Halflife2.net Tournament Start Date and Team Draws

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
ALL ROUND 1 GAMES WILL TAKE PLACE BETWEEN 21ST AND 26TH MARCH

Between these dates, there will be 4 games of versus, organised for the most convenient times for the teams to take part. Plenty of days between those dates to players to get together. It will be captains responsibility to make sure your team knows when they are playing and available.

As I've mentioned before, the tournament is double elimination. So losing teams in the first round get a 2nd chance and can still win the tournament! If you are not familiar with this system, all will become clear when we add the draws / tournament bracket during next week.

EDIT: Bracket added - see below!!!
brackets.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I will be updating this bracket every week, and you'll need to hard refresh to get the most up to date version. (Current version from 17th March)

Lastly, temporary subs can be used if players cannot make a round in the tournament but must be submitted to me or AciD at least 1 hour before the scheduled game starts. Note 1 player cannot play for 2 teams in a single round!

Son of a bitch, I'm performing on the 25th and the 26th. Before that would be better.

...do I post that here or do I annoy Koola about it instead?

Between is the operative word here. So you still have 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th as days you are possibly available. Liaise with captains to work out the best availability.

This should be fun. I've gotta see if Kami is on my team...haven't talked to him about it :p

I figure that will be a tossup of what the other teams want. or something.

Reggie, Shamcock, and Xevrex message me on what days/times will be best for you. I hope that you guys would be good with a next friday because that would be goddamn perfect for me.

I'm going to HAVE to say the weekend for my team. I get off work at 7:00 PM CST *-5* so it will be impossible to get anything going with the rest. I say we shoot for Sunday. Team?

Which map will it be played on?

Hectic Glenn said:
Campaigns

Currently we only have 2 to play, so round 1 will be No Mercy, winner and losers in round 2 will play Blood Harvest. After this we will come to agreements between teams on the teams would prefer in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

5char

No Mercy will be first indeed.

The bracket is a work in progress and should be finished very soon. As soon as it is, we will do the draws and post them here.

Also - please see the Teams thread for details on Team Rawr and the 8th Team. Both teams now have 3 players each! http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152397

Soon be time to get your teams together, 1st match....6 days from now.

Bracket now added. See above. For player lists in each team, check here

For ease, it's essentially:

Koola Mena vs RJMC
The Brick vs nipples
Corp Sheepo vs hool10
Cyberpitz vs Kinslayer

Good luck to all!

This should be fun. I've gotta see if Kami is on my team...haven't talked to him about it :p
The best way to get someone on your team. :p

My internet has been out the past couple days, but its good to go for the tourny.

It was an honest, fair draw from a proper hat.

Also, I updated the layout of the brackets a bit. It should be easier to understand now. As always, refresh to see the update (F5)!

Well, great. Eejit will not be available this weekend apparently. Being out with his GF on Saturday, then Mothers Day on Sunday.....Can't do weekdays, so this should be interesting. May have to sub him for this round.

Hool... perhaps he'll waste his time complaining about bugs and we'll have an easy time of it.:p

Hool... perhaps he'll waste his time complaining about bugs and we'll have an easy time of it.:p
Ah but I know the tricks inside and out. :LOL: Good luck to all teams. I like when I contacted DreamThrall for his time:
5:10 PM - [HL2.net] hool10: I need to talk to you bro later. :D
[HL2.net] hool10 is now playing Left 4 Dead. Click here to join.
5:17 PM - the interrobanger‽: k
the interrobanger‽ is now Offline.

Ah but I know the tricks inside and out. :LOL: Good luck to all teams. I like when I contacted DreamThrall for his time:

:LOL: sorry about that ... someone from work was calling after we finished that game... PM me.

OMG!! Guess what I just found out, F5 refreshes the page!!! :eek:

OK, the tournament has official begun. First round matches may now be played from today till the 26th!

After matches are played captains should submit details of the match in this thread, with a screenshot. Include the winner, points total and demo file.

Good luck all.

Hoping to get a time set with Kinslayer today. I'm not sure why, but this whole "Prepairing thing" seems to be a little wonky with things like this. I think we may have to set the tourny date a little further than "OK HERE ARE THE TEAMS" :p

Always learning for next time, RITE?!

Hoping to get a time set with Kinslayer today. I'm not sure why, but this whole "Prepairing thing" seems to be a little wonky with things like this. I think we may have to set the tourny date a little further than "OK HERE ARE THE TEAMS" :p

Always learning for next time, RITE?!

Me dos. I'm hoping it's sometime later this week...

Gotta love how Steam Servers would go down for maintenance right as the first match is about 1 minute from starting.

Cheers, Valve!

So are we waiting for the maintenance do be done then?
How long do Valve usally take with that?

wts... hool told me our first match was tomorrow at 7pm EDT. :| I'm not going to be able to play tonight!

This entire match has been one big heap of fail, not through the fault of anyone in particular. Apart from Sheepo. Who didn't even turn up to his first match.

*sigh*

wts... hool told me our first match was tomorrow at 7pm EDT. :| I'm not going to be able to play tonight!

Didn't you not see it scheduled in our Steam group? It should have reminded you at 7 that it was starting now.

This entire match has been one big heap of fail, not through the fault of anyone in particular. Apart from Sheepo. Who didn't even turn up to his first match.

*sigh*

**** you, it wasn't supposed to be monday at all.

lmao, calm down. It was hool's fault, he told everyone it was tonight and tricked your team. Reggie had to panic and take over as vice captain, assuming you had gone AWOL.

When DreamThrall became confused, hool realised his mistake. So the game didn't happen, it's happening tomorrow. Seems to be some time changes, so sort them out amongst yourselves.

rofl...

That's funny. Sheepo, click your link in your sig.

Also, if you decide to change it, here is a quote from the link:

Whatever double post, I need to sort some shit out.

THE TIME I WOULD LIKE FOR MY TEAM, THE CRIMEBUSTERS, TO PLAY AND WHICH APPEARS TO BE THE BEST OPTION IS: TUESDAY THE 22ND AT 7:15 EST (12:15 GMT?)

I'm fairly sure that works with everyone on my team, though I'm not positive about Reginald. This is close to the time that Hool said would work with his team earlier, I hope this one still can. I'm seriously tired of messaging every individual person over again and finding out things one bit of information at a time every day or so.

Notice the 22nd is bolded as well as Tuesday. Just a heads up. Sheepo can't keep track of time or days or anything of the such.

ITT we learn Sheepo and time don't go together.

Back