I hate people who claim to have OCD

I would think the best they can do is grade my education, but I don't know, maybe there are questions that can judge intelligence.

Now I want to take one, just to see what the questions are like.

Raziaar said:
The fact of me not going to get myself officially diagnosed has nothing to do with me not feeling it's severe enough for me to get it officially classified. I don't do it, and haven't done it, for a plethora of reasons.

First of all, what is it going to accomplish? I can get medical papers saying I have it. Big whoop, what's that going to accomplish? I can receive medical treatment for that. What does that ****ing matter if I won't be able to afford it?

If it can be diagnosed, it is a step forward rather than believing you have it (with any degree of certainty, high or low). You could tell whoever is counseling you that since medical treatment is expensive, you could try other ways of dealing with OCD. If I'm not mistaken, psychotherapy and other treatments are available for OCD that do inolve very little medicine or none at all. So what's it going to accomplish, I guess it's up to you... but the way I see it, you'll at least be taking action to do something about it.

Raziaar said:
There's also the issues of my severe difficulty in operating functionally in the outside world. If I have difficulty going to the store and being around people, or any other place in the public, why am I going to spend the time being in a cramped doctors office with people up in my personal space which I have severe problems with?

Because shutting yourself out and trusting nobody is not going to help you out. I don't feel fully functional in the outside world either, at least not even close to some people I see. In my case, this is one of the more complex problems, and if I refused to seek help and be in natural social environments, I would never learn to adapt and trust myself/others.

Raziaar said:
I have other medical problems that we have not been to the doctors to fix. It hasn't exactly been a tactic of my family throughout my life to go to the hospital or the dentist or any other medical care practitioners to get things diagnosed.

I haven't been to the dentist once in my entire life. I can guarantee you I have cavities. But would you not believe me unless I did go to the dentist?

The difference between OCD and having cavities is big. OCD takes longer to diagnose, for one. If it represents a problem to your health, then I feel like it's probably time to see a doctor. If not, I'd try to find some sort of social outlet, where I'm not thinking circularly in negative patterns.

Raziaar said:
I mean, there's the whole other issue of my mother suffering from severe bipolar disorder. And me suffering throughout my life with varying levels of depression, usually severe. But I have no reason for others to believe I actually suffer from chemical imbalance of depression because I haven't been to some ****ing expensive doctor to diagnose it? That's total bullshit.

So... you do have issues. Forget doctors. How can you move on with an afflicting problem touching upon every aspect of your life?

Can you please tell me what other possible condition could be causing the things that I do?

I mean shit... I didn't just stop and go, shit, look at this OCD shit! It looks pretty serious. I think I'll just start doing things that make me and others around me think I have OCD.

I and the others around me observed the weird and time consuming shit that I do, and that's how the opinion was formulated.

I mean hell... if there's another reason for why I do the things with my fingers... that I have been bitching about for YEARS on these forums... other than OCD, I would love that.

If there's a reason why I sometimes sit at my computer desk when I'm typing something and I end up hitting the letter g, holding shift and tapping the left arrow to highlight it, pressing control c to copy it, pressing backspace to clear it, and repeating that process for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT, several times a day... I would love to know what it could possibly be.

It's such a destructively rigid rhythm that I do and I can't stop it unless somebody actively tells me to stop it, or a certain amount of time passes. Vegeta is usually the one who tells me to stop it because apparently it annoys him when I do it while we're chatting... which makes me just want to disable the whole "show users I am typing a response" thing.

I'm not exactly sure if you're kidding or not, but the highest IQ recorded is about 167, apparently it gets hard to quantify scores past 145.

And I think that's the biggest problem I have with IQ scores. From what I remember of my human developmental course I took, an average IQ score for a person is about 100, and at 125 was the 'genius' label. So I just think it's weird that pretty much everybody says their IQ is over 125.

I just opened up the first forum result on google for 'what's your IQ' and here are some answers:

I am not kidding. I have been to a psychologist and have it tested, and yes, the result was 160. I don't know how accurate it was though. And it's not a very useful scale anyway.

Also, I believe the most intelligent recorded person of all time was William Sidis, although he was never tested.

All IQ tests measure is your ability to do IQ tests.

I think everyone has little mentally unfit quirks that (Tyguy and Raz excluded) do not necessarily mean we have a disorder. For instance, whenever I lock my car or close the fridge, I take a few steps and then have to go back just to make sure it's locked/closed. But that's my only weird thing; it's probably a symptom of OCD, yet I would never claim to have it.

For instance, whenever I lock my car or close the fridge, I take a few steps and then have to go back just to make sure it's locked/closed. But that's my only weird thing; it's probably a symptom of OCD, yet I would never claim to have it.
You're probably not paying attention and just need to make a mental note that you've closed or locked it. Saying it out loud would help you remember. "Ok, I've locked the door."

You're probably not paying attention and just need to make a mental note that you've closed or locked it. Saying it out loud would help you remember. "Ok, I've locked the door."
Weird. I just realised I have no problem being sure that doors and windows are closed and locked, but if I actually tell myself "Ok, I've locked the door" then I won't be able to relax until I've checked it at least twice.

Weird. I just realised I have no problem being sure that doors and windows are closed and locked, but if I actually tell myself "Ok, I've locked the door" then I won't be able to relax until I've checked it at least twice.

lol, I'm scared I'm going to pick up some of these habits after reading about them here. Like I'm afraid it's contagious. Especially the shit Raz has. D:

I'm sorry I gave you a new problem.

Main screen turn on.

For a few years whenever I was walking down a path, I'd determine an average amount of steps that I need to take on each square, or whatever.

Then after that I must make that exact number of steps on each pavement, if I give it one extra step, I try to do one less step on the next square, etc. etc.

When I was way younger I used to constantly spell words to myself, and flick my chin with my fingers for each letter. I tried to think of as many words as I can that consisted of 5 letters.

I wouldn't call it OCD, or anything, they're more weird habits, my world doesn't come crashing down if I can't make up for the steps on squares, or if I make it to my destination on an odd amount of foot-steps.

Ever since I started smoking weed, it stopped.

Ever since I started smoking weed, it stopped.

amen to that brother...a few hits do the job usually and i'm completely relaxed and my mind is at ease. Only problem with that is the lack of food in the morning :p

Just wanted to stop in and point out that CptStern is a ****ing piece of shit.

Go ahead, ban me. I just made the account to say that.

Ok, but why revive an old thread for it? He still posts new ones and he's still a fool.

Yeah, why this thread of all the others?

yeah bro why this thread of all the others liek the Kony thread you could have posted it in the Kony thread

were you raised in the projects or somwething LOl youre a dumpass go get f*cked and post in the kony thread then maybe we can be friends?

I knew I'd seen this thread before!

Edit - edited some spelling mistakes because I'm OCD like that xD

it's like looking into a time machine. I was reading it then saw my name and was like, 'wtf, I haven't responded to this thread!'

lol, Saturos. This thread is from the good old days.

When I was a young sprocket at school, I had to line up my subject folder/book up with the other stuff on the desk in front of me like pens, pencils, rulers etc. so they were all straight and neat.

When I make a cup of tea, I put 1 sugar in before the milk and 1 sugar in after, despite that I know this makes no difference to the taste.

When I drink from a bottle, I count the swallows and I always make it an even number.

These are things that I do. I couldn't give the slightest f*ck whether it's classed as one thing or the other and I don't think I will ever understand why people care about such irrelevant things as people calling certain stuff OCD when it might technically not be. Why was this thread ever made? Priorities, man.

Also, LOL at the Stern account. Seriously?

Just wanted to stop in and point out that CptStern is a ****ing piece of shit.

Go ahead, ban me. I just made the account to say that.

Thanks for bringing your menstruation into the forum where everyone could enjoy it. Maybe next time you'll grow some balls and address him to his face.

Oh, and if I find out which your regular account is, I'm banning that one too.

His real account name is CptStern. He told me so.

Jesus. I thought I created a thread in my sleep. Nobody uses my old threads as an FU to Stern but me, damnit.

Honest to God, I would be so flattered if I was Stern. I wish I still got crazies coming out of the woodwork with spam accounts entirely devoted to bitching at me. Of course, once upon a time, knghenry did just that with a succession of sulkdodds-derivative accounts. I was worth spamming, then. Now look at me. I'm all washed up. Nobody would bother to do that anymore.

Honest to God, I would be so flattered if I was Stern. I wish I still got crazies coming out of the woodwork with spam accounts entirely devoted to bitching at me. Of course, once upon a time, knghenry did just that with a succession of sulkdodds-derivative accounts. I was worth spamming, then. Now look at me. I'm all washed up. Nobody would bother to do that anymore.
Man how many accounts did he have? I can only remember like two of them.

Unless Krynn was right, and Stern made that account himself. That would be just sad.

STERNCEPTION

I hate people that say this too.

I once watched my neighbour check her car was locked over 30 times returning to her car 5 or 6 times. If it wasn't for her husband she'd still be there now...

Someone that used to work at the store that I currently work at had the same problem, had to constantly go round the car and check that the doors where locked 3-4 times before heading inside. I have done it once, but for me it was because I had a major memory lapse, and I just could not function properly for the entire day.

I don't think this is OCD, but the same guy always had to park at the same parking bay, no matter what. So he would always become frustrated when someone else had parked there; half the time it was another colleague.

I hate people.

I feel uncomfortable talking to people hence I'm usually quiet and bottled up

Thanks for bringing your menstruation into the forum where everyone could enjoy it. Maybe next time you'll grow some balls and address him to his face.

Oh, and if I find out which your regular account is, I'm banning that one too.

Could be someone who stumbled across this in a Google search or something and read it through.

I'm not sure what Stern did in this thread alone to warrant that. It seems highly unlikely that some randomer did this based on this thread alone, when you consider how hated Stern is by a few people here for much more than just this thread (like for example me, I don't really care about him in this thread)

Cool kids self diagnose themselves with 6 different cool diseases.

I have 10 myself on the weekdays and another 5 on the weekends :getout:

I'm considering making an appointment to find out if I ADHD, since not only do I present all of the psychological signs, but the physiological ones as well.

I realize this is an incredibly old thread, but as a child, I was actually sent to the mental ward for taking a knife to myself, where they eventually diagnosed me with sever OCD.

Ironically, none of my doctors have ever actually diagnosed, or even mentioned it. Maybe they just see it in my file and don't bother. Oddly enough though, it doesn't seem to bother me, although I seem to have a lot of moments now where reflecting on my past actions makes me think to myself "Dear lord, maybe I DO have OCD after all..."

I realize this is an incredibly old thread, but as a child, I was actually sent to the mental ward for taking a knife to myself, where they eventually diagnosed me with sever OCD.
WAT

No guys, he has sever OCD. He has a compulsive need to sever things. They found it out when they caught him trying to sever his hands.

Back