• I have at least one hat.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I do not have a hat.

Votes: 74 68.5%

• Total voters

Shem

The Freeman
Reaction score
I decided to create this thread to determine the number of people who were lucky enough to have found a hat and the people who are not so lucky and have yet to find one, myself included. I do not intend for people to make jealous remarks at others who have items, nor do I want people bragging about what they have found.

I have included a poll in this thread, and the two options should be: I do not have a hat and I have at least one hat. I have never made a poll before, so I'm not sure how it works; please tell me if the poll does not show up.

In your post, you should include the option you have chosen, and if you found a hat, put the name of it in your post. Thank you.

EDIT: I want to apologize to the people that were confused with my original post and poll; I understand I should've been more specific about the hats. To all those who are just beginning to read: This is a TF2-related thread, and we are talking about the hats from the game.

No, but I haven't played all that much since the sniper update.

I'm surprised I haven't got any; I've been getting repeated weapons drops for a while now, I'd imagine its pretty soon.

The player has a 0.5% chance of receiving a hat every minute.

As they are for cosmetic purposes only, should that percentage be higher?

There is also a misc slot as well as a hats slot, is that for the spy's camera beard?
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Head

I have around 500 hours play time of TF2. I have two hats - demoman fro and soldiers stash.

Isn't the drop rate 3 times as likely now, due to a higher volume of hats?
I always assumed that when you earned an unlock, it choose one at random, and there was a 0.5% chance of it being one of the hats. But now there's a 1.5% chance.

Oh whoops, idiot me didn't notice that this was a TF2 poll and voted yes on hats.

I thought this was a hate poll.

I voted no.

I have exactly one hat. I own the Demoman's fro. It's great :3

Despite having over 70 hours playtime since the sniper update i'm yet to be awarded a single hat.

I know they are supposed to be special but im really pissed that haven't had any yet.

I only have one, and thats because of the new update. I got the Pyro's beanie :)

No hats, but I did snag a soldier's medal. *shrug*

I have one hat. One ****ing hat after playing at least four hours a day for weeks.

Despite having over 70 hours playtime since the sniper update i'm yet to be awarded a single hat.

I know they are supposed to be special but im really pissed that haven't had any yet.
You get 1 hat every 100 hours roughly.

I voted before I realized you were talking about TF2 hats... so while I have MANY hats none of them are apply here :(

I should be some wild amount of TF2 hours in - would love to get the rubber chicken hat for the Pryo.

I have Heavy's Football helmet, I don't like this one. I want Sniper's and Spy's hats.

I dont have any yet :(
I want the heavy and pyro hats please.

I have the trophy belt, the soldier's stash, and the glengarry bonnet.

**** I thought this was a poll about real actual hats. I have lots of those. But no TF2 hats....

Trophy Belt. Feels good mate.

I don't know shit about the new hats; I'm guessing the Trophy Belt is for the Heavy? :|

Edit:

Oops, apparently it's one of the old sniper hats. :eek:

And does anyone else get a compulsion to play a class just because you have a hat for that class?

Demoman's 'Fro.

What's the big deal about hats? It's just like a trading card. NO VALUE.

I found the batters helmet for the scout. Haven't seen any other hats since.

I yearn for the firemans helmet hat for the Pyro. I wanted it before it was announced, and I still want it. It will make the game perfect for me. Yes its just a hat, but it would just be awesome.

And does anyone else get a compulsion to play a class just because you have a hat for that class?

Now you mention it I never used to play the scout much, but the hat made me pick him up and play him a bit more. I found I quite enjoyed playing as him, he has good weps and speed and a good play style if you give it a chance, quite easy to go positive with him.

No hats yet.

I know they're only cosmetic, but I still feel the system behind them is absolute balls.

It doesn't facture in redocrded play time does it? Only I reset mine recently, and it would be a dam shame if that hampered my chances.

Also, slightly unrelated but I think the score counter's broken. I recently scored a 16 with demoman, 8 destructs, and it did register, but it now says that I only got 2. =/

I'm currently 95% done with the 1million pyro pts of damage achievement. i've been working on that a lot and having a shitload of fun in the process.

I have idled for 3 days.
I have no freaking hats.
This should tell you something guys.

I have idled for 3 days.
I have no freaking hats.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

CHEATING THE SYSTEM GETS YOU NOTHING, V-MAN

It's not really cheating if there's no ****ing benefit.

It's not really cheating if there's no ****ing benefit.

What about the benefit of getting hats?

THEN IT'S CHEATING, and not only that, but the hats are nothing, so you get NOTHING WORTHWHILE.

I've heard recently that, instead of a flat 1%-per-hour chance that you'll get a hat, you get a 0.2% chance of getting a specific hat. Which means that as more hats and cosmetic items are added to the game, the chances of you getting one actually increases, though the probability that you'll get a specific hat stays the same.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

[Note: percentages not actual percentages]

No hat. I crave one for the engie of the medic.

Played with a dude today that had all hats so there is probably a new hack out.

I got one only and it's from the old pack XD

it's the engie mining light, I would trade it for any soldier or some other hats ...

I have idled for 3 days.
I have no freaking hats.

my friend was idling for the entire summer (late june and still idling...), no hats; I don't have one either.. but I didnt idle as much lol

Back