - that's why we offer the discounted price
When you purchase the game, you pay for it as it is right now. Future updates are an added bonus.
If I remember correctly, you're automatically redirected to that page when you go to purchase.

If I remember correctly, you're automatically redirected to that page when you go to purchase.

I just clicked Purchase to check it out, I was directed to PayPal to confirm my purchase with my credit card.

Weird, could have sworn I saw it without having to go specifically to the ToS section.

Are there still some things you guys need to smooth out, or am I just not on the whitelist anymore?

Username: d00t (those are zeros, by the by)

Just in case.

You're on the whitelist, for sure. Server is just having problems.

I haven't been able to log in since it's been up.

Hey guys. Read the *IMPORTANT* minecraft server thread. I posted up the new connection info.

EDIT: There is an issue where we don't have the items we had... but we'll have to deal with that ourselves. Since nobody had anything to do with this, I'm not opposed to admins giving people items back that they had in inventory if you guys are all cool with it. I'm not making any of these rules.

At spawn on the path where it normally was I put two chests in the middle of the road with a sign... there are lots of diamond pickaxes, shovels and axes in them. Please take only one of each. We'll see about getting other items to people if we can, but if they are able to suck up that loss and push on it'd be for the better... just less trouble for all. The diamond tools would help you acquire that stuff again.

It also reset admins, so it's just me so far (and Raz, obviously). I'll probably be heading to bed soon, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow to reinstate everyone else. Try not to go too Lord of the Flies until then. :)

Could you add me to the whitelist? My handle is creamyelephant
Added you.

Cool we have a server again.

And about that glitch about breaking chests. It appears that you do get your items back if you break a chest. It's just that a duplicate for each item is created, and you can't pick up the duplicate. So it just looked like you can't pick up your stuff.

successfully logged in, grabbed myself one of each tool and now i'm back digging again. so far so good.

So is we can't get out stuff back then we just ask the mods to replace whatever we lost?

Any progress? Just wondering what's going to happen when this Halloween update hits.

Server is back up... as I posted in the other thread, don't expect miracles. I fully expect it to have the error again, but we'll see.

And if it just happens to be one of you DDoSing our server, cut it out you dick! :p

UPDATE YOUR BUILDINGS MORE OFTEN, GODDAMN YOU. THE ATTACKS WILL NOT CEASE UNTIL WORK HAS RESUMED. :frown:

Back