Halflife2.net Minecraft Server

** AtomicSpark picks random Minecraft thread to put this in

So I finally encountered the "furnace noms your shit" bug. It seems that when the furnace rotates (do to whatever cause) and was active, it'll still appear to be active and empty. I fixed this by causing it to rotate back into its original position. Either by breaking a furnace near it or placing a guide block where the back used to be. I haven't extensively tested this, since this is the first time this has ever happened to me, but if this happens to you, you might want to try it.

Holy use of comma batman!

Could you whitelist my friends? Don't worry, I'll watch them closely.

Amaranthus
rwwmc

sure is non hl2.netters around here

So are things back to normal now? Can I come back?... I've been all alone with my un-immortal picks and annoying ability to die.

How do you view the google maps thingy for the server?

Atomicspark said the server has been lagging heavily last night, with server crashes that revert both the world and player inventories. Has this been happening for anybody else?

Atomic, is it a localized inventory reset for you, like I used to experience all the time on Hokey's server? Connection socket type issues?

It went weird on me a few times this morning - it either wouldn't connect, or it would spawn me in an empty void. It even failed to load a chunk once, and I was stood on the sheer edge.

I have to go to work. There's a possibility the server IP might change in the upcoming days. Remember that you can always connect to the server instead with raziaar.mynecraft.com

I know, if I had my choice I would have made it something hl2.net related, but I couldn't.

I was having inventory problems last night with all the crashing/lag. With each login it would change to the last inventory I had either one or two logins previous, so my inventory was always shifting, but the stuff I build never had issues.

I had some inventory problems but far more frustrating is when you mine blocks and the blocks reappear a few seconds afterward. It's very unnerving and disorienting.

Atomicspark said the server has been lagging heavily last night, with server crashes that revert both the world and player inventories. Has this been happening for anybody else?

Atomic, is it a localized inventory reset for you, like I used to experience all the time on Hokey's server? Connection socket type issues?

When the server crashed, I didn't get any errors. Minecraft just showed its background with nothing else and I just closed it and started over. Never had connection issue messages when trying to connect.

Still incredibly laggy with random disconnects.

I played for a while the other day and it was terrible.

It was doing that thing where you can see through the chunks, just like you can walk to the edge of the map. I walked to the edge and I was able to jump off the edge and into a cave below. Then I fell out and under the map.

I reconnected and started digging up some stone and 20s later it was putting them back!

Yeah, I jumped out of the map yesterday because it didn't load a chunk. I fell into the abyss.

I've sent in a "request to reboot"

Seriously, I have to make a request that some person has to manually reboot the server? Argh what the hell... this isn't what I was told and what I read about it... clicking the button didn't do anything, so I can only assume nothing has been done, or without my knowledge a request has been placed for one of them to manually reboot it.

Argh.

EDIT: Well, it kicked me out of the game... so maybe it did do it automatically. We'll see how it is when I get back in.

It's working fine for me after that, but honestly I don't know.

This whole thing is extremely frustrating.

If this continues, I'm about ready to swallow the $40 if I can't get a refund and give you guys all of your donations back.

I've been playing for about 20 minutes and the lag seems to have ceased.

Got a response from my support ticket.

We're aware of this issue, and are working to correct it now. There will be an update to this issue soon.

Thanks,
Mynecraft Support

I was able to connect for a moment, however it only downloaded blocks up to (about) 16 blocks away. So I disconnected and tried to reconnect, and am getting time-out errors.

mynecraftsucks.jpg

I can't even get into the server at the moment.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was reading about how the whitelist was broken and was wondering if I could get on early.

I think that problem was fixed a week or so ago.

I can't even get into the server at the moment.

I got home and I checked the website.

This new message is on the control panel area. This must

If you're getting this error, your control panel is being upgraded to the beta release. As soon as it's operational, you'll get an email. Sorry for the inconvenience, and remember this is not new news.

It's a big upgrade too, you'll love it. With it comes a lot of new features.

If your server is down right now, it's because we're making the transition on your server. Your domain will remain the same, but your IP will change. all of this will come in the email shortly.

If you want to get ready for it, go download Mumble. Voice chat is now here!

Thanks,

Mynecraft Support

I really really really really really really home the damn control panel stuff is ACTUALLY released now. there's things I've been waiting for, thought I would have already had for a long time now... so I can better operate the server myself, and receive the server files and stuff when I want to send them out(atomic requested it earlier). And mostly, I just want things to calm down and be good!

Server appears to be down or the domain hasn't updated. Know what the new IP is?

The domain won't update. It'll stay the same. The IP might be changing... but if it's down, it means they're still doing stuff to it.

When I have new info I will post it, trust me.

Server has been down constantly, admin features aren't working, upgrades and fixes take forever. I hate to say this, but I'm about to jump ship and start over elsewhere. There are plenty of friendly, and even free servers out there that have 95%+ uptime.

This isn't a dig at anyone here, I really do appreciate the efforts that have been put into this server (Hokey, Raziaar, etc...), however pretty soon it's going to be "game over"

Server seems to be up again. Still requesting whitelist if mine got lost amongst the server outage complaints.

Server has been down constantly, admin features aren't working, upgrades and fixes take forever. I hate to say this, but I'm about to jump ship and start over elsewhere. There are plenty of friendly, and even free servers out there that have 95%+ uptime.

This isn't a dig at anyone here, I really do appreciate the efforts that have been put into this server (Hokey, Raziaar, etc...), however pretty soon it's going to be "game over"
I'm really disappointed in the results of my efforts. I didn't realize Mynecraft was going through so many growing pains and was going to keep us down for such a ridiculously long time.

I'm bummed about it, honestly. And if it turns out bailing on Mynecraft is what we want to do, and I can't get a refund or anything, I'm going to swallow the $40 as my own personal failure(it's no big deal) and we can use the donation money you guys gave for another option. And I'll be removing myself from the process.

If it were just me, you know... my money and not dealing with your guys money and the fact that you guys have been dying to play it and deserve to play it... I'd be giving them more time, because I feel eventually they'll get things stabilized and enjoyable... and I hate the idea of bailing out before we get any good out of it. But that's just me and I understand we don't want to do that. We all miss the world and miss the amazing uptime we had when Hokey was doing it.

My efforts and choice of Mynecraft have been a real disappointment thus far.

Server seems to be up again. Still requesting whitelist if mine got lost amongst the server outage complaints.

Can you tell me your name again please?

Back