Ideas for next GTA game, what do you want?

Yes that should offer enough storage, but the 360 uses DL DVD's(8GB) which also holds back the PS3 version. And i'm afraid it'll take another 2-4 years before the 360 gets replaced :(

Well maybe they should do the same as what they're doing with Agent, & make it PS3 exclusive.

Well maybe they should do the same as what they're doing with Agent, & make it PS3 exclusive.

Or even better: PC exclusive.
PC seriously needs some good exclusives(which utilize high-end hardware) so people might finally see why it is better than current-gen consoles.

Or even better: PC exclusive.
PC seriously needs some good exclusives(which utilize high-end hardware) so people might finally see why it is better than current-gen consoles.

Yeah but having a GTA game on PC makes it about 50% less fun & Rockstar have always said PlayStation was their favourite console.

Bring back the military, miniguns, flamethrowers, tanks, planes, and apaches.
All with GTA IV physics and vehicular destruction. Which is the most incredible, realistic vehicle destruction I've ever seen in a game.

I imagine flattening cars with a tank with this kind of detail and drool.

EDIT> Also, bring back unorthodox weapons like screwdrivers, chainsaws, and hammers. (Vice City's hardware store)

Better yet, just remake Vice City with the Rage engine.

WTF? What's wrong with a version with great graphics, normal aiming and alot of modding potential(SA-MP for example)?

Oh crap I'd forgotten about Mods, my bad. But still, there's just something I prefer about playing GTA (or any Thirdperson Shooter for that matter) with a Playstation controller.

Also, bring back unorthodox weapons like screwdrivers, chainsaws, and hammers. (Vice City's hardware store)

+ Golf Clubs, Katana's & Meat Cleavers.

EDIT> Not to mention what can be found in San Andreas: The Mystery Weapon/Gift that's found in the mens shower at the Cop Shop.

What's so great about vice city(compared to SA)?
Ugly graphics, death when you fall into the water, terrible driving physics, lack of fun, small world, not much to do etc etc

I would also like if Rockstar put some level editing mechanics in the default games, anyone who has played SA-MP on a good stunt server will agree with this.

Ugly graphics, death when you fall into the water, terrible driving physics, lack of fun, small world, not much to do etc etc.

*gasp* How dare you!? Vice City was THE most amazing game for it's time. Maybe San Andreas was bigger, but nothing can replace the nostalgic feeling of GTA Vice City.

Someone told me that Rock* had already decided to remake Vice City with the RAGE Engine, he claimed it was on their website. but I haven't heard about it since, so nevermind.

Ugly graphics, death when you fall into the water, terrible driving physics, lack of fun, small world, not much to do etc etc
The Rage engine would take care of the ugly graphics and the terrible driving physics (which, to be fair, were pretty much the same as SA's). Small world, sure, but it was the most well-created GTA world yet (including GTA IV). Also, a game being a port doesn't preclude it from having design changes, so who knows what Rockstar would add to the game?

Besides, it had the best weapons, the best vehicles, the best story, and the best setting. Barreling down the highway, firing an SMG out the window of a sweet muscle car while blaring "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls, only to ramp off of an enormous staircase as you jump out, launching the car into a police cruiser and causing it to explode while you beat a homeless man to death with a hammer? Second to none.

I'd be in favour of a Vice City remake/re imagining. I agree about it being the right size. I found San Andreas too sprawling/time consuming to finish.

Half life 1 takes place sometime between 2000 and 2009, and HL2 takes place ten or twenty years later.

A flamethrower, customizable cars(in depth),...and DLC that takes you outside of the original map. I was disappointed that GTA IV didn't expand liberty city. A trip back to Niko's Homeland would have been awesome.

It is? What year is it set in?

Half-Life is set in 200X (An unknown year between 2000-2009)
Half-Life 2 is set about 20 years after the events of Half-Life.
Hence the future.

"50,000 people used to post in this thread, now it's a ghost town" - Cptn. Macmillan, Call of Duty 4.

Did I kill this thread?

"Shit! What the hell happened!?" - Unnamed SAS Soldier, Call of Duty 4.

Seriously where is everyone?

Well this was one of my favourite threads to post in & there's no one to talk to anymore.

But whatever.

Well this was one of my favourite threads to post in & there's no one to talk to anymore.

But whatever.

Don't listen to him, there isn't a rule about bumping old threads.

:rolling::imu::bounce:OR IS THERE?? :bounce::imu::rolling:

It isn't even that old though anyway. It's still on the page.

I want tons more and better varied vigilante missions.

I'm talking tough stuff. Like heavily fortified compounds with boat loads of guys.

I want some highway robbery type missions where you have to attack and stop convoys. Whether they be armored cars for money, or important figures visiting the city... or rapper posses and stuff like that. Randomly generated, dynamic car chases and battles. That's one thing I feel all the games have lacked... enough dynamic car chases.

It isn't even that old though anyway. It's still on the page.

That's because this forum is fairly inactive. That doesn't change how old it is.

It's irrelevant anyway, because bumping a thread with "where is everyone?" is totally useless. If the thread is still on the page then bumping it won't make it any more noticeable. Except to people like me who will slit your throat.

I'll tell you what I ****ing want...

A GTA IV Just Cause type hybrid... GTA IV vehicle physics and shit... Just Cause 2 ability to grapple, parachute... and stunt jump onto vehicles. The stunt jumps though, would be controlled heavily by euphoria when you make leaps to other vehicles and shit.

Would be sweet.

GTA-VC-cover.jpg

I'll tell you what I ****ing want...

A GTA IV Just Cause type hybrid... GTA IV vehicle physics and shit... Just Cause 2 ability to grapple, parachute... and stunt jump onto vehicles. The stunt jumps though, would be controlled heavily by euphoria when you make leaps to other vehicles and shit.

Would be sweet.

And with Assassin's Creed's free running and Red Faction's destruction and set it in Nazi-invaded France!
The_Saboteur_CoverArt.JPG

And with Assassin's Creed's free running and Red Faction's destruction and set it in Nazi-invaded France!
The_Saboteur_CoverArt.JPG

GTA IV - 98 Metacritic
AC2 - 91 Metacritic
RF:G - 85 Metacritic
JC2 - 84 Metacritic

Combine them all and what do you get??

The Saboteur - 72 Metacritic

More is not better!

=================

Universal Acclaim |90-100|
Generally Favorable Reviews |75-89|
Mixed or Average Reviews |50-74|

For the most part, I would like a tropical-ish setting. Something like Vice City (Miami) or Los Santos (Los Angeles). Liberty City felt dark and cold all the time (it was damn pretty though). Maybe that was their intention.

Back