How much music do you have?

How much music?

• Total voters

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
Wait for poll.

Me: 16,088 tracks, 120gb

On my Macbook at the moment, I have 31.30 GB, which is 15.5 days worth according to iTunes and it acounts to 4956 tracks. This is selected music only, so basically only stuff I move from my external harddrive that I really like because I have to compensate for space on my Macbook.

I have no idea how much is on my HDD. I comb the files every once and a while and delete quite a fair whack of stuff I don't listen to anymore. No time for dead weight.

2,997 tracks, 14.7GB.

I'd have more but I end up deleting all the music I don't like. Apparently I have very specific tastes.

5,760 songs (including mixes) totalling 80.58gb in size and 43 days.

10.55GB, so I guess I should have voted 10-20GB instead of the lower one. I always end up deleting stuff I don't listen to anymore. That coupled with my tastes, and the requirement that I must like more than one song on an album to keep it, makes for a somewhat small collection of music.

5,9 GB in computer, quite a lot of CD's, MD's and even good old tapes.

100GB, and it's weird but the more I get, the more I feel I'm just scratching the surface of what's out there. I think the illegitimate channels (the prominent ones at least) have a broad but also limited range to offer... leading me to go more legal in my searches.

There is sooo much amazing music to be found, new, old and very old.

24gb. I delete some stuff if I really don't listen to it anymore, but mostly I just tend to listen to the same stuff a lot before growing bored of it. Always trying to expand my borders, but I hate buying CDs as they're generally overpriced and create clutter, and digital download options are pretty limited here for the time being. Also, like Dinkle pointed out, the "illegitimate" channels are pretty limited once you get to the lesser known stuff.

My my music folder is 1.41gb and it contains 128 single tracks (various music) and 11 albums. On my phone I've got 161 tracks, but it could probably store up to around 200. No more than that, though.

My my music folder is 1.41gb and it contains 128 single tracks (various music) and 11 albums. On my phone I've got 161 tracks, but it could probably store up to around 200. No more than that, though.

Man, how do you guys cope? I go through like 200 songs a day on shuffle or otherwise.

I dislike shuffle. It's very unfriendly towards the kind of music I listen to (i.e. album rock).

Also, I don't listen to all that much music on my computer. A few tracks in Audiosurf, but mostly cd's and lp's.

I monitor my shuffle playlists. Right now, my 'Weekly Downloads' playlist is running which at the moment is seven or so albums that I'm really enjoying or feel that I need to listen to more.

Far too often I dismiss an album by it's opening, or I find a real good track at the start of the album and I neglect the rest, so shuffle is a good way of hearing more of the spectrum. Or at least it is to me.

I have about 40 gb but that's all stuff I actually listen to.

There's a difference between having it (probably illegally) and actually listening to it once in awhile.

Just cause I have 120gb of music doesn't mean that I don't listen to all (or at least most) of it. I delete stuff that I know I won't listen to... I just have very broad, diverse tastes and spend a lot of time listening to music. At least half of my 120gb is obscure electronica.

What Ennui said. I don't listen to it all every day, or every week, but because I'm spending most of my day in my room then I'm going to be listening to music, and the larger the range, the better if you ask me.

Used to have tons on my computer, till my harddrive died a year or so ago. Now I just have a ton of CDs.

13.7gb, ~2285 tracks

Generally, however, I only listen to Muse and Smashing Pumpkins. The rest I listen off Youtube

About 30 gb.

This is my new computer. Old one was around 50

over 9000

Edit: I lied, about 20 gigs, most of it I don't even listen to.

11.1 gb, but My Documents folder is over 20 GB cause I have ripped several movies. :D

1717 songs, 4.7 days, 9.29GB.

Voted 10-20GB though, to be correct for the future.

I just delete stuff that i don't like so that it doesn't come up on shuffle and i have to skip it.

Around 85 albums that I actually own, which is just on 4gb, which is around 950 songs.

5gb - 911 tracks

Mostly favourite songs from albums I already own

probably 70% from albums I got and the rest of course I dont have on cd or anything, usually bands where I only like the odd song.

Just over 50gb, 211 artists, 707 albums and 8061 tracks

4.8 GB

Wow, that's really low. I remembered at least having around 50 gigs earlier in my life.

Most of what I listen to is on CD any way and I don't bother ripping them.

Yay, I have a big collection of rock. My storage of music is now more than 100GB. Now I need an external HD to store them :devil:

I have around 160 albums on CD, so between 15-20 GB in medium quality MP3 form, but in flac would be significantly more than that. I buy all the music i like, and tbh i prefer not to listen to music on my computer, but to play it on my hi-fi system.

I'm over the 100 GB. I have a stupid number of CDs tbh, so much so that I've pretty much stopped buying music now.

I have something near 2 terrabytes of music (I'm not exactly sure what, I just know that my 2 tb external HD is nearly full), I guess about 450,000 songs. I stopped counting a long time ago.
I haven't paid for any of it because I wrote and recorded them all myself, and my oeuvre covers pretty much every existing genre, but the bulk of it is of a dozen or so completely new styles I created myself.

Back