ipod says boom

Stingey

Reaction score
About 20 minutes after I plugged my ipod nano in the charger I heard this funny wizzing sound and noticed the thing started to smoke. A very interesting second later the whole thing pretty much combusted. I managed to throw the ipod on the floor before all my paperwork caught fire. Good thing I was around I guess. What the hell am I supposed to do with the burned out remnants of my ipod? :/

http://i.imgur.com/sHODS.jpg

haha, apple and their battery shenanigans.

Can you bring it back to an apple store/electronics shop and let them know what happened? Perhaps get a replacement?

Only if it's still under warranty.

I'm amazed it took THAT long for it to happen....

I'd be certain they replace it, this is incredible bad press potential for them.

You should of let it burn down your house so you could sue Apple for all that it's worth.

You underestimate Apple's greed.

You underestimate Apple's concern for their image. They'd lose more money if they didn't give him a replacement. Provided OP isn't a chicken shit who wouldn't go to the press or sue Apple if he didn't get a replacement.

A product as common as an iPod catching fire during normal use, endangering the user, Apple isn't going to piss him off by not giving him a replacement, risking very bad press or possibly a lawsuit.

You underestimate Apple's concern for their image. They'd lose more money if they didn't give him a replacement. Provided OP isn't a chicken shit who wouldn't go to the press or sue Apple if he didn't get a replacement.

A product as common as an iPod catching fire during normal use, endangering the user, Apple isn't going to piss him off by not giving him a replacement, risking very bad press or possibly a lawsuit.

I can think of a few good counter-lawsuits, but that's just me. I'm sure Apple's lawyers are much better at that than I am.

One of my teachers got an iPad and after a week noticed a small speck of metal or dust under the screen so he went to the apple store to get it taken out. The store clerk basically told him that for the amount of money he paid for it, he shouldn't have to put up with that and gave him a new iPad for free.

I'm sure they'll replace your ipod nano for catching on fire.

You think there's a lot of people interested in hearing my ipod catching fire?

You think there's a lot of people interested in hearing my ipod catching fire?

It's happened before, the exploding part isn't really much of a story. What would gain you the eye of the internet is if Apple refused to replace it (but that won't happen). Just call their 1-800 and let them know what happened.

you can exagerate it,saying the ipod was trying to strangulate you went it started burning

Tell them it killed your baby kittens, and so you'll need a new car and big screen television.

Back