Image Dump III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been 'making' that movie for years. Last I heard of it was just after Phantom Menace came out and they were thinking about using young Anakin as Ender. That movie ain't happening, which is all the better.

lol just like that Duke Nukem game that's supposed to come out

I'm almost afraid to ask but what did you people think of Speaker for the Dead?

it was ok, not the same kind of book though. I liked shadow of the hegemon better.

I read all the books. I liked Speaker and Xenocide the best (besides the orignal), and the one that bean tells is also very good.

All the ones set on Earth with Brazil and India as world powers suck tremendously though. Orson scot Card was too obsessed with certain topics, most notably the settings of Brazil and Virginia. He should have stuck with space-themed sci-fi and laid off the geopolitical tom-clancyish garbage that was shadow of the hegemon.

Get your book/movie talk outta my image dump!

First up, Depressing images:

1194154345093.gif

1194159931543.gif

1194145441479.jpg

And then Hilarious images to lighten the mood again:

119368675623.jpg

1194070823569.jpg

1194158847127.jpg

I had a worse one, but it made me extremely sad whenever I saw it, and im not sure if people would appreciate it being posted. It was 2 real pictures of a dead person covered up with a sheet, but the guys hand was hanging out, and in the first picture his dog was walking up to the guy and about to nudge his hand, and the second pictures was of the dog just sitting next to his owner looking incredibly sad.

I say post it, maybe in spoiler tags...? Powerful images are amazing and deserve to be shared.

I had a worse one, but it made me extremely sad whenever I saw it, and im not sure if people would appreciate it being posted. It was 2 real pictures of a dead person covered up with a sheet, but the guys hand was hanging out, and in the first picture his dog was walking up to the guy and about to nudge his hand, and the second pictures was of the dog just sitting next to his owner looking incredibly sad.

This one?

62n4i02.jpg

Yeah thats the one. I saw another picture though where the dog was nudging/sniffing the guys hand too.

Hum.."Policia".. Can't think of another language besides mine (portuguese) that spells police like that

edit - perhaps brazilian, but i'm not sure if they accentuate letters like that "i" after the P

lmao that was almost like an image thread version of doctors deliberating the best way to tell someone they've got a terminal illness, then a rookie intern shouts "**** THAT", punts the door open and delivers the news with a megaphone.

lmao that was almost like an image thread version of doctors deliberating the best way to tell someone they've got a terminal illness, then a rookie intern shouts "**** THAT", punts the door open and delivers the news with a megaphone.

:\

No... just no...

lol couldnt resist to notice the mac. Can anyone make a better verison?

comjp4.jpg

not a fan of the transformers (too ghey) but this costume is pretty awesome

transfomers_costume_by_orudorumagi11.jpg

My girlfriend wanted to be Bumblebee from the Transformers movie for Halloween this year. So I made this costume for her. The costume is made of different types of foam materials, duct tape, velcro, and vinyl sticker sheets. She is also standing on 10 inch stilts that I also made.

Darkside55?

I can never read comic strips in the right order :(

That would be about $170919400000000 back then.

I remember dreaming of being able to afford a 20 meg hard drive for my C64/SX at about $2000. Along with an uber-l33t 1200 baud modem. I had to settle for 5-1/4" floppies and a 300 baud behemoth. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back