Helplife2.net, why do girls take shots at you when you least expect?

McGooTheWise

Reaction score
I was recently having a conversation with a girl I know, and out of nowhere she brings up something about me that she uses to justify her entire outlook on my personality.

Just so you know, I have a bit of a gut. I've been working on it for a year, jogging 3 times a week, doing sit ups every day, but it's a drummer's gut. I usually play drums for about 2 hours a day. (Lately I've been lazy because I've been working a lot, and I'm going on vacation this week) but she randomly texted me saying:

"It has been scientifically proven that Cinnamon gets people in the mood. ;)"

Thinking she's joking because she has a boyfriend she's "in love" with, I reply:

"Well then keep your cinnamon away from me. XP"

And now her status on facebook reads "Well cinnamon is part of the reason you have love handles."

And she won't talk to me...

I wonder how long she's been saving this.

Tell your female horror stories.

EDIT: oh, yeah, she also called me a ninny cause I complain that I don't have any money for anything other than gas and car insurance. (I drive a durango, pay $70 a month on gas, make $8 an hour, and insurance is usually $700 every six months, which I have to pay for before I can get anything else.) and she's now calling me a whiner. I only told her because she lives in another town, which costs me a half a tank to drive back & forth to each time, and she wants to hang out with me every day... I'd swear she likes me if she wasn't so in love with her boyfriend.

Because women can be ****s. Just like guys can be assholes.

F*ck dat ho.

You can take that either way you like.

PMS. Seriously. It makes girls throw hissy fits over incredibly stupid things. In a week or two she'll probably be over it and possibly very embarrassed about it.

She's been doing this to me for a month or two though... We start a conversation, she'll same some off the wall shit, say something else absurd so that I establish that we are joking, I joke around with her, she takes offense, and then won't talk to me for 2 days.

...She may like me...

...But every time I hang out with her, she invites her boyfriend over, pays "Friendly" attention to me, makes it a point to make it obvious she prefers him, and then when he leaves I'm the shit again. I need more dudes to hang out with. Girls are starting to **** my shit up.

PMS. Seriously. It makes girls throw hissy fits over incredibly stupid things. In a week or two she'll probably be over it and possibly very embarrassed about it.

Or more realistically she'll be completely naive about what a bitch she was being and won't care either way.

have you've been opening up to her. like does she talk about her boyfriend to you?? i have this chick at work that keeps looking for me whenever she works just to say hi and she'll constantly strike up conversations but i've got a reputation that i am not boyfriend material and that exactly why a lot of girls hate me. i don't want to talk on the phone or talk about my day, i just want to bang bang bang. also i do listen to girls and what they have to say, but i can never remember their names. i'm so horrible at names, and people at work also exploit this to their advantage. they'll be like, "HEY DAN!" and i'll be like, "hey" and just walk away because i'm sick of screwing up peoples names.

She has apologized to me in the past for pissing me off so much when me, her, and 2 iother girls went to the mall, the entire trip I was a punching bag for them (Mind you, i went to pick them up from the town i spoke of before, and back that same way to go about 40 more miles to the mall, with gas costing me as much as it does, and they just sling comments at me the whole way. I was so pissed off by the end of the trip nobody dared say a word to me, or anyone. I threatened to slap her, in particular, because she was calling me names.

When i dropped her off she called to apologize to me, and that was that, but now she's doing it again. Ii'm not sure how many more sorrys it will take for me to get sick of her shit, but I'm betting it's a small number.

I'd vent to someone else, but it's 1:37 AM, and she's the only other person awake right now.

EDIT: I knew her for a few months, and would talk to her all the time over MSN before we ever met, and that was a year ago today, actually and a few weeks after we first met, after I was about to get up the guts to ask her out, this kid asked her out, and I have sense lost interest. I'm not sure if she knows, or cares, but she always has to make sure I know what a hopeless piece of shit I am.

I wonder if I intimidate her because I work out and am a sexy beast when I play my instruments... ;D

shes using you to get back at her boyfriend trust me.

her boyfriend is probably losing interest in her or somthing is wrong in their relationship and she's trying to get his attention back by using you.

Why continue talking to her? She sounds like a waste of space that doesn't respect you in the slightest and just uses you to satisfy her ****ed up emotional needs.

It's just rare occasions. most of the time we're hanging out she's nice to me, but in some twisted moment she'll say something stupid to me, and apologize about it later.

And nothing's wrong with her and her boyfriend's relationship, except that his grandma just died, and it has always seemed to me like I'm the emotional side of the relationship. I tell her what she needs to hear, he's the one that will actually do what she wants. He's kinda emo and down on himself all the time, and i feel like she wishes I were him, and he was me, but doesn't like me enough to want me over him...

It's a bit ****ed.

yeah dude **** that shit. you can score some tail all by yourself. i'm an stupid **** and its easy to know when your getting played or not. when she started to make fun of you, you should have been staring at the hotter chicks in the mall or started flirting with them. girls get jealous and its their weak spot. guys get angry over small things and thats their weak spot. we can take a lot of crap but enough is enough sometimes. you should set up another date with this girl and stand her up. trust me dude, disappointing girls may be hard, but she ****ing deserves that more than anything right now. also i used to travel around with 2 girls in my car a lot, and believe me, it opens up much more doors than you would believe.

and i'm not a rich guy, but at one point i was hanging with some the richest girls in town all because i hung out with a (dare i say) a younger chick who wanted my friend and i helped her out. now i've had nothing but slightly older milfs and some nasty fat chick who wants me more than another cupcake. but dude, stop living in the moment and start seeing the big picture.

I think you're right. There's a slight problem though... I tend to be shy at first. Been that way my whole life, hate it to the ends of the universe, but I can't help it. It really puts a stopper on a lot of shit in my life.

She is a bitch and you are denigrating yourself by continuing to put up with it. Stop seeing her, don't be emo about it, make sure she knows that you aren't going to be her friend if this is what it entails, and most importantly stick to it. She clearly doesn't value you, her apologies are meaningless when devalued by hypocrisy, and she will continue walking all over you if you keep letting her.

...Would it help that I've thrown a remote control past her head (purposely not to hit her) and now she's afraid of me?

Yeah, your right. I'm gonna ignore the shit out of her. By time I get back from vacation she'll be all over me.

Seems like it'd be wise to distance yourself... hard tellin'.

No matter what, though, the first step is obvious. Dump texting and Facebook. :p Should be easy since they're both trash anyway!

When i dropped her off she called to apologize to me, and that was that, but now she's doing it again. Ii'm not sure how many more sorrys it will take for me to get sick of her shit, but I'm betting it's a small number.

How about 0.

The next time she tells you cinnamon is supposed to get people aroused, tell her that bananas are supposed make the taste of semen 'better'. Then give her a hot cock sandwich.

Spooge in her hair. It'll be a bitch for her to clean it all out of her hair.

Finally, tell her you have herpes.

When I broke up with a girlfriend of mine and we got into a fight I kid you not these were her exact words:

"Fine well **** you you dave grohl looking mother****er".

I didnt know whether or not to take it as an insult, and im pretty sure Bad Hat was there somewhere, watching. Smiling.

It's just rare occasions. most of the time we're hanging out she's nice to me, but in some twisted moment she'll say something stupid to me, and apologize about it later.

And nothing's wrong with her and her boyfriend's relationship, except that his grandma just died, and it has always seemed to me like I'm the emotional side of the relationship. I tell her what she needs to hear, he's the one that will actually do what she wants. He's kinda emo and down on himself all the time, and i feel like she wishes I were him, and he was me, but doesn't like me enough to want me over him...

It's a bit ****ed.

She's using you as an emotional crutch AKA cuddlebitch. ie. you pander to her every insecurity and listen to all her problems in her life and with other men and get nothing in return. Tell her to **** off and never speak to her again. Nobody should put up with being a cuddlebitch.

Contrary to popular belief, women dont want a nice guy, someone who will always listen to them and be there for them and all that crap.

Seems like shes venting her emotions out on you, so youve become her bitch basically. #

You need to snap out of your mindset and treat her like shit, its the best way to

A - get her to shag you senseless
B - get her to stop crying on your shoulder

She has a boyfriend? If she brings that up, just say 'awww thats cute, anyway....' and continue talking about whatever it was you were talking about.

Just make it obvious you dont care about her problems. Why? Because you SHOULDNT care anyway, unless youre married, and even then its an obligation, youre just adding her conciousness to your mind, WHY!? That just leads to stress, constant thought about her and then leads to a lifetime of 'what if's and 'if only I had's. Girls cry on the phone to me and I just hang up. If she calls you up crying, tell her you dont want to hear her childish tears and reasons, call me later when youve pulled yourself together, and hang up, end of. She WILL call back. Women can be predictable just as much as men.

Its hard to transition from nice guy to a bit of a bastard when it comes to how women respond, it kind of goes against your feelings and you tend to hesitate, but it is certainly worth it. Even harder if you like her in the first place, which is always a bad road to head down.

She's a gimp, and your a bigger gimp for letting her walk over you. Forget all this ignoring bollocks, just tell her straight to stop her games or this 'friendship' ends. Dynasty has the right idea too.

What's with all the trite advice on "how to be a bastard" that always gets trotted out whenever this kind of topic arises?

If you ask me, being a **** to women because you think it will improve your dealings with them is just as pathetic and insecure as being a doormat. Standing up for yourself does not equal being a bastard, just don't let people walk all over you or use you or treat you like shit. No How2GetLaid.com pop psychology required.

If you don't have respect for yourself then it's difficult to see why anyone else would have respect for you either. It doesn't automatically follow that you should have to disrespect others to get respect yourself.

She's using you as an emotional crutch AKA cuddlebitch. ie. you pander to her every insecurity and listen to all her problems in her life and with other men and get nothing in return. Tell her to **** off and never speak to her again. Nobody should put up with being a cuddlebitch.

This, I dunno why you American dudes put up with that shit but cut it right out.

Theres only two types of girls I hang out with. Those who are just friends (I.E. can talk to about stupid dude stuff) and those who I don't know if they have a boyfriend or not.

No boyfriend = Sexcon 1

Boyfriend = might as well have told me you have no Vagina. You'll get moved to the friend that is a girl catagory if and only if you can handle not using me like an emotional crutch, if you start doing that I'll straight up tell you this is the shit you should be telling your boyfriend and then ignore your bleeting plea's for attention and emotional support tis not my job to provide.

Really though dude, there is no reason you should be this girls ****ing 24/7 convenient punchbag/pillow to vindicate her own messed up mental state.

Tell her you straight up don;t like being treated like that. If she can handle that, cool, if not, then **** it, cut her out your life.

If she doesn't change her ways she's also going to be a pain in the ass when you want to try some greener "grass" that puts out. Those types of girls just gotta have their harem of manbitches.

Also hey, general misogyny thread?
Yeah, probably. I think repiV is pretty right about "NICE GUYS FINISH LAST" also being a spurious belief; if we take "nice" to mean 'dimly ineffectual and maybe a bit emotionally manipulative' then sure, nobody wants that. But in my experience some women do want someone who'll listen to their troubles when they feel that others won't, or go out of their way to make them feel good, or give them support in a grey, uncaring world! Often enough, this person is also the person they wish to make sexes with. Actually, surprise: these are probably functions that a good boyfriend should perform.

ready for the best advice ever?

you play the drums, get a band together and find a groupie to have unprotected sex with. preferably a hood rat.

you're welcome

@VH - attention from you makes her feel important, she enjoys talking to you and sharing your company, and she enjoys the sense of emotional leverage she has over you when both you and her boyfriend are around. I'd say it's 100% certain that she knows you like her, but she doesn't respect you so **** it. Forget about her.
People generally believe that girls don't want nice guys for one or several of the following reasons:

1. The belief that basic human decency should be grounds enough for a woman to throw herself at a man; no personality is required beyond that of being "nice"
2. The belief that if a man is nice to a woman, then she is obliged to sleep with him
3. The belief that if a man is rejected, the woman clearly wants an asshole; who would reject such a nice guy?
4. The belief inherent to all humans that our own motivations are just and pure and there is truly very little possibility of us being anything other than nice guys
All of those miss the point. It's less about who gets rejected than it is about who tends to gets accepted in their favour. It's a generalisation, of course, but generalisations are often more useful than all of us wonderful, unique individuals would like to believe. I applaud your solidarity with the sisterhood of womankind, but you may as well try to argue that most men don't fall for a pretty face (and baps) either.

That's not to say I think it's sensible or acceptable to treat women like crap. I try to find a happy medium; what I do is, I hold open the door, but if they give me a dirty look I punch them to the floor, stand on their back and start slamming the door on their head and I'm all like IF YOURE SO INDEPENDENT WHY DONT YOU ESCAPE FROM THE DOOR TRAP?! BLARRRRRR

Back