HDR in Aftermath

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
As you many read the PCGamer Preview about Aftermath and The lost coast,
it says that Aftermath will release this summer and the lost coast will release in winter 05 which will include the HDR feature. so i emailed Gabe Newell about if HDR will make it in Aftermath. and he replaied " That's the plan. ".

That's the plan.

-----Original Message-----
To: Gabe Newell <*****************>
Sent: Fri Apr 15 13:43:53 2005
Subject: HDR in Aftermath ?

Hello Mr.Newell ^^

once again i want to say Half-Life 2 is the best game ever :p
now for my question , Does Aftermath got HDR feature ?

Thanks

Ahmed
Kuwait

w00tage

I soooooooooo hope this is true. HDR should be in all of their upcoming content and releases.

And anyone that cant afford to upgrade for it, get a job...........

my guess is that feature will probally be on the options menu "HDR Setting On or off".. so poor people like me can play after math :p

And im guessing that the same supercomputer recommended requirements will be in effect.

Gabe Newell said:
That's the plan.

I want to see an On/Off option

Cunni said:
And anyone that cant afford to upgrade for it, get a job...........

Oh yeh, because people with jobs dont have anything else to spend money on.

Jandor said:
I want to see an On/Off option

Oh yeh, because people with jobs dont have anything else to spend money on.
im sure there will be On\Off option

GonzoBabbleshit said:
it'll be off by default, and turned on via the console is my guess

If sure after making this big a deal about it that they'll bother making an on/off button for it.

lol

DigiQ8 said:
As you many read the PCGamer Preview about Aftermath and The lost coast,
it says that Aftermath will release this summer and the lost coast will release in winter 05 which will include the HDR feature. so i emailed Gabe Newell about if HDR will make it in Aftermath. and he replaied " That's the plan. ".

w00tage

lol you mean same as in "LOST COAST" right? well i hope not. HDR in expansion is just this: minimum requirements will be something like 3,2 Ghz, 1mb ddr ram and the most DX9 supported video cards

so only FEW people can play it, and ofcourse it will be stupid to put strong HDR in expansion when most of the people cant play it. hope it will be similat hdr

capteeni said:
lol you mean same as in "LOST COAST" right? well i hope not. HDR in expansion is just this: minimum requirements will be something like 3,2 Ghz, 1mb ddr ram and the most DX9 supported video cards

so only FEW people can play it, and ofcourse it will be stupid to put strong HDR in expansion when most of the people cant play it. hope it will be similat hdr
heh... I should have enough then :p

Dude, that's why you can turn it off, and it will probably be exactly the same performance that you have in regular Half-Life 2.

And secondly, HDR isn't the only thing that is raising the specs for Lost Coast so high. They are making everything extremely detailed, like textures models, etc etc

If you can play HL2 you can play Aftermath.

An on/off button is simply editing a simple menu file...

Like I can do it in 2 mins :)

Obviously it's not only the HDR that make Lost Coast requirements high. It's also things like a lot more polygons on screen, high resolution textures + bump maps, plus large landscapes and extremely high detailed models.

I'm pretty sure that they don't plan on doing Aftermath in the same quality as Lost Coast, so why would the specs be the same?

Back