HL2.net Arma 2 Ace 2 Information Videos

She's very immature. She got kicked out of school because of her attitude and such. She's going to this alternative school now for her GED.

The worst part is that she already had a kid. That's the last thing I need in my life. A miniature version of my sister.

Three, from the sounds of it.

I'd hit it.
tumblr_lg9f8vbrZ31qfsbeho1_500.jpg

If anyone didn't see the steam notification a couple hours ago, we're going to be playing an hour from now, so get ACE updated soon if you're playing.

So I was re-watching the first season of Rome, and I saw this in the opening credits.

HrBgs.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Ahahaha, that's ****ing insane.

Can I post that in the BIS forums?

Hey guys did you know that game developers sometimes know what they're doing when they name games?

Woah Badhat, I had no idea arma was a latin word!

:O:O:O:O:O:O

Well of course it isn't a reference to Arma. It's amazing because it's such a big coincidence.

He definitely thought the producers were playing Arma.

I figured it was a Latin word, and I did indeed look it up once I saw it in the intro. I found it funny just because of the enormous penis'd guy jerking off above it. Thats totally what ARMA is all about.

For anyone interested, here are some really cool tutorials on how to use the new artillery computing and firing system in ACE. It's pretty realistic, and definitely preferable to the ridiculously easy method of pointing and clicking. This actually makes firing missions require time and accuracy to set up, and thus prevents being able to just spam target areas. Watch in 720p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QmaFXw0VSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR-Q7GWK9dw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFwtt-00xro

I figured it was a Latin word, and I did indeed look it up once I saw it in the intro. I found it funny just because of the enormous penis'd guy jerking off above it. Thats totally what ARMA is all about.

Haha, true. Sorry, I didn't get that until you pointed it out.

I wouldn't waste your money on buying just Arma II. OA has so many gameplay and engine improvements. Get OA or CO.

I wouldn't waste your money on buying just Arma II. OA has so many gameplay and engine improvements. Get OA or CO.

Which are also on sale, but the discount is only 40%. Still worth it though.

I hope you guys will let me play with you next month, if all goes well I will finally have my new PC in a week or two that is finally capable of playing the game.

Also planning on buying a good headset for effective voice communications.

P.S. I own all the expansions via Sprocket, the original game via retail so I should be all set to play with you guys I hope.

We haven't played in a while due to other distractions, but we're all still interested so hopefully we (I) can get the ball rolling again.

A new session is planned for early Sunday afternoon (i.e. TOMORROW, NZ), around 1pm EST. Stay tuned for more details as I get more info from people.

So I've just been informed it's mother's day tomorrow. My bad. I'll see how everyone's available, given the circumstances.

OK, just gonna call it off. Four time zones, in addition to late notice, in addition to mother's day shenanigans, makes for impossible scheduling. At most it would be me, Krynn, Vegeta, and BH confirmed, but only after 3pm EST (and BH's busy in the morning, so he can't play until much later). I'll be more proactive about this for next weekend.

If I know about it in advance I can probably show up whenever, it's usually when you guys have an impromptu session and I slept in or something that I come in late.

But yeah, organizing as many people as we have now can't be the easiest thing, so I ain't complain' or nuffin.

If you guys do play today, I guess I may be able to join in a bit later- but don't count on anything.

ArmA 2 Session v17

Saturday, May 14, 2011
AKA Sunday, May 15, 2011 in NZ

@

600 NZST, 2100 CET, 1400 EST, 1300 CST, 1200 MST, 1100 PST

Update ACE the first thing Saturday morning, as Friday's update could have a hotfix. Please be ready on time.

Majority of members confirmed. Only member I haven't been able to contact is Phoenix.​
s65N7.jpg

Oh, so you just assume that I can make it? "Oh hay Krynn's just a dog and never has things to do on a Saturday lolol!" Jerk.

But seriously, I might be like an hour late or something. I may or may not be playing Flames of War starting at noon, and a game of that could take 1-3 hours.

It takes you 1-3 hours to chew up all the pieces?

Whaaaat? You're my loyal companion! You're the most reliable, dependable friend a [strike]man[/strike] gamer could have!

Yeah my bad. 9/10 times I ask, you say 'any time afternoon on Saturday'. Guess not this time. ;(

The only reason I might be playing Saturday is because I didn't play on wednesday because the store we play is moving, so we had to find another place temporarily and **** you Vegeta.

That first video was awesome. Like an even creepier STALKER.

Found a great zombie mission that requires no mods.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14211

Let me just say, it looks awesome. I tested it out for about 10 minutes, and it's scary and immersive as hell. We're going to have a real fun time with this.

9udHz.jpg

(adjusted brightness for visibility)
Takes place on Chernarus, in the early morning before the sun is up. Fog and darkness in the woods, very great atmosphere. Zombies randomly spawn as we try to get to the first objective.

Each player has a different starting loadout:

9RpcT.jpg

Notice some of the people have no weapons, specifically the ones who have useful equipment like a map and gps. Note that the weapons are mostly pistols, and we have limited ammo. Really raises the tension and excitement.
There are additional weapons at the first objective, from what I saw.

When you get hit by a zombie you get this little red gash on your screen, you can heal it with a bandage. If you get 2 slashes without healing, you die.

We gotta play this this weekend.

Back